MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

Holy cow! This stuff is great! I have beautiful, shiny, soft, defined curls. This is possibly the best hairday I've had since I started going CG (which has only been about a month, but still). I used a leave-in, the Mop C-Curl creme, and some BHRG mixed with Vive Pro Glossy Curls spray gel on top. Then I clipped and air-dried. Here are the results:

Originally Posted by NicaCurls
Hi, NicaCurls -- newbie here! I just started using MOP-C, and I'm wondering if you're still happy with it. I used it this morning with Garnier Fructis spray gel on top, then tried plopping for the first time ... with mixed results. The curls underneath look pretty good, but the ones on top -- the canopy -- are less well formed. Which, now that I think about it, is how my curls usually come out. Any tips? Your curls are gorgeous!

Curl type: Fine/medium texture, normal porosity
Co-wash and Rinse-out: TJ's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
Styling: Naturelle Biotera Styling Gel; Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel
Deep Treatment: GVP Conditioning Balm; still searching for HG
After being able to use it a few more times I think it is just o.k. The smell of citrus toothpaste is just really off putting to me. The feeling of Elmer glue isn't really helping either. It feels sticky and sometimes stays sticky in my hair if I don't use the exact right amount.

So not HG for me. It works o.k. but I have found other things that work as well and/or better like DM Mira Curls Gelly, DB Natural Coil Gelly, and Curls Gel-Les'C.
Originally Posted by Alexjoujou
I feel the same way about this but I am not ready to give up completely yet. I've had a few great hair days but for the most part I've had inconsistant results with it.
3a fine; dense; medium-low porosity, frizz prone

Current Favs: KM Shampoo bars, Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner, CJ Repair Me; CJCR, CJCCC; Marie Dean products; DM Miracurls Gelly; KCCC; CJCQ; LA Looks sport gel

Curl Junkie & Marie Dean

With the cold weather coming in, I actually haven't used this one in quite awhile. I've been using more moisturizing curl creams and puddings. When I was using it, I had to make sure not to use it for too many days at a time. But when rotated regularly I got good results, especially when paired with a pretty hard-holding gel like BRHG. What's the hold like with the Garnier Fructis spray gel?
Pacific Northwest 3a/3b, medium all across the board, possibly porous.

Low-Poo: Trader Joe's Refresh
Co-wash: V05 Tea Therapy Chamomile, Giovanni TTTT
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm, Yes to Tomatoes, EO Chamomile & Honey
Leave-in: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Sonoma Soap Company First Crush
Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT
Gels: BRHG, Biotera
Stylers/Mousses: Komaza Coconut Pudding, Curls Goddess Glaze
Originally Posted by NicaCurls
Thanks for the feedback, NicaCurls. I'm on the fence about the Garnier Fructis spray gel. The hold is pretty light, and the curls aren't especially well formed when I use it. But I couldn't tell whether the problem was with the gel or the other products I used, or a combo (I used some TJ's Nourish Spa condish as a leave-in, then MOP-C, then the Garnier). I have a feeling it's going to be a backup gel for me.

I went a little nuts last night and bought a whole pile of new stuff at Sally's: GVP Conditioning Balm, Biotera Styling Gel, EcoStyler Krystal gel, plus clips and a new diffuser. Whew! This morning, I co-washed with VO5 Free Me Freesia, conditioned with Nourish Spa, used some of the GVP balm as a leave-in, then raked in (in order) the Biotera, MOP-C, and EcoStyler. I would've expected my hair to be weighed down by all that, but to my surprise it wasn't. The curls are reasonably well formed and soft, although I didn't get as much definition as I'd hoped. There was minimal crunch, which came out easily with gentle scrunching. I did get a bit of surface frizz from SOTC ... I guess I need to bring something along in my purse to put on my hands before I do that. Anyway, I'll probably experiment with the amounts I use of the various products, just because I never can leave well enough alone. And, um, I really need a haircut.

I'm also still trying to figure out the whole clipping thing. I'm kind of a klutz when it comes to stuff like that, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the clips.

Curl type: Fine/medium texture, normal porosity
Co-wash and Rinse-out: TJ's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
Deep Treatment: GVP Conditioning Balm; still searching for HG
the PJ in me is itching to get to B&BW! I have to try this! ...and AG re:coil...and AG mousse gel. I'm such a PJ!
3a/C/iii; mod-CG since 07/14/08
Shampoo: Whole Foods 365 Citrus Grapefruit shampoo (same results as Deva Low Poo but a tenth of the price!)
Condish: Deva One Condition
Styling: Deva AnGel, then SOTC with no Frizz creme
Hairtwins! Ab-star, Ledzeppole, Shellynot, soficurls and tarc817

I posted this in another thread, but for anybody wondering (since it's been discontinued for the past couple of years), it's back!

just wanted to let you gals know that MOP is back making this product. Sleekhair.com sent me an email stating that it's back in-stock and the manufacturers confirmed as well.
I hope this works for me...because I just ordered a couple tubes from here. Today is the last day for 10% off $15 or more purchase.

I will report back.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
So I've been trying this curl cream. One thing I found, for me anyway, a little goes a loooooong way. If I use just about a dime size or a tad less, I get great results. I've experimented with different combos and wrote some down and some weren't worth writing down . My favorite combo so far is;

GDLI+ sealing with 3 drops each mineral oil/sweet almond oil+ dime size Mop C cream+UFDCM and a dab of BRHG=

If the curl cream keeps working like this, it will definitely be a staple in my rotation....wonder how it will work in the summer?

Oh and it also worked great with KCCC.

I'm going to experiment some more...with other gels and Curl keeper.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by Curlsnswirls; 03-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.
I ordered some of this off eBay a couple months ago. I discovered when I got it that glycerin is in the ingredient list. I tried it, just in case it was a mis-print, but my hair did NOT like it. I was totally bummed since it has such great reviews. I have recently discovered True Polaris Truly Curly Styling girl (thank you Curlsnswirls). It is sold on etsy and it is an FSG gel. I ordered it just like her foolproof formula, but I had her leave out the protein, and I LOVE it!!!
3a, baby fine i/ii, low to normal porosity, protein sensitive
Mod CG since 5/12, from rainy Western WA
dislikes: glycerin, wheat protein
Likes: moisture, Mag Sulfate
Poo: Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo
Cond: CJCR, VO5 Clarifying Conditioner
LI: JC WDT, CJ CR
Style: Loma Curvature Curvy Cream, True Polaris Protein Free Truly curly styling gel (Etsy), Sweet Curls flax seed defining gel (Etsy)
You people are killing me! {runs to google this product}

Two questions for those who have the Truly Curly gel: which scent did you choose, and does TruePolaris ever have sales?

Just curious, y'know
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Originally Posted by yossarian
I just bought this two weeks ago!!! I had tried to make my own FSG but just couldn't pull off the right texture (it was either too thick to strain or else too watery to count as "gel").

Anyway I gave up on my own failed experiments and I ordered from True Polaris after seeing it mentioned somewhere on these boards. I chose the Fairie Queen scent, and I love it. It's a full floral scent, but it dissipates within minutes, so it doesn't clash with other scented products, which is great. My hair loves protein so I didn't think to ask for anything special in terms of the formulation, BUT on a future order I would probably ask for it not to include any magnesium sulfate (I get dried out easily and I don't need the extra curl encouragement). I also wish the formula included aloe. I didn't realize they would customize your order; now that I know I will be making all kinds of wild demands! LOL

In any case, I really recommend it. The shipping speed was amazing, the scent was lovely (and I hate most scents), and the product was moisturizing and defining. I have no clue if they offer sales, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right? Or to ask for a sample?
Medium/coarse, low porosity, dense, mix of 3s
CG (again) since Nov. 2012

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention, Elucence MBC, KC Come Clean
Condish: Giovanni DL, Cure Care, Ion Treatment, GVP Balm, AOHR
Protein: AOGPB, CNPF, SSRPT
Stylers: KCCC, SM Souffle, AOMM, SS CEJ, JCRR, JCCC

Trying out steaming!
Originally Posted by ltdeforrest
Yay!! Glad you like it. It is a great gel. I'm actually loving the Mop C, just wished it came in a larger tube/bottle.

Yossarian, I had a code a while back for the TruePolaris gel that she gave me when I asked, so it wouldn't hurt to ask her. She's very nice and has great customer service. Oh and I chose the vanilla scent, a very mild scent.
I really like that it comes in a pump bottle too. I have the link to her shop in my,siggy under "FSG".

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Curlsnswirls, that's a great idea. She's having wrist surgery, so she won't be taking orders for a while, but maybe she can send small samples of Vanilla & Fairie, before I commit to yet another purchase.

ltdeforrest and Hootenanny, thanks for your feedback as well. Scent is important to me, so it's always a major consideration. The Faerie sounds really good.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Last edited by yossarian; 03-11-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Originally Posted by yossarian
How's the experimenting going?