MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

You won't be on your own if you don't like this Magoo, I absolutely hated it. Far and away the worst thing I've ever put in my hair (and there have been many!). It made my hair feel coated and my curls all stringy and frizzy. And don't even get me started on the smell which I found strangely stomach churning (scents don't usually bother me). I threw it away, after about 3 tries, despite it's price - usually hang on to things and use them on
Originally Posted by Starmie
get it out of the trash, darnit! i will take it off your hands!!!
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Originally Posted by Starmie
That's too bad ... I hate when that happens. I experienced the same thing with the Devacurl products - I couldn't get them to work for me at all. I've put them in the back of my cupboard to try them again in the summer, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Just for everyone else's info ... if you plan on stocking up on it, http://www.sleekhair.com/1666.html has it for $15 a bottle.
I have hair type 3a (very thick, very coarse, very long) and have yet to find a good product that works. My hair is pretty much all curly with some parts that are wavy. Most products that i've tried either make it curly with some crunch (and of course no second day hair), or they make it soft, but have no hold. I dont like products that require me washing my hair everyday (very bad on my hair). For those of you that have tried this product...does it work well with really thick hair?
I have pretty thick hair, and mine is coarse as well. That's why I like the cream based stuff. But most has not enough hold for me. That's why I like Mop-C. This is going to sound odd, but it almost has a "glue-like" consistency - which is how I know when a creme is going to work on my hair or not. Since I don't know what your hair likes or doesn't like, I can't say for sure if this would work for you, but it works on my hair and mine sounds pretty similar.

I also refuse to stick w/ a product that won't give me second day hair. I am FAR too lazy to wash it, plus I HATE waiting for it to dry.

how much do you use per application? (how long do you think one bottle will last?)
Originally Posted by shellynot
For my thick, mid-back 3a hair, I use 2 quarter size blobs. And that is PLENTY for me! You only really need a thin coat. If you use too much, (for me at least...) it weights down the hair, can look producty and gets crunchy. With the Curls Rock, I only used about 1.5 pumps.. I think I might use just a tad more Mop-C.

I know $18 is expensive for a hair product - but I think of it this way: I paid $45 for 3 products when using Curls Rock. Now I only pay $18 for one that I don't have to use anything else with. I guess I'm odd though - I would gladly pay the money to have something that works really well with my hair than pay less for something that gives me mediocre results. Plus, if you get it from BBW and you hate it, take it back! I always make sure I can return stuff when I buy it. I don't want to get stuck w/ something I hate!

I would just like to add in that I am terribly sorry if you get Mop-C after reading this and it doesn't work for you! That's what happened to me with Jessicurl. I would love for everyone to get my same results though!!

ETA: The one I bought is in the orange tube http://www.mopproducts.com/pdf/C-cur...ning_cream.pdf
"The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote

Last edited by curlygreek; 03-10-2008 at 12:17 PM.
I have pretty thick hair, and mine is coarse as well. That's why I like the cream based stuff. But most has not enough hold for me. That's why I like Mop-C. This is going to sound odd, but it almost has a "glue-like" consistency.

Originally Posted by shellynot

Originally Posted by curlygreek
The glue like consistency is the perfect way to describe it. It reminds me of the Elmers glue they use in school - the white stuff in the bottle.

I also don't need a lot of this stuff. I seldom get 2nd day hair, but when I have gotten it, I have either used this stuff or Joiwhip.

I've also spent a fortune on products that I ended up passing on to someone else. If you can get a place that lets you bring it back that is a real bonus.

I love love love this stuff !!! I really hope it works for you!
Darn it! I knew I should not have opened this thread. I have seen some other mentions about it but had managed to hold off the PJ and now I see this and now I really want to try it. I definitely like being a one product girl (got tired of mixing and layering, etc) and I have been trying to find something that I could get locally that would work as well as my beloved Jessicurl CCSS. I do really like the CCSS but it starts to get expensive when you use alot of it like I do and then when you add in the shipping charges...well you get the idea. Now I will be making a trip to the mall tomorrow to see if my B&BW has it. And I already have another product on the way to try that I got in a swap. Darn you PJ!!!! But it's all good
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Originally Posted by Rednaturalcurls
just remember, if you hate it, you can always take it back
im glad that u guys are having success with this product, this is actually one product i need to pick up the next time i go to the beauty supply place. now do u guys air dry ur hair with this stuff or do u diffuse? do u use just this product alone or do u use in conjunction with something else?
3A/3B hair
BC: 3/22/08

pw:sachap

[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Enablers LOL! I had just bought a tube of Recoil when I came across this thread and so of course, I just had to go out and buy a tube of this. I can't wait to try it this morning!!

Jennifer
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
Originally Posted by Rednaturalcurls
just remember, if you hate it, you can always take it back
Originally Posted by curlygreek

So true! According to the Mop website, they list it as being carried by Trade Secret in my mall so I will go there tomorrow since I have something to take back. At least that way I can justify buying another hair product I will check B&BW too just in case but I didn't see that particular one on their website (they carry some of the other products) and it wasn't listed on the Mop website as a place that carries it.
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
As I posted in the "The end of Mop-C curl defining cream" thread, B&BW is not accurate when it comes to the online stock and store stock corresponding. It is VERY unreliable. There are several things (not hair related) that they carry in store and not online and vice-versa. This also happens with Mop products.

The larger the B&BW store, the more selection they will have (I work at Express, and they do the same with us) The higher volume the store does, the more product selection they will send. So it is very possible that you live in an area where your B&BW does not do as much business as the one that I have, so they might not carry Mop produts. The Trade Secret at my mall does not carry Mop. It all depends on location.

You can always order offline!
I did see that info on B&BW in the other thread and I definitely plan to check them too. I think the one at this mall is one of the larger stores. If they don't have it (and Trade Secret doesn't either), there are two other malls between my job and home with B&BW and maybe one of them will carry it (we are a mall happy town). I can't honestly say that I have seen it in Trade Secret but since it was listed on the Mop website it might be worth checking. Plus that gave me the motivation to take back another item to them that I have been meaning to do. I'm excited. Of course if I can't locate it I will check into ordering online.
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
curlygreek are u in the ny area? i think there is a big b&bw on 23rd street, i wonder if they carry mop-c
3A/3B hair
BC: 3/22/08

pw:sachap

[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
no.. i live in ohio. Just call the store and ask them
Are they CG? The poo is sulfate free. I'm not sure how to read all of the ingredients...listed here:

condish

poo

I'm using it with AOHR co wash and leave-in right now, but I'm curious!
2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
Fotki PW: swirlygirl
Updated 7/13/08

I have been using C-Curl for some time. I thought the previous discontinued version gave better hold than this version, but this is still the only product I will use. I also use the c-curl shampoo and condish. I absolutely love the detangling properties of the condish. Every now and then (maybe once a week) I need to use a leave-in (AG fast food). Other than that I can't say enough good stuff about this line. I do know that they took the parabens out of their products. The last c-curl had parabens. I am still looking for a good gel to use with it, as all of the gels that I loved have been discontinued. That is the story of my life. C-Curl alone does not give me enough hold. I can tell you that I was quite relieved when I found out that they were just re-releasing the c-curl. I liked it better in the pump bottle, even though you had to get the last bit out by opening the bottle. The current way the packaging opens now, it makes a mess on my bathroom counter.
"Beware so long as you live, of judging people by appearances."
- La Fontaine"

3a/b brunette, layered, a little past shoulder length

condish

poo

I'm using it with AOHR co wash and leave-in right now, but I'm curious!
Originally Posted by iwantcurls
The CO is not b/c it has cyclomethicone in it, but the poo looks fine to me.

3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 06.05.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3
stylers: As I Am leave in, original moxie hold up serum
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

The CO is not b/c it has cyclomethicone in it, but the poo looks fine to me.
Originally Posted by whimaway
Thanks so much! I glanced at it, but missed the obvious cone. I guess I'll be happy with the product and stick with AOHR.
2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
Fotki PW: swirlygirl
Updated 7/13/08

I bought this a couple of weeks ago along with the Curl Refreshing Spray. I used them together and although I liked how my hair looked it felt like coated and straw-like in the shower the next morning. I co-washed that morning and it still felt gross the next day so I had to low-poo. I'm not sure if I used too much or what went wrong, but I haven't bothered with it since. Maybe it was the spray...has anyone else tried it?