MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

I bought this a couple of weeks ago along with the Curl Refreshing Spray. I used them together and although I liked how my hair looked it felt like coated and straw-like in the shower the next morning. I co-washed that morning and it still felt gross the next day so I had to low-poo. I'm not sure if I used too much or what went wrong, but I haven't bothered with it since. Maybe it was the spray...has anyone else tried it?
Originally Posted by Miss Kitty
It might be the spray. I received a freebie from nc.com when they were having a promotion on it ... I don't like it as much as the curl defining cream. I find it can make my hair feel dry. Try using the cream without the refresher spray and see if you like it better.
Here's hoping !!
Originally Posted by Miss Kitty
Here's hoping !!
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
You're probably right. I just noticed the spray has Simethicone in it (I haven't heard of that cone before) and didn't catch it on the label when I bought it otherwise I wouldn't have. Aargh...

I will try the cream alone tomorrow and see how it goes!!
3A & at the bottom of my shoulder blades

CG since '04
I had a concern about simethicone in a hair color, and someone here told me that it's not actually a silicone. So it sounds like it probably wouldn't cause any build-up.
Well I had an unsuccessful trip to the mall today. Trade Secret does not carry that line even though they are listed on the Mop website. I checked B&BW and they don't carry it either. They said perhaps their flagship store at the other mall might (it is a bigger store). I stopped into one other place in the mall called Beauty Cosmopolitan. I think it's supposed to be like Ulta or maybe even Sephora except it's more hair care than make up. They do carry the line but not that particular product. So tomorrow I will go over to the other mall (which is literally 5 minutes from the mall I was at) and see if that B&BW has it. If not then I may just break down and purchase online.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Location:Sunny Florida
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
I called the toll free number to BBW and they told me that their website will begin carrying the curl cream again as soon as the re-packaged version gets distributed to them.
They also said that for now only their flagship stores carry Mop-C in the store. I like the idea of buying it at BBW, even if I have to order it online. That way I can at least return it locally if needed. I've tried too many products over the years that don't work for me. So, as someone else mentioned, I always try to go with a place that accepts returns.
Curious if anyone has tried this with a lot of humidity in the air and how did it perform? Second day hair for some of you? Congrats!
Mod CG since April of 2007.
anything that gives second day hair is good in my book
3A/3B hair
BC: 3/22/08

pw:sachap

[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Originally Posted by Infraredhead
I tried it and it held up great ... even at the pool while waiting for my daughter to finish her swimming lessons ...., that is a first for me !!
The only thing was that I over did the amount I put in my hair ... probably due to my concern over the humidity ... my hair still looked good - lots of soft, well defined curls, but my hair felt coated and product-y.
www.sleekhair.com has the Mop-C for $14.99 a bottle. Msgiblet told me about the website; she has ordered from them before. I haven't yet, but will be. Buying it locally is awesome, especially if you can return it, but so far this appears to be my only option.
I can't believe that BBW allows you to return a product because you don't like it ... WOW ... I wish there was a BBW here
I've tried this twice now and I'm in love too!!

The first time I used it, I didn't get great results, but I think it's because I was using a different conditioner and had been having bad hair days in general with that. I tried it again today and woohoo, score! So much definition and lots of shine... I'm sticking with this for a while .
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel

Last edited by jennifermaria; 03-14-2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo
Are those of you that are getting great results using CK under the Mop-C? I have some coming, so just wondering if they work ok together.
I didn't use CK - I used my KY under it and it turned out pretty good. I'm not sure how I feel about the KY... the last time I used it was w/ a gel and it wasn't pretty. I think I might stick it out and I just need to get the hang of it.

With the KY, I did think my hair turned out a little bit more crunchy - BUT - I am on 3rd day hair. It's in a ponytail and I have lost some definition by the nape of my neck, but my curls are still there and my frizz is not horrendous. I think I am going to pick up some JC N&S to get rid of my crunch, since I have been reading good things about it.
"The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote
have to say i have some on the way too!
i am intersted in what others use with it too. does anyone use it by itself?thanks
i will post my review when i have tried it
have to say i have some on the way too!
i will post my review when i have tried it
Originally Posted by redmum
I can use it both by itself or with the KY. I get good results either way.
I haven't used it by itself because my hair tends to like cocktails. No matter how good a product is, it just doesn't seem to work well on my hair all by itself!

I used it with a base of CK underneath, and then topped it with Aussie gel for extra hold (I've got thick hair that goes all poofy if I don't have enough hold).
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Well I did finally find it at the other B&BW at our other mall. I was very excited but today I am rather disappointed. So far I am not impressed with this stuff at all. My hair looks wet and crunchy and the crunch is not scrunching out well like it does with my other products. The curls are pretty nicely defined and very minimal frizz but the crunch is too much. And I didn't use a very large amount (maybe a little more than a pea) because I recalled seeing you ladies talking about how too much could make it look very producty. But honestly the biggest thing that I don't like is the smell! It's awful. It's like a wierd minty type smell. My co-worker said it smelled kind of orangey but to me I don't smell oranges. It just smells funky! And I don't think I can get past that especially when I am really not impressed with what it did for my hair. Ah well, at least I can return it.

On the upside I do have another product to play with (Paul Mitchell Round Trip) so that's something to look forward to tomorrow.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Location:Sunny Florida
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
My hair was REALLY crunchy the other day. It did take a little work to get out the crunch, but once I did, it was great. (It got extra crunchy w/ the KY) That's why I'm going to get some JC N&S to help get it out.

I agree - the smell is a little odd. I think it smells a bit citrusy, but I haven't found that it has lingered. I don't notice it once I walk out the door.

Sleep on it... literally! once I went to bed and woke up, my crunch was ALL gone
I get crunch when it has first dried, too. (I actually like this because that is what keeps my curls together and defined.) I also noticed that it doesn't scrunch out. BUT, the crunch fell right out for me when I turned my head upside down and touseled it at my scalp with my fingers. Then I just had big, shiny curls that still lasted all day!
2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
Fotki PW: swirlygirl
Updated 7/13/08

I may venture out and purchase this. I guess you can't go wrong if you can return it to B&BW. Fortunately I am smack dab in the middle of three locations so hopefully one will have it. I am to the point where I will put minty smelling dog poo in my hair if it will stop the evil humidity! Just kidding (I think?).

My hair looked SO pretty in the house this morning, but when I stepped outside BAM the 88% humidity here today killed it. It is a frizz fest here in Houston today.
Mod CG since April of 2007.
I used this alone today just to see how it would be without the ck. My curls are still great but there is a tiny bit of frizz that i didn't have when i used the ck.

This product is a total winner for me!!! i have never found anything that works this well in my hair!!!!! All you ladies who buy it and can't return it can send it my way
3A; I have HG products!
Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
PW: curlynow
I just got my first bottle of CK and I'm not totally sure how to use it. Do you use a leave in first and then a little CK and then the MOP-C? Do you comb it through like he says? I don't really want to comb, I do better with scrunching. Will the CK still work this way?
2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste