MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

Are you guys using a leave-in with this?
I use BWC leave-in, then rake in KY, then rake/scrunch in MOP-C/
"The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote
Gosh, darn it! I just restocked on PM RT. I wish I knew about this first. I think the Hydrolyzed corn starch is doing a number on my hair. It also has magnesium sulfate. I'll have to send this to the product graveyard to join the other protein rejects. I'll give this a try sometime.
3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
~!@#$% y'all! I just happened to look at this thread today after avoiding it intentially for days, and what do ya think I did? What, I ask? That's right. Absolutely. I ran to Ulta today and bought me some of the curl cream, and, since I know that it won't have enough hold for me, the c-system shaping serum just slithered right into my basket, too. Nothing seems to be working for me, at least not more than 1 day at a time these days, and I'm very discouraged. Hopefully, my c's and I will become one happy family....
Are you guys using a leave-in with this?
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored
I use a leave-in, but a light one. I have to use a leave-in with everything though. I have used Oyin's H&H or Juice and Berries. I've also use JCS Revitalizing leave-in. I also don't need as much as I do with other products.

If you're someone who doesn't have to use a leave-in all the time, I'd be tempted to try it without a leave-in first. It is really rich. I get frizz if I don't have a leave-in of some kind in my hair.

I have used CK with it, but wasn't keen on it. I may try it with CK again on a really humid day in the summer, but for now, it was too much. My hair had that wet look to it all day and I didn't like the way it felt. My head was itchy .... I did, however, still have great curls. My hair curls like crazy with the Mop-C
I'm just loving this stuff (although mine is the pump bottle, not the tube)!!! It really does make my hair curlier, but I'm trying to figure out which ingredient it is that does it! Does anyone know??
Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Originally Posted by kjwavy
The one with the pump is the one that is being discontinued, but from what I've heard, there isn't much of a difference between the pump (curl enhancing) and the tube (curl diffusing).

I'm not sure what let's it do what it does, but I'm really glad that it is in there !!!
So I think I have found my HG of hair products. I finally got my KY to work with my Mop-C! I have had 3 great results in a row!!

I've also gotten pretty good at diffusing, which makes my hair turn out even better! The only part I don't like it waiting for my hair to dry the rest of the way. I can't seem to keep my hands out of it... I am just not a patient person and want to scrunch my crunch before it is dry! I did purchase some JC N&S, and that took out the crunch nicely!

BTW, as a word of caution make sure you check any tubs you buy from Vitamin Shoppe to make sure they haven't been opened. They will take returns on used product, but you only get store credit for them. I checked my first tub of N&S and it was missing the seal and had been used. I picked up a second tub, and it had the seal so I bought it. Unforturnately, when I got it home, it wasn't REALLY sealed. It had just been placed back on top. My tub was used.

I'm all about swapping here and using leftovers from someone else... but it totally creeps me out when I got to a store and I end up purchasing some random person's leftovers...
I just ordered some JC N&S from Vitaminshoppe! Now I'm wondering if I'll get a new one or a used one!
Does N&S work like a pomade type product? As it helps remove crunch, does it add shine or definition. I got it because so many people seem to like it.
I'm assuming that you only need to use a tiny amount.
It's like a wax. It will melt in your hads, and it does add some shine. It didn't add any definition for me, but I think it did help to keep my hair from frizzing when I crunched.

You really do only need a small amount. The tub says to use a pea sized amount. I used less.
About the Nourish & Shine seal...when I bought mine there were only a few on the shelf and the inside seal was loose but the product was untouched. You can easily tell if it's been used, I wouldn't worry too much about that but definitely check. I suspect that either the seal is defective or people want to see what the product looks and smells like before buying maybe. I dunno, but the few that I found all had loose seals.
3a/medium texture/normal porosity
I'd describe the N&S more as a butter, which melts when you rub it between your hands. In addition to softening crunch, it adds a good amount of shine and moisture.
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored
ITA .. it is a wonderful product. It also does double duty .. my cuticles are a lot better since I started using this !!!
It works well over all types and brands of styling products that you all have used it with?
Originally Posted by curly01
It works well over everything, but the key is to use it sparingly. Very easy to over due, at least for me.
3a/medium texture/normal porosity
OMG! I've been reading this thread even though i had a full stock of productsm, i went out and bought it from my local Bath and Body works. This stuff is AWESOME!
I put a small amount of leave in condish and a quarter and half size of the Mop C cream. I had alot of crunch this morning but sprayed some SIF by Deva in my hands and scrunched it out. Beautiful curls but i think i put too much of the cream in. I will try a nickel size amount tomorrow as i have to wet my hair everyday. Thank you FrizzBgone for the recommendation. love it after one use!
It seems that some are getting good results using CK then MOP-C on top, and some are using MOP-C first then a Gel. I haven't even gotten any yet, and I'm wondering how I will use it for best results!! Did you all have to try different combos and orders of application to see what works best for your hair?
I have some other new stuff that I need to experiment with first, but I know that I will get the MOP-C SOON! Too may good reviews to not at least try it!
It got delivered to my college mailbox on Monday... but unfortunately I'm at home until Friday! GAH.
Location: North NJ or NYC
Curly01, I took a chance and only used a pea size amount of the shea leave in cond. and the Mop C. Nothing else. Very good curl definition after plopping with my curlease towel which also = no frizz! love this stuff and love my curlease towel
I've never used CK under Mop-C, so I can't speak to that. I'll give it a try and post the results when I do.

I always use leave in / Mop-C and then gel. I put a small amount of gel in before I plop and then I scrunch in just a little after plopping. This is only to replace the small amount that goes off in the towel. I have tried not putting the gel in until after I plop, but I don't find it works as well. The gel seems to protect the Mop-C from coming off.

I tried using Mop-C without a leave-in and it didn't work as well for me ... but my hair tends to need leave-ins every day - even in the summer. I do find, however, that I can only use a lighter leave-in when I'm using the Mop-C. I like Oyin's Juice & Berries, Oyin's H&H or JCS Revitalizing leave-in conditioner. If I use anything richer than that, it is too much for my hair.

I apply about a nickel's size of Mop-C when my hair is tipped down and then about a dime (at most) when my head is up. When I lift my head it is to get the middle of the back of my head. After I apply it there, I pull my sides back as if I were going to make a ponytail. This is the only way I can avoid having a frizzy strip down the back of my head

The last few times I've used it I've been trying to use less. I have never had bad results with it - even if I have overused, but I don't like the feel of my hair when I do. If you are someone that doesn't need a lot of product, you'll definitely use less of this one. I tend to need a lot of product, so I'm still trying to figure out the perfect amount!

The gels I love to use with it are: #1 Mop Top and #2 Max Green Alchemy Sculpting gel (stronger than the styling gel).