MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

What are you guys using to "rinse/wash" this out on a daily/weekly basis? I'm still loving it, but starting to get frizz I've never had and I'm wondering why. I've been co-washing with AOHR and was also using it as a leave-in. I stopped using it as a leave-in and am also trying to co-wash less.

Anyone else noticed more or less frizz with the MOP-C? I'm new to CG, too, so more than one variable has changed in my routine. Is a leave-in supposed to help minimize frizz? I can't decide if my frizz is related to product, condish, going CG or what.

I'm also wanting to try the MOP Mixed Greens Condish. Anyone else use that?
2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
Fotki PW: swirlygirl
Updated 7/13/08

Jane Carter Solution C&S worked really well under the Mop-C. I used the JCS Revitalizing leave-in conditioner, followed by C&S and then Mop-C and topped it off with a small amount of Mop Top gel scrunched in.

It worked great. No frizz and my hair doesn't feel product-y. Considering how many products I have in my hair I thought that was pretty good !!!

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
I was thinking the JC C&S was to be used over, not under. I've got MOP-C defining curl cream as well, and love the stuff! I just got JC C&S and was thinking of using it over to scrunch the crunch.
I get frizz from CG period after the second or third day. I think it's product buildup because when I use a non sulfate poo my hair bounces back to normal.
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I have used mop-c sucessfully for 3 days in a row! I love this stuff!! Now I know I have finally found the right product for me! Beautiful frizz free well defined curls.
Type 3a, Medium Texture, High Porosity Happy to be curly
Currently Using:
  • Co-Wash: Suave Coconut Conditioner
  • Rinse out: Oyin Honey Hemp or AOHR
  • Leave In: KCKT
  • Stylers: AG Recoil, JC CCCS, KCCC
  • Gels: BRHG
Experimenting with: CJ Products!
I am a MAJOR PJ!! It's an addiction I know!
http://public.fotki.com/RingletCurlGirl/ New Pics added 6/29/09!!!!!
pw: Boing
I will not read this thread. I will not read this thread. I will not read this thread. (I'm trying to convince myself not to read so I won't be tempted. )

Frizz Happens!

my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

What level of hold would you say the JCS C&S has? Enough to be used on its own, or does it need the layering to be effective?
Thanks!
I used this alone over some Oyin HH today. I may have used too much, though -- my hair feels kind of stiff. Looks good, though... lots of volume and curl. I'll try it next time with some JCSC&S.
Location: North NJ or NYC
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored

I used it with C&S today - worked awesome. I think I have finally figured out the right amount ... not quite a nickel, but bigger than a dime when my head is tipped over and about 1/2 a dime size when I tip my head up and do the middle/back of my head.

I scrunched in a small amount of Max Green Alchemy sculpting gel and plopped ... awesome hair and doesn't feel gunky at all.

The C&S works better with it than the CK. I also used the Revitalizing Conditioner (spray) from JCS as a leave-in. I like that one and Oyin's Juice & Berries best with it. Oyin would be next, but I do find that the spray in's work better with this product ... I think it is because they are lighter.
Does anyone have issues rinsing this stuff out? Day 1 my hair feels great, but day 2 it feels kind of greasy, and water-rinsing doesn't seem to help the next morning. Maybe I'm still using too much...
Location: North NJ or NYC
i congratulated myself for passing this by at Beauty First!!! I mean, you guys are raving about it, but i don't want to get addicted to something that costs $19 for a tube that is 5 oz...
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

I'm also wanting to try the MOP Mixed Greens Condish. Anyone else use that?
Originally Posted by iwantcurls
Ooh I really want to try this now after reading all the raves, despite a mixed history with MOP. So far I have tried the leave in (wasn't blown away by it but it was very light/non-greasy for a cream and now wondering how it would layer with the C-curl?) At the moment I am using Mixed Greens conditioner and while it's nice enough, I'm not overly impressed by its moisturising properties, although have been experimenting with it as a leave in as it's not very heavy.

I wouldn't say don't try it, it's certainly better than some others, just my hair seems to soak up conditioners - my favourites are probably Body Shop Olive Glossing and Jessicurl TooShea, which are both very rich. MOP also do a C-Curl conditioner which might be more moisturising, not sure though as haven't tried. I also have the deep moisture treatment which again is a nice dt, just nothing above and beyond others I have tried. I don't know, they just don't smell of much to me (I've read people raving about the smell and I don't get much scent at all from them, just sort of vaguely herbal)or feel as luxurious as I was expecting.

I also have the Defining cream (bought this before I'd heard of the Curl cream). Again, ok, nice in that I've yet to "overload" my hair with product despite it being quite rich, just haven't gotten amazing curl definition with the MOP. But this Curl cream sounds great, although the comparison to Bedhead does scare me as that was waaay too heavy for my hair. hm... The fact that none of their other products have been too heavy does make think I should try it though!

Um also I was wondering has anyone tried the MOP foaming gels? I am curious about them as I used to like one of the Aveda foamy ones (can't remember which). Thanks for any advice! :-)
Darn it! Why do I read these things?? I already have so much product, it needs its own closet! But the MOP C just sounds soooooo wonderful....but that is of course the lure of the holy grail!!!
I think I am going to run out this afternoon and see if our BBW carries it! I am going to have to come up with another reason to go to the mall so my husband doesn't suspect that I am on a hair product run.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
Originally Posted by Boomygrrl
Hi There .... sorry for not posting back to you!

I have never heard of anyone using Condition & Sculpt (C&S) over a product, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Anytime I have used it, it has always been under ... after a leave-in and before any styling products.

I can't imagine C&S working to scrunch out the crunch. I tried C&S on its own once and it made my hair a little crunchy. I don't think it would work for scrunching the crunch out ... but if you have it, you could certainly give it a try.

I think the reason that the Nourish and Shine (N&S) works so well is that it is has the consistency of butter. It softens the crunch and gives you some shine at the same time.
I was just in Ulta the other day trying to find a replacement for the Dove texturizing cream that I loved but that has been discontinued. I was totally bewildered by the huge selection of products and the high prices. I'd be willing to spend big bucks for one product since none of the products I currently use are very expensive, but I didn't know which one to choose. Now after reading this thread I think I will try the MOP defining cream. When Curlygreek said "gluelike" that convinced me that it could be the replacement I've been looking for since that's what the Dove cream was like. So thanks everyone for posting about this!
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
I have been mixing MOP C with aloe with wonderful results. I helps me distribute it and I think it counteracts any dryness it might give me. I have been applying this combo under a gel.

Originally Posted by shellynot
I was in Ulta the other night and had the tube in my hand. It was $18.00 there. I succeeded in putting it back on the shelf, too.

Of course, the only reason to pay that much would be if it turned out to be the HG of all HG's .
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
Guys....I had a dream about this product last night. What am I going to do??

!!!!!
3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

Originally Posted by shellynot

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
That's why combining it with aloe is perfect - it makes it last longer and with all the products in my arsenal - I never use the same product more than 2-3 days - this stuff will last forevah I tell you - FOREVAH!!

OK, I have been so good resisting a trip to BBW to get this!! Then I stumbled across a coupon for any product FREE (up to $11 value) w/ any store purchase. Drat! Now it is almost like I *HAVE* to get some MOP-C because I can get a free thing with it!!!!