MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

In my quest for a silicone-free hair product, I came across a thread on nc.com in which one of the members said that MOP-C was the closest thing to Curls Rock that she had found. I about peed myself because no silicone-free product had stood up to my beloved Curls Rock. I by chance stumbled across it at Bath and Body Works, and I was not going to pass up a chance to try it out.

I think I'm in love. As soon as I put it in my hands, I knew it was different than the other natural products I had tried. It had a very similar consistency to Curls Rock, which I know is what my hair needs. My coarse 3a hair does not respond well to gels or mousses, and most silicone-free curl cremes are too light and don't give me any hold. (ex. Biotera Curl Creme)

My hair isn't fully dry yet, but I can tell it is responding the same way as it did with Curls Rock. I have no frizz (which I would by now with other stuff), and I am a bit crunchy, but I can scrunch that right out.

I am so excited!! If I get second day hair from this stuff.. it might be my HG!
"The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote
That is wonderful! I hope it works out great for you! I need to try this I think. I wonder if all bath and body works carry it or if it's just the flagship stores. Anyway, best of luck with it and I hope it works great when your hair dries! Keep us posted!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
:O a cream that provides definition and hold?? oh my! i guess i do need to try it. do you mind telling me how much it cost you?
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

It was $18.00 for a tube at Bath and Body Works. If you get it and you don't like it, you can return it. It's kind of expensive, but I didn't use anything else in my hair with it.

I'm all about paying $18 for one product after 3 years of paying $15 each for 3 w/ Curls Rock.

I'm going to go back and get the spray and try it with the creme.

p.s... my hair is dry, frizz free, and defined. yay!

I am so excited!! If I get second day hair from this stuff.. it might be my HG!
Originally Posted by curlygreek
Hooray
I know that I mentioned Mop-C curl defining cream being similar to Curls Rock ... I used to use that in my silicone days as well. I am been raving about this product since I got a freebie from nc.com and was hoping that other curlies would have some success with it.

Is it not the most amazing product you've ever tried !!!

After I got the freebie, I went into a panic, because I couldn't find it locally and Bath&Body works doesn't ship to Canada. Msgiblet was kind enought to share this website with me ... www.sleekhair.com Their prices are better than any I've seen for the Mop-C, but of course you have to take the shipping into account. But if you can't buy it locally, it is always an option !

I seldom get 2nd day hair, but anytime I have - it has been after using this product. I've actually had strangers approach me to ask me what product I have in my hair.
Update on the hair... I literally rolled out of bed this morning and just had to do minimal frizz touch up. YAY!!! AND I even got a hair compliment yesterday.

That seals it. I'm taking all my other stuff back today. Product search is over! (well.. except for KCCC.. i just HAVE to try that...) But seriously though...I love this stuff. No second day is NOT an option for my.. I am FAR too lazy to get my hair wet everyday. Any product that gives me 2nd day hair wins in my book!

Mop-C = HG for me!
Oh dear, why oh, why do I read these posts?! I used to LOVE Curls Rock but it used to give me terrible buildup and my hair couldn't handle the frequent shampooing to get it out.
And so the hunt begins!
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Dare I ask for ingredients?

ETA: holy crap, it's protein free. I hate all of you.
Location: North NJ or NYC
I love this stuff!!!!!Thank you, thank you FrizzBgone I used it yesterday over a little CK and had the best hair day i have had in months, even though it was raining!!!! I got mine here:

They shipped quickly and the price seemed pretty good? And BTW just to entice all you pjs out there, it is cg AND protein free
PW: curlynow
rejoicingcurlygirl - is yours in the bottle with the pump or the tube? I found a couple in the bottle on ebay, but the name is Curl Enhancing (not Curl Defining) cream. I'm going to try it out today for the first time - can't wait!! So glad that you love it!!
Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Mine is a tube, but according to the web they are the same only the name is changed......
PW: curlynow
how much do you use per application? (how long do you think one bottle will last?)
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

I'm going to go back and get the spray and try it with the creme.

p.s... my hair is dry, frizz free, and defined. yay!
Originally Posted by curlygreek
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
I got some of this and have been using and LOVING it. I had to order it online (but only paid $14 for it). I love it so much that I ordered a few extra tubes just in case! I like it more than KCCC and Regis Curl Lock Cream (which were my two faves prior to trying this). Great curl formation, great hold, no frizz, no buildup. Awesome stuff!
Just picked this up at Ulta for $18.00. Can't wait to try it out!!
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
The ingredients are on NC.com curlproducts section:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Steareth-21, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-11 VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ascorbyl Palmitate (*Vitamin C), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (*Vitamin C), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract**, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract**, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract**, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA***, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil Caprylyl Glycol, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol. *Source, **Certified Organic, ***Food Grade.
I don't think I see anything bad. AND NO PROTEIN!
My PJ is definitely itching for this

Originally Posted by kjwavy
Originally Posted by rejoicingcurlygirl
I think the Curl ENHANCING cream has been discontinued. They have changed it to the Curl Defining Cream. I never tried the enhancing cream, but was told by one of the stores that carried the line that it was one of their best sellers. If you were able to get it at a good price, it would likely be worth trying ... and maybe stocking up. They didn't know whether they would get the defining cream in; I'm really hoping - it would be so nice not to have to pay shipping.

I can't say how long a tube would last, because I rotate my products all the time ... I've had mine for a couple of months now, but I only use it once a week (twice max). It is quite thick, so I wouldn't think that you would need to use as much of it as you do other products.

The other thing is that if it gives you second day hair, that is a savings right there !!

It is definitely more expensive than some of the other products, but if I was a one product girl, this would be my HG for sure.
Hooray for frizz free curls !!!!

Hooray for frizz free curls !!!!
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
See, this is what I don't get about these hair product companies. If it's one of your BEST SELLERS why discontiue it?!!?. DUH!
Anyhoo, I was on a mission to find this today and was at the local mall and picked it up at Bath & Body Works. I'm do for a poo and the works today so I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I'm afraid I won't get the results everyone else is. I have the type of hair that seems to hate everything everyone else on here loves. Go figure!

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Well I could just kick myself. I was at BBW today to get this. I tested a bit in my hands, then on my hair. Seemed good. Then I looked at the price and about flipped. $18.00 was too much. I use so much stuff now I couldn't justify it. Now I see that maybe I wouldn't need all the other stuff. I hate to go to the mall, so who knows when I'll get some. I'll be out of my current stuff in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll go back then.
3a/3b thin, just to the shoulders Modified CG 3/06; still working on a routine de jour
I think that the curl defining cream and curl enhancing cream are the same product just renamed. At least that is what it says here:

MOP C-System C-Curl Curl Defining Cream 5.1oz.

Now in new packaging from C-Curl Curl Enhancing Cream, same great product, just a new look!

MOP C-System C-Curl Curl Enhancing Cream is a unique curl enhancing cream to provide smooth separation without residual tack. Maintains curl throughout the day while protecting against frizz. Citrus infused for antioxidant support. UV shields preserve color while antioxidants shield hair from the elements.