Deva Hair Diffuser

• 1 Post By rejoicingcurlygirl

I bought the Deva diffuser alone (without the hair dryer) for money-saving purposes. Anyway, I use this hand-shaped diffuser at the roots, going all around my head, and under layers. Anyone used this and found their hair not as curly or hydrated looking as with a regular round-shaped diffuser? I was so excited to try it and see how my hair turned out, but every time I use it, my hair comes out a bit on the fluffy side; curls not enhanced as they were w/my other diffuser. I am doing everything else the same, same gel, etc. Oh, and I had to buy another dryer, as the deva diffuser didn't fit on my own dryer. It is the Remington Tourmaline dryer- not expensive, but air doesn't feel that much different than my other dryer.
I have never been keen on the devafuser ... I bought the devasun hair dryer, so the fit wasn't an issue for me. If I use it at all, it is only after I have used a tradtional bowl style diffuser.

I only use it if my hair still feels wet at the scalp. I place it under my curls and hold it there until it is too hot on my head. I then turn it off before I move it. If I don't put it under my hair, it makes a mess of my curls.

Join Date: Mar 2008
ShopBop, where did you find the diffuser alone? I've been looking all over for one. However, your review makes me think it's probably not worth buying. I've been wanting it for months, though.
I'll ammend my review somewhat. I used KCKT and KCCC today. I still used my regular bowl diffuser, but I felt the hair closest to my scalp was never going to get dry.

I used the Devasun hair dryer and diffuser and it worked great today. The only way I can use it without messing up my hair is to put it underneath my hair, so the diffuser is right at my scalp. I hold it there as long as I can stand it before turning it off and moving it. It worked really well.

I don't think it is something I'll ever use on a daily basis, but it is nice to have for those days that your hair doesn't feel like it is ever going to dry.
I bought the devafuser from buydevafuser.com. It took several weeks for it to arrive. Lots of folks purchased their devafuser from HSN, but I don't think HSN has anymore in stock, and with all the bad reviews, i doubt they will carry it again.

I didn't like it. To test. I dried one side with my head with the devafuser and the other side with my traditional diffuser. I thought the traditional diffuser did a better job. I posted photos on the general hair discussion board a month or so ago.

I sent mine back for a refund. That was about 6 weeks ago & I still have not gotten a refund. I figure I'll wait 8 weeks and then start calling. Not good customer service at all.

Edit: I just checked my account. I was finally credited the $$ on Friday. Still, 6 weeks is a long time for a credit in this electronic age.

Frizz Happens!

my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Last edited by Brio; 03-16-2008 at 03:40 PM.
I use my bowl diffuser first then use the devafuser from underneath to get the hair underneath and near my scalp to dry. It works well for that. However, it is not good as a stand alone diffuser. My hair was less curly when i used only the devafuser. If you can afford to have both it is good but if you can only have one, go with the bowl.
melonie.batr likes this.
Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
PW: curlynow
Originally Posted by rejoicingcurlygirl
ITA !!!
I go up underneath my hair to the roots. I love the volume it gives me near the roots, but it does disrupt the curl (clumping) a little.

The good thing is that I don't have to use clips when I use my devafuser, so that's a big plus. The dryer I use with it came with a bowl diffuser, so I use that to dry the outside and bottom of my hair about 60% of the way.

I bought my devafuser on HSN. I really like it!
3B, with some 3C
The one I bought on the buydevafuser.com website on 1/30/08 just came! I never heard anything from them, so I gave up. Bought one on the swap board a month ago. Don't think I would suggest ordering from them!

The bill is from Deva Concepts. I'm not impressed with their way of doing business. If they were back ordered, I should have been notified and been able to cancel.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams

Last edited by kathymack; 03-18-2008 at 04:01 PM.
I love my Deva Sundryer

3b/a

I like my microfiber towel and plopping

No comb,blow-fried, sulfates,silicones detangle Only the [/SIZE]fingers!!

Originally Posted by kathymack
Jeez, this is Lorraine Massey's company, isn't it?
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I think the deva diffuser works great, so much better than the traditional bowl-style. You can get to the roots (which should be dried first, since that's where you get the "oomph" from), then let it air-dry after that. I absolutely hate the tight-casted curls (which everyone seems to want for some reason), I'd rather have loose, some would even call it frizzy?-type curls, so that way they're soft and touchable. If you have an Ulta salon near you, you can buy all their products, including the diffuser, so you don't have to wait online for your order.
I purchased my DevaFuser at Ulta and I love it! I like to let my hair air dry - but the roots always took forever! I use it underneath my hair at the bottom of the back and sides - then let my hair dry naturally the rest of the way. It really speeds up the drying process. I have used it to dry completely also - and I had good results - it really lifted the roots and I didn't find that it disturbed the curls or clumping at all. I have a Hot Tools Ionic Dryer that I also purchased at Ulta for $31.99. They seem to work really well together for me!