Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

Oh dear, you are not responsible for my bad hair day. It's not THAT bad. Just a little fluffier than usual. I put it up in a nice messy bun with a clip and I'm rocking the whole romantic, ringlety updo look . One positive is that my hair feels so soft, I can't keep myself from touching it.
Besides, it's not like I had to go buy anything. I already had the darn gel in my stash. I think it might have some potential if mixed with something else.
Yeah, that's why I didn't even bother with the Labella gel. I don't think I'd get ANY hold with that stuff. Way too much glycerin.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
I have purposely avoided this thread for ages. After reading through all 14 pages last night, I had to run out to Sally's this morning & get this. Enablers (also walked out with the glaze, curl cream & generic conditioning balm but that's a different PJ story)

I know everyone is saying that this stuff doesn't work in humidity but I tend to be opposite of everone on this board when it comes to gel. So, I'm going for it. Nothing else is working so I have nothing to lose.

I ran into the shower to try out the gel as soon as I got home. I left my routine alone & just replaced the gel to keep it fair. Here's what I did:

Water wash & condish with TS, rinse 25%. Raked in 1 tsp SheaM in dripping hair, a 4 finger blob of KCCC & a cupped palm full of Biotera. Scrunched in 1/2 cupped palm of Biotera. Scrunched out the extra water, scrunched with a tshirt, plopped in a tshirt for 10 minutes. Clipped the roots & am still air drying after an hour.

So far I'm happy. For the first time since spring I left the shower without frizz. Seriously. That's saying alot. There's no humidity today so it's not the ultimate test but it's shaping up to be a very good hair day.Sorry for the long post. I'm just so excited to not have wet hair frizz!
3a/b mix
pw:curlyqs

Originally Posted by tinabcurly
That's great, tinabcurly! I hope the no-frizz aspect lasts throughout the day!
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I bought this gel and did not have much success with it. I do not want to give up yet! I read through a lot of the posts but was wondering if people that still use it could tell me how and with what?

Thanks
for now i've stuffed my biotera in the closet. was working wonders for me when i first tried it but then i started getting build up and frizz. i'll pull it back out in the fall.
3b thick and coarse

CONS
VO5 champagne kiss, suave coconut, inecto coconut oil moisturizing condish
CURL CREMES
mop c
GELS
HE SMU, LA sports gel
LOW POO'S
cream of nature

cg/modified cg since april 2006
So I hate to bring back this thread but I had to tell everyone that I went out and bought Biotera creme, gel, and mousse. I tried the creme and gel tonight, and got fairly good results but its very humid out right now so fall should be the real testing time.

I saw suggestions to mix it with something else, so I just have to find something. Maybe HEBE?
I bought it, and alone it does not have enough hold for me.

I'm sure you could mix it with anything you wanted. I'm going to try Biosilk's Rock Hard gel and Sebastian's high contrast on top of it and see what happens.
2b/3a.
bump

so i had to get the curl creme and gel a few weeks ago...dying to know how it will work on my hair
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I'm sorry if someone already has given the ingredients for this product, but I scrolled through about half the pages and got impatient haha. Does this product contain parabens, water soluble or non-water soluble siliconess, or protein?
Type 2b/2c, med/coarse, low porosity, medium density

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tangerine, Live Clean Moisturizing, CJ Daily Fix, GTTT, Tigi MM

Conditioner: Tigi MM, Jessicurl WDT, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Daily Smoothing, CJ H&B Deep Fix

Deep Treatment: same as rinse out

Leave-in: KCKT or my rinseout

Styling Aids: Alberto/V05 Gel, HETT/HESMU, KCCC
Originally Posted by Tomorrow Never Knows
Here are the ingredients.

Water (Agua), Polyquaternium 4, Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Arnica Montana Flower Extract, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, DMDM Hydantoin, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum

And as a side note, I love this gel! I use 4 quarter-size puddles in my hair and then add a blob of Eco Styler Krystal gel over it. I have been getting great curls with this combo.
3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
I just add in a bit of BSRHG when it's extra-humid out or when I want a bit more hold.
I have posted before but Bioterra is by far my favorite gel to have on hand -- I guy it by the liter bottle and it is great on it's own for med. hold but I add it to BRHG also and it's great. I also use a teeny bit to scrunch out any crunch and it's great for that too.
Originally Posted by bettinfla
I will have to try it with BRHG. I loved this gel for a while and then started experimenting with other gels.....I will have to go back and start using this again, since I have two liters and another container..lol. The price is great too.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I'm still loving this gel. It gives me just the right amount of hold when paired with AOMM.

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!

Thanks
Originally Posted by udoknowjac
I bought the Bioterra gel and the curl cream after reading this thread, and tried them both in various combinations and separately. I decided I did not like them. Luckily, I saved my receipts and thanks to Sally's generous return policy, traded them in for some other stuff to try.
I'm still trying out products (new to CG), but I have to say I love the Biotera curl creme. My hair is 2c/3a, fine but thick. It gave me great curls and ringlets! But then I tried the gel and it was just too much. Even diluted with a little water it pulled a lot of the curl back out. Has anyone tried the glaze or mousse? I was hoping one of them might be a lighter weight.
For me, the firm gel is part of my regular HG when I mix it with PMRT. I've been using for over a year now! I wonder though after reading some of the posts if it is weighing my curls down a bit.
I did not have success with curl cream, especially in humidity. Lots of frizz.
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

So I finally got around to playing with this stuff. Started with just the cream and gel on one section, the decided to try some ag recoil underneath on another section, and decided that I liked the recoil underneath so finished my whole head with it.

I smoothed and scrunched some HETT on afterwards so my hair would have a bit more hold but the curls are drying bouncy and my hair has a nice shine. I diffused and it's still damp so the true test will be when it's 100% dry.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
So I bought this yesterday. Used it this morning. Used the curl creme and the styling gel (got that as I need a firm hold gel). Unmitigated DISASTER!

My hair is so soft and limp and lifeless I've put it up. Even that's not helping! I used my normal products and then 1 pump of the curl creme and about a quarter sized gel blob. Plopped, clipped, diffused to about 75% (my hair dried very quickly with this). I knew when I was done diffusing this was not gonna be a keeper for my hair. It felt almost oily in my hair---it wasn't really oily just felt so smooth--as if I'd just used a smoothing serum. The curls were o.k. but were pretty much gone within the hour. This is the total opposite of the Mop C Curl Creme from yesterday..I knew I shouldn't have messed with that 2nd day hair!

The good news is that I tried these on my daughter tonight. So far so good. The only product we can share is the KBB Milk and the Giovanni Tea Treat conditioner as a cowash. Her hair does better with the KBB nectar though (mine with the milk) otherwise.

I'm not sure if the cause of my yuck today is the gel or the creme though so I'll give both a try with other products. Maybe I can mix them and get better results.

Thank God its Sunday--this would have had me digging out my HE SME Spray Gel at work to try to fix the damage by about 10am!
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
bump

3b/a

I like my microfiber towel and plopping

No comb,blow-fried, sulfates,silicones detangle Only the [/SIZE]fingers!!