Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #321

Join Date: Oct 2010

I'm still not sure about Biotera for Summer, although I think it may be my HG in winter/Spring. I'll keep alternating just CK and a hard hold gel (currently HESMU, but I'd like to find both BRHG and Joico Joigel to try) and the CK, Biotera, HESMU combination. I love the shine from the Biotera, but it might be a bit superfluous if I have to mix in a hard hold gel anyway. I'll give it a few tries and report back.

Also, I don't seem to have a problem w/ the glycerin in CK even in dews in the low 70s, but I'm curious if the layering of Biotera, which also has glycerin, will tip the scale at these high dew points. Again, I'll experiment and report back.
3b/3c at nape/a little 3a on the sides, med-course, high porosity, colored.
Protein sensitive, hard water.

spritz and condish
low-poo: shea moisture, Y to Cucs (clarifying)
RO: CJ A&OO, CJSL,GVPCB
PT: Sally's K-Pak, AO GPB
queenofdisks80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #322

Originally Posted by jazzy curlz View Post
I have to agree that the Bioterra gel is all that and then some! I used it over my Ecostyle gel and my curls popped like WOW!!! But the downside to that was that my hair had little flakes in it and it aboard to puff up my ends either at the end of the day or the very next day as it dried
The Biotera may not play well with the eco styler? The eco styler never worked for me, it gave me wonky looking bent curls. I know alot of you have thicker stronger curls than I do but it works alone in the humidity for me and I use a lot, probably fifty cent size on back half and fifty cent size on top/sides and even add a little more to smooth over the top when I'm done diffusing. I usually have a lot of fly aways at the crown and I used this last summer in San Diego and it was the best beach hair I've had in 25 years!

I'm usually sensitive to too much glycerin in products and this never bothers me. I get stringy, greasy looking waves with too much glycerin, so for those of you that have stronger thicker curl patterns I don't think this product would be an issue.
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #323

Join Date: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
Ah, so it seems I may just need to really increase the amount of Biotera that I'm using w/ my CK, instead of the quarter CK, nickel Biotera, drop of HESMU per section that I had tried before. Also, good to know that you haven't had any problems w/ the glycerin content, although, like I said, I am layering mine over CK. I think today I'll try my CK w/ and equal blob of Biotera per section and see what happens. Thanks!
3b/3c at nape/a little 3a on the sides, med-course, high porosity, colored.
Protein sensitive, hard water.

spritz and condish
low-poo: shea moisture, Y to Cucs (clarifying)
RO: CJ A&OO, CJSL,GVPCB
queenofdisks80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #324

Originally Posted by queenofdisks80 View Post
Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
Unfortunately I haven't ever tried CK so I'm no help there but the Biotera must not have much glycerin in it because I use to use it exclusively and never had a problem with it like I've had with other products where glycerin is the second ingredient. So I would definitely try using more like you suggested, let me know how it works for you.
I used it with AOMM yesterday and had increased curl and a lot of body, it still even looks good this morning and I always cond. wash and re-do my hair everyday. It's in my rotation of products I use since I can't claim any my HG's yet and as Kathymac says it's good to rotate your products anyway so your hair doesn't get 'satiated' with any one product and stop working for you. HTH!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #325

Smile Bioterra

I've been on and off to the message boards for a while and I've heard of Bioterra but never tried it. I finally picked up the gel and the glaze - and WOW! I used Shea Mouisture first (the smoothie) then the glaze (another day I switched and used the gel) - WOW , yes , again! I LOVE this stuff!!! it gave me GREAT definition - well, the combo did! amazing!!! another new fav!!!!!
Now I'm tempted to almost try the Bioterra curl creme.....
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...

Old 06-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #326

Join Date: Jun 2010

Love the Biotera gel but the curl cream gave me poofy frizz. I'd love to find some of the shea moisture smoothie like you tried but I haven't found it at any of my Targets yet.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #327

Default great combo

yes - it really has made HUGE differences in my hair - and I don't think I've ever said that about any product! I LOVE the Shea Moisture - it literally goes with everything I put in!!!!
Our local Targets have a whole endcap dedicated to this stuff! But I think you can get it at some Rite Aides or Walgreens? not sure, but I thought I saw that somewhere...
The Biotera glaze is also great with this stuff - a little lighter but works wonders!!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #328

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria View Post
What state are you in? I'm in AZ & I'll look again, so far I only found the body lotion.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #329

Join Date: Mar 2007

I'm in NJ. We actually have some of the body lotions and shampoos - not all - but most of the hair care stuff. Can you get it online??
I just went to the site and if you type in your zip code it tells you where to find it...
hope you can!

Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #330

hope you can!
Yea! Walgreens out here locally says they have it in stock when I looked online but Target is out of stock. How much do you use? and have you tried any of the shampoos and cond. or other products? Thanks for your help, hopefully it isn't too heavy for my 2b/3a hair.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #331

Join Date: Mar 2007

oh yeah! I was just at Target a few hours ago and was actually going to get an extra in case you couldn't find it
I actually use a good amount - it looks like my hair is a bit thicker than yours but not as long, I'm more 3b with some a... I separate my hair in 4 sections and apply some to each section, I'd guess-timate with a tablespoon or more per section (you may want less if you're afraid of it getting heavy)... Then I apply the gel (or the glaze)- the same way . I air dry almost always.
And sometimes, I use that super soaker method - I just add extra water - seems to help!
I used the milk but didn't like it, same with their shine spray - not a fan. We're all different, so they may work for you. I do want to try some of their skin stuff - waiting for that to hit our stores!
Enjoy!!!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #332

Join Date: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria View Post
Have you tried the Shea moisture hair milk? What would you compare the smoothie to? I currently use and love CCCC but would be fantastic if I could find another less expensive product that I don't have to order. Unfortunately my Walgreens doesn't carry this brand, so I will have to go into town sometime soon to find it.

ETA: I just read the above post about the hair milk...so never mind on that one.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by curlykey; 06-27-2011 at 01:03 PM.
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #333

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I just revisited this gel after quite a few years, and I must admit I am loving it (again)! I need to use quite a bit, but it gives me different results than most other stylers. It reduces the volume a bit, and I have elongated, "swingy" kind of curls. It held up to major humidity, and looked pretty decent after being soaked in a thunderstorm earlier. I'm glad it's affordable and local.
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #334

Join Date: Apr 2004
Default Boitera LI

HATED IT!! Took it back to Sally's and will try the curl cream. made my hair dry and frizzier.
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #335

Post

Oops! Double post!
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #336

Post

Anyone use this year round?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #337

Join Date: Apr 2012

Used this today over MD curl styling cream and i mixed it with AOMM (in my hand) and topped with a little LALSG. My hair is not completely dry but so far it's looking great.....I will update after I've used this gel a little more. I really hope it works so I don't have to order some curl keeper, as the biotera is inexpensive.