Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

The Biotera gel is a liquidy gel, right? I don't have any of this gel (imagine that), so not sure. I seem to have a lot of luck with definition with the liquidy gels, too. I'm still having good luck with the A/G Liquid Effects -- it is really strong & crunchy and takes awhile to scrunch the crunch out if I'm not careful when applying, but so far, so good. It would be SOOO nice if I could finally have one gel that does the trick consistently.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

It's liquidy but not runny. More liquidy than Angell, for instance. Even a bit more liquidy than Curl Booster. I have to scrunch a lot to get things loosened up -- if I scrunched this much with another gel, I'd lose definition.

I have the Liquid Effects en route to me as we speak, and I'm eager to see how that measures up -- I get the sense it may be similar.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
Liquid Effects is pretty runny - it has a consistency similar to B&A gel.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I used the curl cream which left me frizzy. Does the gel do that too? I assume it doesn't or y'all wouldn't rave about it. LOL
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My Faves:
CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
Forever missing Rachel
born still 9-19-09
RAINBOW baby Olivia born 10-8-10
My little curly cutie:

Originally Posted by Katina128
Pretty much everything leaves me frizzy (seriously) but this gel has been quite remarkable for me because I get no frizz with it. So far, anyway. I'm still in the testing phase but right now, I am delighted that my curls are still defined when I get home from work. Pretty cool.

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
That is great to hear!! I'll pick some up tomorrow. I sold off the curl cream, but am willing to give this a try. I get frizz easily in this east tennessee humidity.
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My Faves:
CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
Forever missing Rachel
born still 9-19-09
RAINBOW baby Olivia born 10-8-10
My little curly cutie:

I used this gel for the first time today and I am very impressed with it! I even put some photos in my Fotki of this good hair day!
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Your hair looks great! I have pulled this gel out to use today!

Why, thank you, xcptnl! I don't want to speak too soon (like I did about the Lots of Curls!), but I'm really starting to think this might be my HG gel. And it's inexpensive. How cool is that?

I hope you have a great hair day with it, too! (And yours is looking wonderful. You and kcurls made me start thinking I should try the JoiWhip....)

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I am having a good hair day with this gel. I might try the darn stinky curl cream tomorrow under it and see what happens. I have had these two products for quite some time and they keep getting pushed to the back of the line.

I just used the curl cream under the gel today, and I am loving the results. These past 3 days I've had the best, most frizzless hairdays since, well, um...it's been a reeeaaaallly long time. The curl cream doesn't smell bad to me at all-maybe because everything else I use is fairly scented...
Yay, I'm so glad more people have gotten good results with this! I think it does have a lot to do with the liquidy-type consistency. Very easy to distribute.

I am going to have to try the curl cream underneath it, but does anyone know if it has any protein in it? That's a big no-no for me...
Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
LLL Green Tea shampoo
JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
I had an gel distribution mishap dream last night you guys. Hahaha. In the dream 90% of my hair was a frizzball, and one section of about 10% had so much gel it was like a piece of hard plastic.
uh oh it's liquidy? dang it why ya'll have to say that? now I HAVE to try it!
Oy oy, ok I think this line might be carried more locally at least (crossing fingers)
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Originally Posted by Riot Crrl
And did you wake up in a cold sweat??

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
uh oh it's liquidy? dang it why ya'll have to say that? now I HAVE to try it!
Originally Posted by medusahair
I can always find it at Sallys.

Last edited by xcptnl; 04-11-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo
Originally Posted by Riot Crrl
And did you wake up in a cold sweat??
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Haha, not really. I usually have such a passive attitude in my dreams that it is humorous. I was just kind of thinking, "LOL what happened" and "When can I take a shower?"
Y'all are going to make me spend all of my money here LOL! After the raves in this thread, I decided to head over to Sally's and get Biotera gel--and the curl creme to boot. I tried it today and WOW!! I am loving the results! My hair is soft and defined, and best of all, SHINY. I've been having problems with shine lately, but today, it's nice and glossy--and not in an artificial "I put all kinds of silicone on my hair to make it shine this way" kind of glossy, but a healthy kind of glossy.

Thank you guys!!
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel

Thank you guys!!
Originally Posted by jennifermaria
Yay, another success story!

And Biotera isn't even expensive. I can't believe I waited so long to try it and instead invested in so many brands that are overpriced and didn't perform as promised.

So glad it's working for you!

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
It really is very reasonable. I still like it a lot. I'm also glad it's working out for so many people.

Now I want to try the curl creme... I'm curl creme challenged though. What is its purpose? How much do I apply?
Is the curl creme included in the Biotera 2/$8 sale at Sally's, or is that price just for gel and glaze??