Old 04-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #21

msgiblet's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

The Biotera gel is a liquidy gel, right? I don't have any of this gel (imagine that), so not sure. I seem to have a lot of luck with definition with the liquidy gels, too. I'm still having good luck with the A/G Liquid Effects -- it is really strong & crunchy and takes awhile to scrunch the crunch out if I'm not careful when applying, but so far, so good. It would be SOOO nice if I could finally have one gel that does the trick consistently.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #22

Join Date: Oct 2007

It's liquidy but not runny. More liquidy than Angell, for instance. Even a bit more liquidy than Curl Booster. I have to scrunch a lot to get things loosened up -- if I scrunched this much with another gel, I'd lose definition.

I have the Liquid Effects en route to me as we speak, and I'm eager to see how that measures up -- I get the sense it may be similar.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #23

msgiblet's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

Liquid Effects is pretty runny - it has a consistency similar to B&A gel.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #24

Katina128's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007

I used the curl cream which left me frizzy. Does the gel do that too? I assume it doesn't or y'all wouldn't rave about it. LOL
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My little curly cutie:

Katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #25

Originally Posted by Katina128 View Post
Pretty much everything leaves me frizzy (seriously) but this gel has been quite remarkable for me because I get no frizz with it. So far, anyway. I'm still in the testing phase but right now, I am delighted that my curls are still defined when I get home from work. Pretty cool.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #26

Katina128's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007

That is great to hear!! I'll pick some up tomorrow. I sold off the curl cream, but am willing to give this a try. I get frizz easily in this east tennessee humidity.
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My little curly cutie:

Katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 AM   #27

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post
I used this gel for the first time today and I am very impressed with it! I even put some photos in my Fotki of this good hair day!
Your hair looks great! I have pulled this gel out to use today!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #28

Join Date: Oct 2007

Why, thank you, xcptnl! I don't want to speak too soon (like I did about the Lots of Curls!), but I'm really starting to think this might be my HG gel. And it's inexpensive. How cool is that?

I hope you have a great hair day with it, too! (And yours is looking wonderful. You and kcurls made me start thinking I should try the JoiWhip....)

Old 04-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #29

Join Date: Oct 2005

I am having a good hair day with this gel. I might try the darn stinky curl cream tomorrow under it and see what happens. I have had these two products for quite some time and they keep getting pushed to the back of the line.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #30

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I just used the curl cream under the gel today, and I am loving the results. These past 3 days I've had the best, most frizzless hairdays since, well, um...it's been a reeeaaaallly long time. The curl cream doesn't smell bad to me at all-maybe because everything else I use is fairly scented...
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #31

jworton's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via MSN to jworton

Yay, I'm so glad more people have gotten good results with this! I think it does have a lot to do with the liquidy-type consistency. Very easy to distribute.

I am going to have to try the curl cream underneath it, but does anyone know if it has any protein in it? That's a big no-no for me...
Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
LLL Green Tea shampoo
JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
jworton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #32

Join Date: Feb 2008

I had an gel distribution mishap dream last night you guys. Hahaha. In the dream 90% of my hair was a frizzball, and one section of about 10% had so much gel it was like a piece of hard plastic.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #33

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

uh oh it's liquidy? dang it why ya'll have to say that? now I HAVE to try it!
Oy oy, ok I think this line might be carried more locally at least (crossing fingers)
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #34

Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
And did you wake up in a cold sweat??

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 AM   #35

Originally Posted by medusahair View Post
uh oh it's liquidy? dang it why ya'll have to say that? now I HAVE to try it!
I can always find it at Sallys.

Last edited by xcptnl; 04-11-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #36

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post
Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
And did you wake up in a cold sweat??
Haha, not really. I usually have such a passive attitude in my dreams that it is humorous. I was just kind of thinking, "LOL what happened" and "When can I take a shower?"
Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #37

jennifermaria's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007

Y'all are going to make me spend all of my money here LOL! After the raves in this thread, I decided to head over to Sally's and get Biotera gel--and the curl creme to boot. I tried it today and WOW!! I am loving the results! My hair is soft and defined, and best of all, SHINY. I've been having problems with shine lately, but today, it's nice and glossy--and not in an artificial "I put all kinds of silicone on my hair to make it shine this way" kind of glossy, but a healthy kind of glossy.

Thank you guys!!
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
jennifermaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #38

Originally Posted by jennifermaria View Post

Thank you guys!!
Yay, another success story!

And Biotera isn't even expensive. I can't believe I waited so long to try it and instead invested in so many brands that are overpriced and didn't perform as promised.

So glad it's working for you!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #39

Join Date: Feb 2008

It really is very reasonable. I still like it a lot. I'm also glad it's working out for so many people.

Now I want to try the curl creme... I'm curl creme challenged though. What is its purpose? How much do I apply?
Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #40

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

Is the curl creme included in the Biotera 2/$8 sale at Sally's, or is that price just for gel and glaze??
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote