Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #41

stellaBaby's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007

where can i get this gel?
Ive looked at cvs, rite aid, duane reade, and my local beauty supply store with no luck. I wanna try this so badly!!
strickly CG.

Youtuber

stellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #42

Join Date: Feb 2008

Stella I got mine at Sally's but I think that I have also seen it at Target.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #43

It's even at Amazon!

3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #44

jennifermaria's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by jlpmom23 View Post
Is the curl creme included in the Biotera 2/$8 sale at Sally's, or is that price just for gel and glaze??
It's included . I got a nice surprise when I went to pay, and I found out it was on sale, woohoo!
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
jennifermaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #45

missy60's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to missy60

Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
It really is very reasonable. I still like it a lot. I'm also glad it's working out for so many people.

Now I want to try the curl creme... I'm curl creme challenged though. What is its purpose? How much do I apply?
Im really wondering about the curl creme also what would be the benefits. I use the gel and it is my HG I just wonder if it could be better with the creme also.
missy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:26 AM   #46

Originally Posted by missy60 View Post
Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post

I am going to try the curl cream and gel today. I hope its wonderful.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:58 AM   #47

Join Date: Jul 2006

The Sally's near me did NOT have the Biotera Curl Creme on sale, only the gel!

Sherry

I liked the gel a lot, but the creme didn't seem to do anything for me.
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #48

HeatherNicole's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2005
Send a message via AIM to HeatherNicole

I can't remember if this was 2 for 8 or 2 for 10. Either way I picked this up and the conditioner (which I like but wish it was as thick as the Biolage version). This is way better than the Volumax gel for my hair.

I tried this over SheaMoisture LI and Gio Direct LI and had great coils and curls with hold that wasn't too hard or soft. This is a very versatile gel for pretty much any curly.

I'll have to try it over the creme now and see if it works better.

I find the creme moisturizing, does anyone not use a LI with the curling creme?
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn
HeatherNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #49

Join Date: Oct 2005

I typically dont use a LI when I use a curl cream because I think (I could be wrong) it might weigh me down.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #50

CurlyBrat's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2003

Originally Posted by HeatherNicole View Post

I find the creme moisturizing, does anyone not use a LI with the curling creme?
I rinse all my conditioner out, then put a pea size amount in my wet hand and run it just over the ends of my hair where I frizz the worst. Then I use HALF a pump of the curl creme and it works great.

This morning I got a little pump happy and got almost a whole pump and I'm looking a little limp and greasy It's really all about amounts with this stuff!!!
3a/b thin/fine
fotki PW: curls
updated 5/1/2010 "starting over"

Routine:
don't even HAVE a "routine" at the moment...
HG: still GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera Gel/CC
Experimentals: HE TMS Spray Gel, LOOB

Riot Crrl: "Revenge is a dish best served with a side of awesome hair."

CurlyBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #51

Join Date: Oct 2005

Today I shampoo'd and conditioned then I just squeezed the water out of the ends of my hair and added the biotera curl cream (darn I don't like the smell) then I squeezed the ends with my curlease and added the biotera gel. Did some scrunching with my hands and then with the curlease. I then diffused and it's now airdrying. Looks pretty good so far.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #52

stellaBaby's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007

hm i think remember seeing that gel at target. Im gonna have to go take a look again. Thank you girls!
strickly CG.

stellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #53

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I have to tell y'all (again!) that this combo is giving me the best, most consistent results of anything I've used lately. I have an almost full tube of Alagio, 1/3 tube of Mop-C, and partials remaining of KCCC/KCKT, not to mention my Jessicurl stuff, and this cream and gel together is what works. The gel is good w/o the cream, but with it and a touch of leave-in it's amazing!
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #54

Join Date: Feb 2008

How much of the creme do you use? Is it OK to layer the creme underneath the gel, or do you have to mix them? I don't know if I can get away with mixing, I have so many gel distribution issues already, lol.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #55

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I'm not sure what others do, but I don't mix them. I only use about half to 3/4 of a pump after just a small amount of LI-the cream is moisturizing, but my hair is like a sponge, so I use both, and this is what gives me more clumping. Then I apply about a quarter size of the gel-oh, I'm a Denman Brusher, btw, oh, the horror!-but I brush each through, and only apply another small amount of gel at the end by smoothing/scrunching...I never thought of mixing gel/cream though...maybe on a non-humid Florida day...yeah, right!
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #56

kola626's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to kola626 Send a message via Yahoo to kola626 Send a message via Skype™ to kola626
Default Sally's Sale "Biotera gel"

Hello Ladies,

I went to Sally's today to pick up the Biotera Gel that everyone was talking about, since they are on sale for 2 for $8.00 why not try it!! Well when I got there I asked the lady that worked there were was it and she pointed to a "Biotera Styling Gel" & " Biotera Styling Glaze, she said both were gel like, so since I didnt know which one you guys were raving about I got one of each She said I can return it and get the right one if it wasnt what I was looking for, ( I had to take the chance since I wanted the sale )

So curlies, which one is it?

Biotera Styling Gel or Biotera Styling Glaze
HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
Condish: Suave Color Care
Condish Method: HEHH
DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!
Love head massages
kola626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #57

Join Date: Feb 2008

Mine says, "Styling Gel Firm Hold."

Thanks Curly Girl Fla, I think I will try the creme and only use a little like you said.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #58

Join Date: Oct 2005

I used probably a dime size of the cream under the gel today. I got good curl but a bit frizzy. I am going to try a bit of leave in under both of these tomorrow. I got good volume today but I usually do on the days I shampoo.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #59

Join Date: Oct 2007

Yes, mine's the gel and not the glaze also. I've never tried the glaze. What's more, I hope I do not develop the desire to try the glaze. I have GOT to stop spending money on product....

But this creme you all speak of... It calls to me.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #60

Join Date: Oct 2007

Okay, so, I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but I cannot believe how good this gel is. I officially declare it my HG product as of today!

I've used it five times, and two of those days were tremendously windy. I came home looking okay, even -- dare I say it -- good! For me, this gel does everything I had always hoped a gel would do.

Will it do it for everyone? Probably not. But I am just so *&$# happy to have found something that works well in hot, cold, and windy weather, I just had to share my joy.

I think I may be done experimenting with products. And I find myself strangely disappointed by that prospect. What a sicko I am.