Old 04-15-2008, 05:52 AM   #61

What are you using with this gel, if anything?

I got a lot of frizzies yesterday but it was windy. So I am going to try again with the cream but with a bit of a leave in under that.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #62

What are you using with this gel, if anything?

Hee hee! Thank you, xcptnl! It's so silly to get this excited over a gel, but I was really starting to think that nothing would ever work for me.

Because my hair is weighed down so easily, I decided to try Biotera with very little else. I thought maybe it was time for the "less is more" approach (which seems instinctively right for my head). So, I condition with any of the thousands of conditioner in my inventory (in the past week, I have used Honey Hemp mostly but also AOHR and Aloeba). Then I scrunch with a Curl-Ease towel and then I spray in some Greg Juice (I wanted moisture but didn't want to use anything heavy -- this has worked nicely for me). I then scrunch in the Greg Juice, followed by a little gel. Clip and diffuse. Voila.

No creams, no leave-ins. Who knew?
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #63

Hi,

I really like the Biotera Gel. I gave the Biotera Curl Creme another chance today, and I like it! I think I didn't use enough last time. This time I used two nickel/quarter sized blobs on my shoulder length hair. I put in one blob with my head upside down and the second with my head right side up. I used the same amount of Biotera Gel before using the Curl Creme.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #64

missy60's Avatar

Send a message via Yahoo to missy60

What are you using with this gel, if anything?

No creams, no leave-ins. Who knew?
This is the way I use it now. I use to use PM on my roots but I havent been doing that lately. I need to try the Greg Juice I really havent read any reviews on it yet. What do you think are the benefits? Is it very moisturizing?
missy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #65

Join Date: Oct 2005

Jillipoo - I will try that tomorrow. Today I used some SheaM as a leavein, and I pulled out CK again - I want this to work again and I am hoping now that it is warming up it will. Then a small amount of the Biotera curl cream and then some gel over it. So far pretty good hair but I would love to use less product so I will try the Greg Juice and gel routine tomorrow. I did get better clumping today but I am not sure if it was the SheaM or the CK - I hate when I throw 2 'new' products into a routine then I have no idea what one was doing what!!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #66

Join Date: Oct 2007

Missy60: I am still testing out the Greg Juice, but the ingredients intrigued me: aloe vera juice, vegetable glycerine, and a bunch of herbs. At first I thought it was all just hokey, but it seems to act as a really light detangler/moisturizer. So on days when a leave-in might seem like more than I want to put on my hair, the Greg Juice appears to give my hair just enough slip. (Their Web site says there's an oil blend in it, but as I strain to read the teeny tiny print on the sample bottle I am using, it looks like there are "essences" certain oils, which is not quite the same thing. Somebody with better eyes or a bigger bottle might be able to chime in here with more information.)

xcptnl: Yes, using more than one new product on the same day is something I always seem to do, too! It screws up the results something fierce. (My hair would not hold up to all the products you put in your hair today. Stupid hair.)

Old 04-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #67

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post

My hair is odd like that. MsG, who has tons of hair in my book, cannot use some of the products I use and I have such thin/fine hair that always amazes me.

Missy60 I like Greg Juice too. It is light enough and does not weigh my hair down. I find it detangles really well. I dont use alot though and I usually spray it in my hand and then scrunch/rake through. I like doing it that way better than spraying because I never know where it has gone when I spray it or how much has ended up in my hair and not on the floor.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #68

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Hey, I like that! I'm going to do that tomorrow. Better control. Thanks for the tip!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #69

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post
Okay, so, I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but I cannot believe how good this gel is. I officially declare it my HG product as of today!

I've used it five times, and two of those days were tremendously windy. I came home looking okay, even -- dare I say it -- good! For me, this gel does everything I had always hoped a gel would do.

Will it do it for everyone? Probably not. But I am just so *&$# happy to have found something that works well in hot, cold, and windy weather, I just had to share my joy.

I think I may be done experimenting with products. And I find myself strangely disappointed by that prospect. What a sicko I am.
WOO HOO!! That's terrific! Finding an HG feels sooo good! I'm glad you found something that works consistently for you!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #70

missy60's Avatar

Send a message via Yahoo to missy60

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post

This is my HG product for sure. You can always experiment with conditioners and leave ins and poo if you use them. Thats what i find myself doing now I have bought several conditioners lately. I also want to try Gregg's Juice now
missy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #71

Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post
And we both found our HG gel the same week! How weird is that? (So what if they are *different* gels??) Yay us!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #72

Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post
I know -- it's great! My problem now, however, is I have more than one HG. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but how am I ever going to use anything up??!! I really have to stop buying anything else!! Today I used FX Special Effects Curl Booster Fixative gel & I forgot how much I like it. Plus, I have some stuff I've only used once (and that was a while ago) and don't even remember how they worked. I think I'm insane.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #73

Join Date: Oct 2007

We are all insane. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #74

Originally Posted by missy60 View Post

So true! Conditioners and cremes, here I come!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #75

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I've been having these awful thoughts this week, as I bring more products into the house. I'm in my mid 50's, my grandparents lived until their mid 90's--even if I live that long, I might not use up all of this stuff!

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #76

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
You and me both. I'll probably be carrying my stuff to the nursing home with me and after I die, there will be fights breaking out all up & down the hallways 'cus all the old biddys are going to want all the stuff I never finished ................ or maybe didn't even open yet. OMG.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #77

CurlyBrat's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2003

::::::THUD::::::
3a/b thin/fine
fotki PW: curls
updated 5/1/2010 "starting over"

Routine:
don't even HAVE a "routine" at the moment...
HG: still GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera Gel/CC
Experimentals: HE TMS Spray Gel, LOOB

Riot Crrl: "Revenge is a dish best served with a side of awesome hair."

CurlyBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #78

Riot Crrl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

Maybe we can all update our wills to designate them to the nc.com swap board.
Riot Crrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #79

Join Date: Aug 2006

I know there's gonna be some old curly b*!ch at the nursing home who's going to poison me just to get her paws on all my wonderful hair products............they'll never make it to the swap board -- I just know it....[SOB]

That's it!! I've got to finish my stuff up before my son has a chance to stick me in that place!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #80

jworton's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via MSN to jworton

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
I always do more then one new product also and I never know which one made the nice pretty curls, haha! I bought a bunch of different products this week and I am FORCING myself to only change one thing at a time to test

Also, CK doesn't do a whole lot for either unless I plop w/ it and let it sit for a while. Then I add my other products and I usually come out w/ really nice clumpy curls. I did try it w/ some heat also once (soft bonnet attached to dryer) and it looked AWESOME, I just don't have time to do that every morning!
Fine, 3b, protein sensitive