Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

I am happy for you jillipoo - I really am!!

What are you using with this gel, if anything?

I got a lot of frizzies yesterday but it was windy. So I am going to try again with the cream but with a bit of a leave in under that.
Originally Posted by xcptnl
Hee hee! Thank you, xcptnl! It's so silly to get this excited over a gel, but I was really starting to think that nothing would ever work for me.

Because my hair is weighed down so easily, I decided to try Biotera with very little else. I thought maybe it was time for the "less is more" approach (which seems instinctively right for my head). So, I condition with any of the thousands of conditioner in my inventory (in the past week, I have used Honey Hemp mostly but also AOHR and Aloeba). Then I scrunch with a Curl-Ease towel and then I spray in some Greg Juice (I wanted moisture but didn't want to use anything heavy -- this has worked nicely for me). I then scrunch in the Greg Juice, followed by a little gel. Clip and diffuse. Voila.

No creams, no leave-ins. Who knew?
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Update 6:54 p.m...... I should have used a leave-in or left more conditioner in my hair. Just the Greg Juice under Biotera was not enough today! It was on the cold side, which means I should have used more oil/moisture. Not good curls today.

Just wanted you to know, xcptnl, in case you were going to try this combo tomorrow!
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
We are all insane. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!
Originally Posted by jillipoo
You guys are fricken hilarious!! And I think this site is making me a little delirious too! Now I want to try Biotera gel, Mop-C, Suave co-wash, CurlEase towel, and the list goes on! I'm going to be so broke! My hubby is already getting suspicious of my PJ activities. I can no longer conceal it when I'm getting pkgs everyday! Now I have to sneak to the store and use a different CC. OMG, this is total craziness.
Maybe we should start a PJ anonymous thread!

3a or 2C
Loving KCKT & KCCC!!!

pw: curlygirl

"Peace comes from within, do not seek it without..."
We are all insane. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Maybe we should start a PJ anonymous thread!
Originally Posted by live2dream88

ROTFL omgoodness, this has me cracking up because for the past two weeks i've bought at least 8 different products and im still "itching" to get more. I feel so cracked out ahahahahahahah.
strickly CG.
BCed Jan 27,07
I think my hair type is 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
My hair survives on;
Suave naturals
Herbal essences set me up gel
Amla powder
Other lovies;
[Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

Taken Feb 21,09
Blogger
Youtuber

I am happy for you jillipoo - I really am!!

What are you using with this gel, if anything?

Originally Posted by xcptnl

No creams, no leave-ins. Who knew?

Originally Posted by jillipoo
Thanks jillipoo - I was going to but I got excited about CK (see my other post) and I wanted to try my products I used yesterday but without the biotera curl cream(I am thinking that is what is giving me frizz). So today - lowpoo/cond and the CK and Biotera gel. So far - muuuuch better. I am not upset over the biotera curl cream as you all know - I HATED the smell so it does not break my heart it is not working.

Oh good! Glad you took a different (and more successful) path.

I deviated severely from normal today (cuz I'm working from home). Slept in Too Shea, rinsed out most, applied Oyin's Shine and Define curl creme, and am using no gel at all. I will probably regret that but what is life without hair experimentation?

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
Gave in to my PJ-ness and bought the Biotera curl creme and have been using it for about 3 days w/ the gel - talk about springy curls! I love it! And unlike some (most) of you, I totally love the smell. Not sure why - it reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on, but obviously something good, hehe
Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
LLL Green Tea shampoo
JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
Originally Posted by jworton
Oh all right! Stop all this temptation, you people! I will buy the creme. Probably today. Because now I'm also curious about the smell....

Originally Posted by msgiblet
Unequivocably crappy, thank you. What was I thinking, trying to get away with using no gel??

Originally Posted by jworton
I am glad its working for you. I love the gel - the cream...not so much and I like creams.

Originally Posted by jillipoo
Whatever you were thinking, I must have been thinking the same thing. Today I decided to comb the AG Liquid Effects through my hair after I had plopped. Not only that, but for some unGodly reason, before the gel I decided to comb a cream serum (yes, FULL of cones!) through. And before all of that, I had already combed conditioner through in the shower. Guess who has stringy hair today?

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

So I dug up my old bottle of Bioterra gel today and used it with the curling cream. This is completely different from how I remember it. The last time I used it (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) it had seemed really drying and sticky so I chucked it to the back of the PJ stash. Today my hair is exactly the way everyone else is describing-- defined and soft and natural. SO glad I gave it another shot!

This makes me think my past failure with this product was the combination of everything else I was using at the time. Yay!
Mid-back length 3a, red.
Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. At least I'm home, where nobody can see me.

But we have to remember that it's wild combinations like that that sometimes actually work! But man, when they don't, it's so depressing.

But why do I suspect that your worst hair day is like one of my good ones??

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I traded the cream I had b/c it frizzed my hair really badly, but I bought the gel on monday and I love it!!! It's amazing! It's by far the best gel I've tried. I use it over GF curl and shine leave in, and fx special effects fixative gel. It worked great!
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My Faves:
CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
Forever missing Rachel
born still 9-19-09
RAINBOW baby Olivia born 10-8-10
My little curly cutie:

Originally Posted by msgiblet
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. At least I'm home, where nobody can see me.

But why do I suspect that your worst hair day is like one of my good ones??
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Trust me, my bad hair days are BAD. I just don't post pics.

Originally Posted by Katina128
So, you're using two gels? I have read about some other curlies doing that, but I've never had the guts. What are the benefits, would you say? More hold? Better definition?

Glad you like the Biotera!

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
The FX gel is more like a curl cream on my hair. That's the only reason I used it with the biotera gel.
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My Faves:
CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
Forever missing Rachel
born still 9-19-09
RAINBOW baby Olivia born 10-8-10
My little curly cutie:

The FX gel is one of my favorites -- it is more of a cream gel.

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

Today, I was using the Mop C Curl Enhancing Creme under the bioterra gel. I wasn't getting the curl definition I get from recoil, pink boots or PM roundtrip--so I added just a little HETT. It seemed to do the trick. Hair feels a little more "producty," but it made it better. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

I'm really getting the hang of the Biotera Creme, and I like the results I get from the FX gel, but I agree it is more of a creamy gel... I wonder if I'd have success with the Biotera Gel?

It appears from reading thru here that it's a fairly light gel with great hold... I think I might hit Sally's tomorrow!!!

I'm seriously gonna have to lock up my PJ!
3a/b thin/fine
fotki PW: curls
updated 5/1/2010 "starting over"

Routine:
don't even HAVE a "routine" at the moment...
HG: still GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera Gel/CC
Experimentals: HE TMS Spray Gel, LOOB

Riot Crrl: "Revenge is a dish best served with a side of awesome hair."