Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

So you guys made me rush right out and get the Biotera cream and gel....THANK YOU!

Finally, something that works for me! After I get out of the shower, I use my tshirt to get a little bit of the water out of my hair. Then I rake 1 pump of the cream through. Then I use some of the gel - about a half dollar size. Then I diffuse. When I get ready to scrunch out the crunch, I use about 3/4 of a pump of cream to scrunch with.

Loving this routine! I'm going to get all of my other products together and put them on the swap board!

Originally Posted by back2curls
Wow! That's great! It is so much fun to see how many people are loving Biotera!

Even though I love this gel (haven't yet tried the cream), you might wanna wait another week or so before you get rid of your other products. I only say that because many is the time I have prematurely swapped or sold something that I later thought of another way to use or wanted to try one more time.

I also seem to have to try something for at least three days before I can come to a verdict (although if it's hideous after two tries, I generally don't give it a third).

I don't mean to preach -- I would just hate to see you get rid of stuff that you might want to dabble with again at some later date.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I completely agree with you. I bought it on Monday, so I've used it Monday-Thursday so far, because of course I had to run right home Monday after work and shower just so that I could use it!

I'm planning on waiting until the middle of next week to swap. I've been using Deva products and they were okay, but Biotera is working fantasically and I bought 2 bottles of gel and 2 bottles of cream for the same price as one bottle of a Deva product.

Still wish I could use something super cheap, like the LA Looks gel for $3 a bottle, but *sigh* I can't. It would be a lot better on my pocketbook!

Originally Posted by back2curls
I have been kicking myself for more than a week now, wondering why the heck I didn't buy this way before I did. Yes, I agree that $3 a bottle would be nice, but hey, my bottle of Biotera gel was less than $5, so really, I'm not complaining.

Is the creme cheap too?
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I bought the cream 2 for $10 and the gel 2 for $8. The cream comes in a small bottle with a pump, but you need such a tiny amount I have a feeling it will last awhile.
*~*Carmen*~*
What's the curl cream like? Can you compare it to any of the "popular" ones--recoil, Mop C, etc. I really like the gel, but have been curbing the PJ.
TIA

TIA
Originally Posted by kathymack
I can't sorry...I just went back to being curly at the beginning of this year so I haven't tried a lot of the expensive brands yet...I can't really compare it to a drugstore brand either though. It's completely different than anything I've ever used...In a good way.
*~*Carmen*~*
I think it's supposed to mimic the Matrix Biolage products. I actually like the Bioterra gel better -- the matrix gets sticky on me -- go figure!!!
Ok you guys bought my cream and gel today, I am going to try it tomorrow, will let you know how it goes...
3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
P/Wmarissa
Good luck Keewee!

I too find it fun to see how many people like this. I know I do.

Still haven't tried the creme yet though. I gotta admit, I don't really "get" creme. I've always been strictly leave-in + gel, pretty much.

Since the whole curly thing, anyway. Before I used to use all kinds of spray on and pump on cones.
Ugh, I am SOOOOOOO weak. I was purposely staying off this thread, I *really* don't need more products. But, I had to run an errand today, and found myself right next door to Sally's. Then Biotera popped into my head, and I couldn't resist the lure, so I went in and bought the creme and gel.

Of course, I totally can't wait to use tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Alright, now I am getting sucked in too. Which one do you (as in y'all) buy? I could swear when I looked at this gel ages ago it was not CG. I am clearly wrong.
Goodness, you guys are gonna make me go out and get this too, I can just tell!
This and moisture maniac are on my (neverending) list....
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
Originally Posted by jojob

That might be because there are two ingredients in it that end in "-one" (at least on the bottle I have) but neither actually has any silicone. (it just so happens that the name they were given ends in -one)
So today I went to Sally's on my way home and bought the Biotera Gel (I already use the curl creme as more of a leave in/detangler after showering). I can't wait to try it!!!!

I also bought the Cream of Nature shampoo in the tan bottle with the red writing ... it says regular formula for normal hair.

And I picked up their Generic Knock off of Biolage Conditioning Balm... gonna have to look in here further to see if that is actually CG, I'm an ingredient retard.. LOL

I shall post when I get to use it.... which will be tomorrow!!!
3a/b thin/fine
fotki PW: curls
updated 5/1/2010 "starting over"

Routine:
don't even HAVE a "routine" at the moment...
HG: still GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera Gel/CC
Experimentals: HE TMS Spray Gel, LOOB

Riot Crrl: "Revenge is a dish best served with a side of awesome hair."

Yay! I hope all of you guys have as much luck with the Bioterra as I am.
*~*Carmen*~*
I like the gel but the cream is out of the picture. Besides the smell (which really annoys me for some reason) the two days I used the cream under the gel - I got frizzies and I normally dont get frizzies. I think if I liked the smell I would try to work with this but nahhhhhhh!

These are the best products I've ever used in my hair and I'm so glad so many other people are having success w/ them too! I took a break for two days while trying out the Alagio curl enhancing balm, but was pretty disappointed by it (good curl formation, but felt very producty and was yucky frizzy mess by end of night), so went back to Biotera creme and gel today and YES!! Back to bouncy beautiful curls!! And the best part for me is that it lasts allllll day - most days I get up at 5am and it is still lookin' good when I go to bed at 10pm
Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
LLL Green Tea shampoo
JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
I love that the Biotera products don't feel "producty." I hardly feel like I have anything in my hair and I'm getting bouncy curls like I had before I started straightening. And unlike a few other people, I've found that the creme gets rid of the frizzies that I usually have. So funny how the same product works so differently for different people.

Yay for everyone who is having good luck!
*~*Carmen*~*
Can anybody post the ingredients to the gel and curl creme? I can't seem to find them online, and there's not a Sally's close enough for me to "stop by" unless it's something I definitely know I want.

Thanks bunches ladies!
4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!