Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

I accidentally found a Sally's right next to my bird food store...must be new. I immediately thought of the bioterra raves on here. However, I was with my kids, and they would have been grumbling. Does there happen to be a leave-in that goes with the cream and the gel? And, what does the cream smell like?
Can anybody post the ingredients to the gel and curl creme? I can't seem to find them online, and there's not a Sally's close enough for me to "stop by" unless it's something I definitely know I want.

Thanks bunches ladies!
Originally Posted by preciousjewel76
GEL:

Water, polyquaternium 4, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, arnica montana flower extract, PPG-5-ceteth-20, cetrimonium chloride, glycerin, citric acid, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hydroxyethylcellulose, propylene glycol, tetrasodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisotheazolinone, DMDM hydantoin, alpha-isomethyl ionone, coumarin, limonene, linalool, fragrance.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
Granted, it could've been the disgusting crap I used to DT with, but as of now, I'm going to say the creme is a no go. It left my hair really undefined and the scent- although lovely- is way too strong and my sinuses voted no. I'm going to wash and DT again tonight with my Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm (love that stuff).

So far, the combination that seems to be doing well with this gel is Giovanni direct LI mixed with a little SheaMoisture, and the gel on top. I might have to try letting the leave ins absorb a little more to avoid walking around with that whitish goop wetness film in the future.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this gel!!!!!

OMG... I tried it this morning... with all the other new stuff I bought, who was I kidding thinking I could just try one at a time, sheesh.

I washed with CON shampoo, conditioned with my Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm (which I like, but it's gonna have to be a DT, it's still too thick for my hair.. but it does feel really nice!) then did my usual 1/2 pump of the curl creme as my detangler/leave in.. then used about a quarter size blob of the gel.. and I was running late, so I actually blow-dried until I was totally dry and NO FRIZZ!!!

I did have a little bit of crunch, but it didn't matter... I kind of enjoy scrunching anyway... I do it all thru the day, can't keep my hands out of it.

Once I scrunched... I can't believe how light and bouncy my curls are! They're so springy!! Now, they're not as tight as they are on days when I just diffuse or air dry, but that's because I just used the regular hair dryer until it was about 70% dry on med heat/low speed... Normally that would = HORRIBLE hair day, but NO! It looks great! Boingy as my coworkers have said today.

LOVE this gel... LOVE the cream (even tho it smells like old lady lotion)... this is def looking like my HOLY GRAIL combo!

My DH races tonight, so it will be the ultimate test... sitting at the racetrack in 85% humidity and hot weather in the wind in the pits at an asphalt track... if I don't look like Fido's crack when I get home, this stuff will be named liquid GOLD!
3a/b thin/fine
fotki PW: curls
updated 5/1/2010 "starting over"

Routine:
don't even HAVE a "routine" at the moment...
HG: still GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera Gel/CC
Experimentals: HE TMS Spray Gel, LOOB

Riot Crrl: "Revenge is a dish best served with a side of awesome hair."

GEL:

Originally Posted by jillipoo
Thanks, jillipoo! I swear, I'm such a gel junkie. Even though I have one that works (Fantasia IC Olive Styling Gel), I still like to experiment. And hey, Sally's products are cheap and you can return 'em....HeatherNicole is making me wonder about that curl creme, though. Sounds like the smell might be a deal breaker.
4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
OH WOW!!!!!!! I think I am madly in LOVE with this creme and gel combo. I could almost go into my bathroom right this minute and make a clean sweep of every other styling product I own!

I washed w/ CoN and conditioned w/ Tigi MM and then rinsed all the way out. Then I worked a pea sized amount of the creme through my hair. (I have a bad history w/ cremes, so I didn't want to go crazy.) Then I scrunched dry a bit w/ a t-shirt and applied the gel by scrunching it in while bending forward at the waist. Then I plopped in a turbie twist while I got dressed.

After I got dressed, I let my hair down and put a few clips in my roots Shellynot style and airdryed for about 25 min. before diffusing.

End result: fabulous, bouncy, FRIZZ FREE curls! The best part is my hair feels really clean, not producty in the least.

I dare say I am hoping for the ever elusive second day hair tomorrow, something I can NEVER achieve, but maybe this will be the combo that gets me there!!

Also, I think the gel smells fab!! To me, the creme smells almost exactly the same as the gel. Maybe it's just me? Although, w/ these results, it could smell like raw sewage, and I'd probably still use it!

If anyone is wavering about this, just go for it! Awesome investment for under $10!

Originally Posted by jlpmom23
I love the smell too...I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I love it! And I got my first ever second day hair today! Woohoo! I love it so much that I did do a clean sweep and sold my whole lot of other products on the swap board last night. I said I was going to wait another week, but who am I kidding, I'm in love!
*~*Carmen*~*
Still loving this combo! It is definitely my current HG .

Today, I got the best results I've gotten yet with this combo. I washed with Jessicurl GLS (which I do every other day), combed in a generous amount of GF Length & Strength conditioner (amodimethicone is the only 'cone my hair can tolerate, and in fact, my hair LOVES it), then raked in the Biotera creme with my fingers, scrunched in the Biotera gel, scrunched with a t-shirt, then scrunched in some more gel, then plopped.

When I took off the t-shirt, I got defined, shiny, bouncy curls that held up ALL DAY. Love it!!

I'd been using a microfiber towel for a while now and used a t-shirt today just to experiment--I think that made the difference. Even with the microfiber towel, it looks fine, but today it was up a notch. I'm definitely going to be using that from here on out!
2A or 3A, depending on the day...
Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
Y'all are making me want to run out and get this stuff NOW! Seriously, I will be getting it and will report back once I try it!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
I gotta try this too! I wish they sold it more places though. Sallys is quite a drive away. I checked at Target and they didn't have it.

3a or 2C
Loving KCKT & KCCC!!!

pw: curlygirl

"Peace comes from within, do not seek it without..."
Add me to the list of believers. I used the Curling Creme under the Gel, and I had darn near perfect curls. My hair had been crappy for the last few weeks, and I switched up my routine a bit and decided to give them a try. And Sally's does have a special going on. The Creme was only 5 bucks, and I got the gel(w/25% more) for 5.79.

And might I add that I can use the creme alone(w/o a leave in underneath) and have great curls. Used it today(it's in the 80's right now), and I'm having a GREAT hair day. Very happy so far. Hopefully I'll feel the same after a couple of weeks.
A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee!

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area

Originally Posted by eccentric_kurlz
I'm so glad you mentioned using the creme alone! I was wondering about using it by itself! I can't wait to try it! Glad you are having a good hair day and hope it continues too!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
One thing that's really impressed me about this combo (I've been scared to try either by itself, lest I mess with this seemingly perfect combo!) is that my hair curls at my roots! That's NEVER happened to me before! My curls usually start 2 inches below my roots and are very loose. Since I've been using the creme and gel, I've had amazingly defined, springy curls. I get lots of shrinkage with this--which I consider a good thing (except for the fact that I've been trying to grow my hair now for the last 8 months and all of a sudden it looks as though I cut my hair LOL).
Originally Posted by jennifermaria
Wow, this sounds like it's totally working for you. Do you normally have good luck with curl cremes? Or do you usually find them too heavy? I can only seem to use curl cremes in really cold weather but if this Biotera creme is light enough, I might give it a go. (When you said you're getting curls close to the root, you got my attention! I never get them there!)
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
You all have me convinced. I've been using the gel for almost two weeks. I was a good girl and passed up the curl creme the last two times I was at Sally's--it was in my hand and I put it back (what restraint!) I just sprayed a few "refreshers" in my hair. Not trying to get 2nd day hair, just good enough to go to Sally's and buy the curl creme, so I can come home and try it! I think my PJ needs to be spanked for being a bad girl. Have to go online to find out what time Sally's opens on Sunday.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
OMG I've got second day hair! I've never gotten second day hair! Seriously, I am a believer. I hope they don't discontinue either of these products...
Hi jillipoo,

I have a love-hate relationship with creams. I can't seem to ever use them alone (my hair needs lots of hold), and how well they work with layering depends entirely on what I layer them with (sometimes they'll work brilliantly; other times they don't seem to do anything for my hair--or worse, weigh it down or make it greasy). Also frustrating is that when I stumble upon a good cream, they either stop working or discontinued, or both. I've used Boots (stopped working), GF Curl & Shine Leave-in (discontinued), LOOB (stopped working), Recoil (stopped working), and MOP-C (still working, but not as well as Biotera!).

I should probably give this a few more weeks to see if the good results hold up, and I should also see if it's versatile enough to work even with a change of season, but for now I'm a believer . Again, I don't know if it's the cream that's making the difference or the gel or the way both is interacting with my GF Length & Strength conditioner (or the fact that I used a t-shirt to plop vs. a microfiber towel), but now I'm scared to do anything differently LOL!
2A or 3A, depending on the day...

Last edited by jennifermaria; 04-20-2008 at 10:07 AM.
So I broke down and ordered the Biotera gel and some SheaM on the internet. Nice cause I found them on the same site so I could buy them together. Hopefully this will be a good combo with my other products and I won't have to try the Biotera cream too! Well I'll let you know how it goes!

3a or 2C
Loving KCKT & KCCC!!!

pw: curlygirl

"Peace comes from within, do not seek it without..."
I was at Sally's five minutes after they opened this morning, because of the curls near the roots comment. My first attempt with Pink Boots gave me curls closer to the roots. My hair is still drying. The only change I made to my routine of the last few days is the Bioterra curl creme. My hair is shrinking! And to us 3As, that's a good thing! I'm getting little spirals right next to my part. Much more curl than with Boots, or recoil near the roots.(I tried to take a picture, but it looked weird.) As of this moment, I have no frizz. Since it's on sale, it's a great $5 investment.

Oh for Pete's sake! When I first started reading this thread I figured I was safe because there isn't a Sally Beauty Supply in the dinky mountain town I live in, so I wouldn't be tempted to run out and buy the Biotera gel. However, I have to go down the hill tomorrow to take my truck in for a service and there just happens to be a Sally's in that larger town. I called them and they have the gel (but are out of the curling creme). So, I am going to pull a lemming and get some of the gel. I just can't resist after reading all of these great reviews!
Shoulder-length light brown 3a/3b with more than a few rebel silvers.