-   -   Bioterra gel - believe the hype! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/42424-bioterra-gel-believe-hype.html)

jworton 04-03-2008 11:20 AM

Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

This was recommended to me by a few curlies here - I was a little skeptical because I have NEVER been able to make a gel work w/ my hair, but wow!! I LOVE this stuff! I mixed it in w/ my regular routine (which has been totally failing me as of late because I am way overdue for a trim), so here's what I did:

-CK in shower after hand squeezing a bit of water out
-My own version of plopping w/ t-shirt for 5 min.
-Jessi Curl Confident Coils
-Tiny bit of Pantene curl scrunching mousse
-Bioterra gel
-Plop again for 10-15 min
-Un-plop and scrunched in a bit more Bioterra where I normally frizz

And voila! I have soft, piecy, bouncy curls and NO frizz! :toothy7:

shellynot 04-03-2008 11:27 AM

yay! i love this stuff too, its the best gel i've tried :)

Riot Crrl 04-03-2008 01:22 PM

Rock on! I like it too.

jworton 04-05-2008 02:50 PM

Update -

Going on 3 days of awesome hair - and it lasts ALL day. This just might be my HG...

:occasion9:

Brown_Eyed_Girl 04-05-2008 02:52 PM

Me too! And Biotera is 2 for $8 at Sally's right now.

myCelia 04-05-2008 03:38 PM

Wish it would have worked for me. I tried it once and it flattened my waves. :( It did leave my hair soft and frizz-free though. Of course, it was all I used so maybe I need to start experimenting with combining styling products.

Riot Crrl 04-05-2008 03:43 PM

MyCelia I see in your sig you don't like glycerin, it is less than halfway down the list in this.

I'm surprised about the flattening thing though. Did you try to air-dry with it? I only used it with diffusing, and seems to hold up whatever shape the diffuser tells it to.

myCelia 04-05-2008 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Riot Crrl (Post 542935)

Riot Crrl,

The Biotera styling gel was one of my early clues to start avoiding glycerine and the Biotera leave-in, to start avoiding proteins. :( The day I used the styling gel, I did air-dry so maybe that was a contributing factor. I pixie-diffuse now.

Riot Crrl 04-05-2008 04:17 PM

Are you in a humid or dry climate? Glycerin in my opinion is a very humidity-sensitive ingredient.

If you still have it lying around and you happen to get a day that's not too dry but not actually raining either, you might want to give it another try with diffusing.

myCelia 04-05-2008 04:47 PM

:lol: Yep, along with a dozen other products. Wish I could remember what the weather was like that day. In Northern Virginia, it's usually very humid late spring through summer. Thank goodness for the Frizz Forecast!

Kitara 04-06-2008 10:33 AM

Other than Sally's, do you know where else might you be able to buy this?

jillipoo 04-06-2008 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kitara (Post 543403)
Other than Sally's, do you know where else might you be able to buy this?

They have it here:

Kitara 04-06-2008 11:39 AM

Thanks!

Riot Crrl 04-06-2008 11:57 AM

I think I've seen it at Target.

Notinabottle 04-06-2008 12:08 PM

::delurking::

I always have this gel on hand, I don't use it alone though. My hair lacks moisture no matter what i do and it's thick so the gel alone almost has enough hold, but not quite. I mix it with L.A.looks durahold which thins that gel out and makes it easier to distribute. With that routine it's definately a HG for me.

jillipoo 04-07-2008 09:21 PM

I used this gel for the first time today and I am very impressed with it! I even put some photos in my Fotki of this good hair day!

curlygirlyme 04-07-2008 11:34 PM

Is there protein in the curl cream? I swear I didn't see any... maybe that's why my hair looks so crappy. Off to take another look :wave:

Curly Girl Fla 04-08-2008 05:21 AM

Wow-I used this gel a few times now-yes, I know it's not enough to establish consistency in performance-and I love it! But, what I like even better is using the Biotera Curl Cream underneath it today. I hope this keeps working, because this morning I got better results than when I used KKCK/KKKT combo and Mop-C Curl Cream. It's so darned much cheaper to boot. My hair is light and bouncy, very curly, but I think I may need more cream or additional leave-in since I like a heavier, more clumped look. Will the experimenting ever end???? Much thanks to jworton-this thread prompted me to purchase:blob7:

msgiblet 04-08-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jillipoo (Post 544873)

Your hair looks wonderful!!

jillipoo 04-08-2008 11:12 AM

Aw, thank you, MsG! The photos aren't that good -- my hair actually looked better than in the pictures. This Biotera gel is defining my curls like nothing I've ever used before!