Bioterra gel - believe the hype!

This was recommended to me by a few curlies here - I was a little skeptical because I have NEVER been able to make a gel work w/ my hair, but wow!! I LOVE this stuff! I mixed it in w/ my regular routine (which has been totally failing me as of late because I am way overdue for a trim), so here's what I did:

-CK in shower after hand squeezing a bit of water out
-My own version of plopping w/ t-shirt for 5 min.
-Jessi Curl Confident Coils
-Tiny bit of Pantene curl scrunching mousse
-Bioterra gel
-Plop again for 10-15 min
-Un-plop and scrunched in a bit more Bioterra where I normally frizz

And voila! I have soft, piecy, bouncy curls and NO frizz!
Curlsnswirls likes this.
Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
LLL Green Tea shampoo
JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
yay! i love this stuff too, its the best gel i've tried
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Update -

Going on 3 days of awesome hair - and it lasts ALL day. This just might be my HG...

Fine, 3b, protein sensitive

What I like
LLL Green Tea shampoo
JC CCSS, Biotera gel, HETT mousse, GF curl shaping spray gel
Wish it would have worked for me. I tried it once and it flattened my waves. It did leave my hair soft and frizz-free though. Of course, it was all I used so maybe I need to start experimenting with combining styling products.
What's working: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo roots only EOD, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm; style with Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control, and the AMAZING KCCC!
2'ish, fine/medium ii, non-porous hair.
MyCelia I see in your sig you don't like glycerin, it is less than halfway down the list in this.

I'm surprised about the flattening thing though. Did you try to air-dry with it? I only used it with diffusing, and seems to hold up whatever shape the diffuser tells it to.

Originally Posted by Riot Crrl
Riot Crrl,

The Biotera styling gel was one of my early clues to start avoiding glycerine and the Biotera leave-in, to start avoiding proteins. The day I used the styling gel, I did air-dry so maybe that was a contributing factor. I pixie-diffuse now.
2'ish, fine/medium ii, non-porous hair.
Are you in a humid or dry climate? Glycerin in my opinion is a very humidity-sensitive ingredient.

If you still have it lying around and you happen to get a day that's not too dry but not actually raining either, you might want to give it another try with diffusing.
Yep, along with a dozen other products. Wish I could remember what the weather was like that day. In Northern Virginia, it's usually very humid late spring through summer. Thank goodness for the Frizz Forecast!
2'ish, fine/medium ii, non-porous hair.
Other than Sally's, do you know where else might you be able to buy this?
Other than Sally's, do you know where else might you be able to buy this?
Originally Posted by Kitara
They have it here:
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

::delurking::

I always have this gel on hand, I don't use it alone though. My hair lacks moisture no matter what i do and it's thick so the gel alone almost has enough hold, but not quite. I mix it with L.A.looks durahold which thins that gel out and makes it easier to distribute. With that routine it's definately a HG for me.
3a/b Thick, dry, in need of a haircut.
HG's: Giovannia Smooth as Silk Conditioner and Aura Hypoallergenic Gel.

Whee a fotki!http://public.fotki.com/Notinabottle/
I used this gel for the first time today and I am very impressed with it! I even put some photos in my Fotki of this good hair day!

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
Is there protein in the curl cream? I swear I didn't see any... maybe that's why my hair looks so crappy. Off to take another look
Wow-I used this gel a few times now-yes, I know it's not enough to establish consistency in performance-and I love it! But, what I like even better is using the Biotera Curl Cream underneath it today. I hope this keeps working, because this morning I got better results than when I used KKCK/KKKT combo and Mop-C Curl Cream. It's so darned much cheaper to boot. My hair is light and bouncy, very curly, but I think I may need more cream or additional leave-in since I like a heavier, more clumped look. Will the experimenting ever end???? Much thanks to jworton-this thread prompted me to purchase
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Your hair looks wonderful!!
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

Aw, thank you, MsG! The photos aren't that good -- my hair actually looked better than in the pictures. This Biotera gel is defining my curls like nothing I've ever used before!