Karen's Body Beautiful

A friend of mine introduced me to Karen's Body Beautiful here in Brooklyn, NY (Fort Green to be exact). I tried their stuff and was hooked. Everything is made on site....so much so my friend went in looking for a body lotion and they were out. They cooked up a batch for her right on the spot. Needless to say, I had to pick up some of their hair products. They have different scents and unscented as well.

Ok, I've only been posting for a few days, but I realize you post ingredients, so here goes:

Conditioning Shampoo:
Purified Water, Saponified Coconut & Safflower Oils, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Echinacea, Nettle, Horsetail & Silk Protein, Panthenol, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils

Herbal Shampoo:
Purifed Water, Saponified Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Peppermint, Yucca, Horsetail,Nettle and Melissa Extracts, Silk Protein, Panthenol, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils

Conditioning Conditioner:
Purified Water, Jojoba Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Wax, Aloe Vera, Echinacea, Nettle, Horsetail & Silk Protein, Panthenol, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils
  • Herbal Conditioner:
  • Purifed Water, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Wax, Aloe Vera, Peppermint, Yucca, Horsetail, Nettle and Melissa Extracts, Silk Protein, Panthenol, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils
Are they moisturizing? Have you tried the hair butter?
I'm a fan as well! So far I've tried the hairmilk and hairbutter. I also have the hair oil and haircreme, but haven't had a chance to try these yet.
I really like that you can choose your scent for all of her products, there are so many scents to choose from. Though I must say, the scent always turns out different than what I expect it to be.

I really love the hairmilk, it's moisturizing, yet very light. I use it instead of a leave-in and use a gel on top. Sometimes I put in a bit of sweet almond oil after the hair milk, to lock in the moisture. I did this yesterday and had a great hairday.

I've only used the hairbutter twice, I use a tiny bit after my hair is dry to scrunch out the crunch, I was quite pleased with the results. I cannot compare it with the JC N&S, cause I've never tried this one.
I love, love, love the hair milk. I use it as a rinse out. (I rinse for about 5 - 10 seconds.) I don't need to use a leave in. My hair is so soft and shiny with nice big chunky spirals, waves & curls. I have tried the hair butter. It is a little too heavy for my hair. So now, I use a tiny bit on my dry ends. That seems to work really well.

Has anyone tried the hair cream? I would like to know how to use this. As a rinse out or a leave in?
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner

Last edited by scarriecarrie; 04-22-2008 at 02:23 PM.
I posted on another hair board, but I was wondering if anyone protein sensitive use the hair milk with any success?
3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
I have only tried and really like the hair milk but was wondering about the shampoo and conditioners what are they like?
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
Originally Posted by teshon

I am protein sensitive and I have no problems with the hair milk. I usually use it a rinse out but I might try it as a leave in.
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
Carrie, I didn't know you were a PS chick. Cool, I'll have to give this one a try. I was a tad leery of the wheat germ oil and it does have a couple of extracts, but I really don't think they'll be a problem. Thanks, girl!
Originally Posted by teshon
Yep, as soon as I get protein near my hair, my ends go straight and my hair feels like straw. I can't use Elucense or Deva - instant bamboo hair.

My hair really seems to love natural stuff. My hair has become so much curlier since leaving proteins and ingredients I can't name, behind. KBB is awesome!!! I want to try her stuff for body also!
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
The shampoos and conditioners are great. I use the herbal ones. The shampoos do not strip my hair of natural oils at all and a little goes a long way. The conditioners do not weigh down my hair. I swear by the hair milk...have the lavender scent...I've gotten compliments on the way my hair smells I stay away from the the fruitier scents...just not my cup of tea. Chamomile sage and sweet pea have just enough scent without being overpowering. I've also tried the jojoba hair oil...again, depending on your hair type, a little goes a long way. Periodically, they have different things on sale in the middle of the store in big baskets so I take advantage and try stuff out that way because their stuff is good, but it can get pricey.

I've also tried the body lotions. I have sensitive skin (eczema breakouts) and was pleasantly surprised. No reactions to it. For the most part, I've concentrated on the hair products.
Originally Posted by drbey2003
Thanks, Although I shouldn't really be asking I've spent way too much money this month on hair stuff I don't need to be thinking about more! :embarrassed:

this is something I have to think on as KBB isn't available in the UK nad international shipping ain't no joke
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c

Originally Posted by drbey2003
This was the issue that I ran into with the hair butter I ordered. The scent was vanilla latte or something. It was like perfume in my hair. Wayyyy strong for my taste!
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
anyone that is protein sensitive can use the hair nectar. it has half the oil content of the hair milk and is protein free. my friend uses that instead of the milk cause the protein was making her hair a bit hard cause she was using it almost everyday.

ive used the hair cream to smooth down my crown and to refresh my hair, along with qhemet's honeybush tea gel. the cream can be used once or twice a week. anymore than that and it's too much.

i love the hair butter, shampoos and conditioners as well! you only need a little of each.

her luscious locks hair mask is great!!! i used it and my hair felt so strong afterwards!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Originally Posted by heavengirl410
Hopefully Mysteryflavored will jump in on this thread ... I think this is the brand she had spoken about. She was thinking of switching to these products from Nourish & Shine ...
Anyone know if they ship to Canada ???? .... I soooo don't need another product line in my house, but what the hell
Originally Posted by empressri
What ingredient in the hair milk is protein? I am protein sensitive and I have no problems with the hair milk.
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
For those of you that have tried these products what are your favorite scents? I have been looking for good natural hair and body products, but her long list of scents overwhelmed me! I don't live near by so I will have to chose from the unscented website!

Originally Posted by empressri
I checked out the ingredients for the Herbal shampoo and the Conditioning Conditioner and I'm thinking of adding these to my TAX REBATE product list! I'm such a junkie! I didn't see the hair nectar or mask. I'm not sure if these are available on-line. I keep forgetting that you have the luxury of living in NY where you can pick these up locally. You, New Yorkers, are so darn lucky!!!
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
Here is the list of ingredients for the hair milk:

Purified Water, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Wax, Panthenol, Extracts of Arnica Flowers, Calendula Flowers, Echinacea, Nettle, & Horsetail, Wheat Germ Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Natural Enzymes & Vitamin E

Where is the protein?? I use this all the time without any problems and my hair hates protein.
Originally Posted by Curlcrazed26
This is a really good question. It's like going to Bath and Body Works. I have to smell all the body washes and lotions to see which one I like best. If it's too sweet, then I get nauseous. I always tell friends and family not to get me perfume, lotions and shower gels on special occasions, unless I specify that I want something particular . I'm very weird that way.
Originally Posted by heavengirl410
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
I haven't tried it, but since the ingredients look identical to the N&S, I will at some point.
Location: North NJ or NYC