Old 05-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #1

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default sunsilk captivating curls cream

is it any good? i usually use bumble and bumble curl cream or mop c-curl, but i need something cheaper for the time being? does it do a good job at defining and defrizzing?

thanks!
noitsnotaperm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #2

Join Date: Jul 2007

I tried this last week...and ended up with poofball frizz. it smells nice, I had high hopes.
toothfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 AM   #3

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I know it wont work but I want it anyways because of how pretty it looks in the bottle - all swirly.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote

toothfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #5

the23rdelf's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2006

smells nice, very inexpensive, looks adorable, works "not so good" - left 3a/3b very poufy and took ages to wash out. oh well, another addition to the product graveyard!
the23rdelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #6

Boomygrrl's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

anything with cyclopentasiloxane makes my hair poof up and frizz like nobody's business!
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
Boomygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #7

Babyk005's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

I also bought this because of how pretty it looked lol....but I absolutely hated this stuff!!! Don't buy it!
Babyk005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #8

RawrSally's Avatar

Stupid Sunsilk.
I knew I shouldn't have bought it.
But seriously, it just looks so neat.

Little to no definition or hold and loads of floof. [Poof+Fluff=Floof]
RawrSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #9

Join Date: Nov 2005

Ok, I caved -- got the sunsilk de-frizz poo/dish and captivating curls creme -- tried them all this morning, started out great, but POOF there went my hair, then no definition. I used 2 pumps of the captivating curls creme (like they suggested!) and my hair looked horrible after it dried. I wanted it to work so badly because it smells yummy. I even undid all my great CG work I had done for the past week or more to try it -- does anybody use sunsilk with success? I've seen some absolutely gorgeous curls that do use it, was just hoping for an easy routine, I guess it's not meant to be. I may try it again--I must like punishment, I tell ya. I'll never learn.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #10

Rednaturalcurls's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2000

I tried it once. Absolutely nasty stuff. My hair turned into a dry poof ball. I couldn't wait to get home to wash it out.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Location:Sunny Florida
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
Rednaturalcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #11

Join Date: Nov 2005

This drives me batty -- I wonder why some curls can obviously tolerate these products, hence tolerate the -xane cone, but I can't
Old 05-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #12

msgiblet's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by hockeymomof3 View Post
They probably don't have your gorgeous curls, that's why!
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #13

Wink

Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post
Originally Posted by hockeymomof3 View Post
They probably don't have your gorgeous curls, that's why!
Aw, thanks for making me smile today! I needed that!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #14

Join Date: Jun 2008

Must say this is the worst stuff ever, except maybe pantene
IncaColaCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #15

Join Date: Jun 2004
Default Don't waste your money

I succumbed to the cool packaging & swirly effect, too...
was looking for something new, but shopping with DH who didn't want to spend an hour in the hair aisle while I read labels!

Have only used it a few times, but am ready to toss it out already. Seems like it really dries my hair out & makes it tangly, plus doesn't do a thing at all to stop the frizz... Ugh!
3a/b curls - corkscrews about 1 finger wide,
strawberry blonde and finally happy with my curly hair & freckles!
irishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #16

itsJackie's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

Ugh, it made my hair ridiculously poofy and frizzy. I was wondering why I had all these bad hair days all of a sudden after I started using it.. it's because it has that cyclopentasiloxane in it D:
itsJackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #17
ori

ori's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Default sunsilk/sedal captivating curls cream

If the Sunsilk is the same as Sedal's leave in curl cream, then I LOVE IT! It made my hair super soft and very in control. My Mother-in-law from Chile left some Sedal hair cream at my house and I tried it. After research I found out that it should be the same as Sunsilk, so I'm going to go get some and try that too. Hope it doesn't dry out my hair after using..the first use sure worked for me though!
ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #18

Join Date: Dec 2003

Originally Posted by toothfairy View Post
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post

that's why I bought it.
I like that!

I don't care if something has a -cone, -conol or -xane in it. But if it has any petroleum by-product, I decline. That stuff belongs in a vehicle or appliance moving parts. I don't mind beeswax though.

Anyhow, I had this & my hair liked it; no frizz, no undefined fluffy curls... I moved from UT to MO recently & wanted to use it because I'm trying to figure out the climate vs my hair, besides the change in seasons, so I wanted something in between gel & cream since my fine hair can't tolerate the heavy doubling of products.

I can't find it in any box or bag, nor under any car seat or trunk crevice. It didn't go with the moving co because the packers don't touch anything in a glass or plastic container (glue of any type, jelly, deodorant of any type...). It doesn't matter if it's sealed. :rolled:
lazy loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #19

dospinacoladas's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010

I've been using the Sunsilk Captivating Curls leave-in de-frizz creme for quite some time (along with the poo/dish daily) and it's worked really well! I'm a 3B and I find this stuff defines the curls well & leaves my hair soft and shiny. I live in a semi-desert area so I don't get moisture-related frizz too often, but my hair could dry out pretty easily in this environment and my stylist says it's really healthy.
dospinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #20

drenae777's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Default Wish I had read this first!

I just bought this today in a pinch, because I'm out of the last thing that I tried that doesn't work too great. Since it's summer and REALLY hot here I need a product that works great for defining my curls without the hair dryer and without crunch or frizz. I haven't put this on my hair yet - maybe I should take it back before I even try it
drenae777 is offline   Reply With Quote