Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner

I've used this a few times now. Once as a DT with heat and a few as a co-wash or rinse-out. I love what it does for my hair. It feels soft and has markedly less frizz. It has nice slip and leaves it feeling seaweedy. I also seem to get good volume, though I can't be sure that's from the condish.

In fact, I used an AO condish yesterday that left my hair incredibly frizzy, so much so that I couldn't live with it. I rewet in the sink and did a quick condition with the JCNRC. Totally fixed the frizz. I had more curl definition and shine.

My only concern? I did a quick search before posting and found it listed as a cone containing conditioner in this thread. The thread is old so I'm hoping ingredients have changed. I don't see a cone, but maybe I'm just missing something. Does it really have a cone in it?

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Extracts of: Green Tea, Sage, Rosemary, Basil, Mullein, Licorice, Thyme, and Vanilla, Certified Organic: Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid
Updated 7/13/08

I don't see any cones in there. I have a bottle of this also. I wouldn't have bought it if it had cones.
Of course, I didn't realize it had proteins in it so I haven't used it for that reason. Duh! I'm protein sensitive.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
I don't see a cone either. I hope it doesn't have any. I've been using this product for weeks. I had already used the JC shampoo when I discovered that it had sulfates in it. I will be really mad if the conditioner has a cone.
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
It really does seem pretty clear there aren't cones. It must have been a different formulation that had cones or just an error of some sort.

LoloDSM, other than having sulfates, what did you think of the shampoo? I just got some hamadi leave in with dimethicone. If I like it and use it often I might need a sulfate poo every once in a while.
Updated 7/13/08

Laurabeth confirmed this is a new formulation and the cones are gone. (Posted on the other thread I referenced earlier.) Yay! I really like this condish!

Originally Posted by iwantcurls
I liked the shampoo before I realized it had sulfates in it. It smelled good (like the other Jane Carter products) and lathered well. To be honest, though, I had bad hair for three days after I used it. I don't know if it was the shampoo or coincidence, but now I use it to wash my make-up brushes. I would send it to you, but I don't know if there is enough left in my bottle (I got the travel size) to make it worthwhile.
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
...but now I use it to wash my make-up brushes.
Originally Posted by LoloDSM
That's exactly what I've done with some of my mis-purchases! I might stick with my plan to stay moderately clear of the sulfates. I'm staying clear of cones except I really wanted to try the Hamadi shea leave-in, which has dimethicone.

Well, I tried the Hamadi poo, condish and leave-in yesterday and had nice shiny, soft, nearly straight hair. Yes, there were a few waves, but it really pulled out my curls. Don't know if it was the oils or the cone or what, but that's another post.
Updated 7/13/08

...but now I use it to wash my make-up brushes.
Originally Posted by LoloDSM

Originally Posted by iwantcurls
I double-checked this morning, and I was wrong. I have almost a full bottle (one ounce) of the shampoo. I'd be happy to send it to you if you're interested. Just PM me. I try to be generous with products I can't use in hopes of good hair karma.

Bummer about the Hamadi. I hate it when something doesn't work. I feel like I've wasted a good hair day.
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
There are no silicones on her ingredients list but after using the product, I question if it has been left out. My hair is extremely dry and feels as if I used a common conditioner that contains dimethicone.

Last edited by frau; 05-14-2015 at 04:23 AM.