Mop-C Curl Defining Cream

So ladies I have heard a lot of great things about this product, [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Biotera Curl creme and Joico. I am starting to finish what I've been using and I hear that (especially curl cremes) are great. I have 3b thin hair and I was wondering if I should try this and see what happens. There is a beauty supply place near me that sells Mop-Curl Creme and I thought I'd give it try. Any suggestions?...Also how much would I use and what else would I use with it, if i decided to buy this. Thanks ladies![/FONT]
There's a long thread about Mop C in this section. I myself am using Biotera creme. My hair is fine 3A/3B and I've found that it looks better if I just use a little bit. It's quite thick. After I put that in my hair, I apply a light coat of LA Looks sport gel over the top. I have not used the Mop C although I wanted to try it, but I thought I would try the Biotera first since it's about $12 cheaper! After some adjustments, it's working very well.
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
I tend to use Mop-C with a gel...I use Biotera's gel because it distributes through my hair much more easily than other gels I've tried. And I find that I need gel to provide the hold that curl cremes don't tend to give.

When it comes to Mop-C, a little goes a long way! You don't need to use a lot of it to get the results you want. I would say that you start with maybe a dime to a penny sized drop of it, since you say you have thin hair. And use a bit more next time if you feel that you aren't getting the desired results.
3a locks!
Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

pw: lotsofcurls

Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).
Originally Posted by jillipoo
I also have fine hair, and I LOVE the Mop-C and hated the Biotera. The Mop-C really encourages my hair to curl more (thick, clumpy curls) and has fabulous hold. I use Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee on top of it. When I used the Biotera, my hair went "wah, wah, wah" (think game show sound when someone just lost). It was droopy, soft, and barely waved.

The Mop-C is very concentrated and I've found it's better to use less rather than more. My hair is chin-length when its dry, and I use between a dime and nickel size of the Mop-C.
Loose botticelli curls and waves
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
I found that using a leave-in under the MOP C caused me to use less MOP C and it worked better. Love the stuff!
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
Originally Posted by Boomygrrl
I second that. I also use CK underneath Mop-C and don't use but a dime size. Be sure to rub your hands together to get it to emulsify...its like of like peanut butter...it gets bigger.
Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
I use SheaM under Mop-C and it works really well. I don't need to use as much Mop-C. I still use a gel over the Mop-C. I really like MGA Sculpting Gel with it as well as Mop Top.
Mop-C Curl Defining Creme is still one of my favourite products. It always makes my hair really curly.
I like the Biotera Gel and Creme as well, but the Mop-C works better for me than the Biotera. I find the Biotera Creme makes my hair almost too soft. it has nice curls, but I have to watch not to use too much of it, or it goes really limp.
Originally Posted by curls101
I hated MopC - made my hair too thick - So it would be good for you!

I love the Biotera alot! Been using it under most of my gels.

The only Joico I tried was the joiwhip - did nothing for me, my hair was dry and stringy.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Sorry for the late reply!!! I'm new here and trying CG, I read the reviews for mop curl defining gel and I said "I'm buying that!" but the problem is, I cant see what type of hair the reviewer has other than the curl type.. I have thick hair that is med texture with some random coarse (and sometimes I find little thin hairs .... ) I saw that most of the talk here is about thin hair. So what does it do to thick hair??? I saw what rudeechick said, and I hope that doesn't happen to me if I buy it.. Im just getting too excited for a product that might just fail..
2B, + other 2's. And 1 underneath.
normal elastisity, normal porosity, and medium texture with random coarse hairs, and thick hair.
I'm currently using HairOne cleansing conditioner, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, and sometimes Mark Curl and Wave defining gel. I just bought Pureology styling lotion and Paul Mitchell Round Trip. and I'm using some cheap gel.
I am currently (trying) CG, but I am doing the modified version with water soluble silicones (and occasionally ones that resist build up).
I love love love Mop C curl defining cream. It makes my hair very soft, and helps encourage my curl. I only use a dime sized blob for my whole head.
3a with some 2c thrown in
pw: cow

Currently Loving:
Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Beauticurls Leave-in

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
I was also looking at the Mop-C for curl enhancement/definition - I had their pomades when I had a pixie cut and I really loved them. Lasted forever too.

I'm currently doing a modified SuperSoaker method (applying my styling product to soaking wet hair upside down then plopping) - can you use the Mop-C with really wet hair? I'm thinking of trying it under Angel.
CG since September 2011

Co-wash: OC
Cond/Leave-in: OC
Style: MOP Curl Defining Cream, Angel, Garnier Pure Clean Gel
SOTC: MOP Glisten pomade, Aveda Humectant Pomade

Looking for: good curl definition, clumping and no frizz