Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #1

Join Date: Jun 2008
Default Has Anyone Tried Mixed Chicks Products

I'm considering trying Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner but I want to hear some opinions before I buy it.

So, has anyone tried it? Love it? Hate it?

Thanks!
Nicole.Amina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #2

midgi's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007

I tried the Leave-in Conditioner and the Shampoo.

The shampoo dried my hair out and reminded me why I switched to natural soap bars in the first place. I gave it to my relaxed-haired sister and she said it makes her hair feel really soft and moisturized so... ?

I like the leave-in conditioner though. To me it works the same as Giovanni Direct, but it's a lot thinner. It also contains Amodimethicone, but my hair seems to like that one. This is the only product I use that has a cone in it, so maybe that's why my hair is tolerant.

On my hair (and I'm 3c) it's very moisturizing and I can use it alone because it dries to a medium crunch that I can scrunch out and my curls stay nice and defined.
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
midgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #3

Join Date: May 2008

I have tried it as well. I actually tried the Mixed Chicks Leave-In back when it was fairly brand new. And, I can tell you that it was a bust!

It left my hair feeling both dry and coated at the same time. Now, it is a must that for me to continue to use a product that it have oil-control properties to it. But, this one instead of helping with frizz actually added more. And, it also has a scent to that is very noticeable, I must add.

I am a mixed-race Black female that has Type 3b naturally dry locks, and all this product did was want to wash it out of my hair as soon as I could.
"Formerly Syb"

Last edited by StepNOut; 06-20-2008 at 04:57 PM.
StepNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Jip

Jip's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2000

It now has cones. When I tried it, my hair became bone dry.
Classic Type 4A
Coarse Texture
Cone, Aloe, and Glycerin Sensitive
Recovering Product Junkie

PRE SHAMPOO TREATMENT– Coconut Oil + Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner
SHAMPOO – Sof’nFree GroHealthy Nothing But Clarifying Shampoo (Monthly)
CONDITIONER – Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner CoWash
LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Shea Butter Leave-in (Curly to Kinky)
SEALANT– Homemade Natural Butter Mix
Jip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #5

Join Date: Feb 2006

I didn't like it, when it worked i had nice bouncy hair when it didn't work which was about 80 % of the time it was dry crispy and coated feeling, oh and I Hated the smell.

If you do a search you'll find about 6700 posts on it since it always tends to be asked about so read some of them then make your mind up.
Also, if you decide to get it I think if you get it from the site directly you can get samples of it, but I'm not sure if I made that up..lol
Long thick mixed race curls, mix of 3b/3c
curlycaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #6

christy83's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default hello

if anybody have any left over and don't want it please pass it along. I will buy it from you pls.( include shipping when you pm me)
christy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #7

SandraDgroovy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

I like it, I have all three products-shampoo, deep conditoner, and leave-in. I use Mixed Chicks twice a week and rotate with Pantene Relaxed & Natural, my hair works fine with it.
SandraDgroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #8

nieceypoo's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I like the products. I use the deep conditioner in rotation, and I've used the leave-in and the shampoo...all very good, but a bit pricey.
I LOVE my curls...finally!
3b

Shampoo Bars
nieceypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #9

Join Date: Aug 2008

I realize that it's been a while since someone has responded to this thread, but...I like the leave-in very much. Nicole.Amina, how has it worked for you?
Greatcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #10

Join Date: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by Greatcurls View Post
I actually tried the leave in recently and I liked it too. In fact I just ordered a full bottle today. I got a sample from, of all places the CurlMart, and I really like it, so far. I only hope that it keeps on working.
lovemycurlz is offline   Reply With Quote