All Aubrey Organics Conditioners

Bought AOHR shampoo and condish a couple months ago and been using it occasionally. Both are "okay", no big complaints, but not something I will probably repurchase. Same feeling I'm having about the Curls brand products I bought around the same time.
Curl Pattern:2b Texture: medium
Porosity: med to high Density: med Elasticity: normal
Lowpoo: (2x/wk) Shea moisture retention/ Mop C
Cowash: Mop C/ AHRC
Deep cond: Darcy's pumpkin seed condish/ SS deep
Leave in: CJ curl assurance condish
Stylers: SS CEJ, CJ Aloe Fix Lite
Hair hates: JC rockin' ringlets/CJ CIAB/AG recoil
Hair loves: super soaking/ protein/ ACV rinses
mod CG since 7/09
So I know this is old, but, I just had to tell somebody about the Swimmer's conditioner I used last night it was AMAZING! My hair is soft, strong, shiney, defined and just healthy. I thought I loved Island Naturals, but it's nothing compared to this. BTW, my hair hates AOHR for those who love it, this may not be the one for you.
Originally Posted by earth218
When I first went CG I also loved the Swimmer's condish. It made my hair super soft and instantly detangled. However, it never provided me w/ enough moisture as a rinse out and it was expensive as a co-wash or detangler to use everytime. I tried it as a LI but didn't like the results.

Over time as my hair became stronger, I didn't need the protein from the condish and I just found that it did nothing for my hair. I also didn't like that it gave me thin, stringy curls. I like big chunky 3a/b curls!

SO I highly reccomend for those who need a med weight condish w/ good but not heavy protein that provides great detangling.
I purchased three products together, Vatika Coconut Oil, Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose, and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner. I got them as a set from Lakshmi's Cupboard and I have only used them that way. First I put the coconut in as a prewash and leave it on about an hour, then I add AOHR and do a deep condition leaving on atleast a half hour, then I CO wash with Nourish Spa. To finsh up I condition with a little more AOHR. My hair is sooo much softer than it was after just deep conditioning with Humecto by KeraCare. Now AOHR doesn't have as much slip. You use a little more deep conditioning on dry hair seems like. It doesn't seem as soft or have the slip of KeraCare wet. However when it has dried and you pull it across your lips, or look at how flexible your ends are dry, there is huge difference in favor of using these other products instead of Humecto. I got all three products for the price of one bottle of KeraCare Humecto purchased locally. I'm so glad I didn't rush out and buy a tub before trying AOHR. My hair is dry and coarse with lots of damage from constantly dying it red for at least 3 years. But right now it feels better than it ever has before. My hair waves, I happily brush it and spray a little Aphogee Moisturizing Oil Sheen on it before bed because it take 45 mins to soak into my hair. I don't gel, plop, or scrunch it to define my waves or try to be curlier. I just want to be able to run my fingers threw my hair and go "Wow! Its so soft!" I've had it look a little flyaway without the coconut oil or the sheen spray though, so if you are going for curls and high definition of curls, this combo probably won't cut it and you'll be better trying a different combo than what I use.
What this thread needs is some naysayery!

I've tried almost all of the Aubrey conditioners. Repeatedly. I loathe them all.

I hate the way they smell.

I hate the heavy concentration of oils.

I hate how they always separate in the bottle and you have to shake the living beheezles out of the bottle and it still doesn't mix up right, and if the bottle is full just forget it. Also, some are just too thick to remix by shaking (that rose m. one, it's like putting a stick of margarine on your hair) (imo)

I can get maybe good results from using an Aubrey conditioner ONCE. Then it's instant buildup. I also get skin irritation from all the herbal oils in there.

I really want to like these conditioners and I secretly hate all of you who can use them!
Originally Posted by Castella
Another naysay-er here! I'm envious that you all get great results. Grrr.

I've tried AOHR & ended up with some kind of protein attack after a few days. Took a week of DTs to fix. Plus the smell is so overpowering I gag in the shower.

Tried Island Naturals once & the smell is spiced beer to me. Not good, even in a frat house. Did nothing special so I never tried again.
They're up on the swap board if anyone wants 'em!
Originally Posted by tinabcurly

I agree with you guys...

Yeah I dunno what it is about Aubrey organics, but it doesn't seem as if any of them agree with my hair. I haven't tried the GPB, but the Rosa Mosqueta felt as if I couldn't put enough of the product in my hair to create any kind of slip at all. The Island Naturals didn't do much of anything and the White Camelia completely weighed my hair down. Everyone raves about the Honeysuckle Rose, but I've found whether using it as a cowash or even just a regular conditioner, when I rinse it out it makes my hair feel squeaky clean and I thought that was really odd for a conditioner.

Only when I used a ton of the B-5 Design Gel did I great curl formation, but it was like I had coated my hair with wax and it felt really gross. I also felt like I was ripping my hair out just trying to distribute it through. The curl activator just weighed my hair down and then the spray bottle broke, no big loss I guess.

Kind of a shame because Aubrey Organics were decently priced for all natural products.
I had used the Aubrey Organics Camellia conditioner. I didn't like it. It didn't have any slip! My hair was being pulled out as I combed my hair. I feel like I had to use a lot to be able to get some slip. My mom didn't like it either; she said it was too oily for her. Plus, it has a natural product smell. That doesn't smell very good but luckily it wasn't strong. I heard of all the Aubrey Organics products, the white camellia has the weakest smell which is why I bought it. Oh and I hate that you have to shake the bottle before EACH use. I have to tape a label saying "Shake" so I remember!
3b or 3b/c biracial teen hair.
Shoulder blade length and highlighted.
A mix of fine and medium texture with medium density.
Frizzy and dry! Mostly frizzy.
Use sulfate free shampoo. Condition daily and deep condition weekly. I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger collection with DevaCurl AnGel. Sometimes use Infusium 23 moisture(ologie) leave in conditioner too.

Last edited by BouncyCuteCurls16; 08-26-2011 at 04:42 PM.
I have been trying a few AO conditioners for a while. Did Island Naturals (low poo and condish) for about 6 months, coconut oil or Lush RB leave in, Lush King of Mods style. Then I noticed that my hair often looked stringy, crown looked greasy. Too much!!

Stopped with the coconut oil or any leave-ins. Tried AOGPB low-poo and condish. Marginally better. But I have a feeling I need something lighter, my curls fall out on the 2nd day and my hair is quite flyaway and loose (even on the first day, though I did get back some of my big loose ringlets).

Seems I have fine-medium texture and low porosity, AND thick hair (3a curls, black hair, east indian, healthy hair!), are there any AO conditioners I should try? I really don't want to abandon this line, with AO, my scalp stopped flaking and my hair doesn't fall out at all anymore.

Also...for styling...AOMM or AOB5?

Thanks!!
2b/3a, Fine-medium, iii (thick!)
Low porosity
Healthy hair
Modified CG since 2005, 'poo 1x/week
AOGPB/AOIN shampoo/condish
Lush RB or ev coconut oil leave-in.
Style with Lush King of Mods, AOB5?
When I polish off this bottle I'm done with AO conditioners. First I had the Jojoba and Aloe. Sometimes I got good results, sometimes it dried my hair out horribly. Now the White Camellia is doing the same thing. After taking a closer look at the ingredients "coconut fatty acid cream base" I'm sure that's the culprit. Twice I've tried coconut milk or coconut cream deep treatments and it dried my hair out so badly it took weeks of moisture dcs to recover. This kind of protein doesn't agree with my hair. I see the same ingredient is in HR so I won't even go there even though I've heard great things about it.

Also...for styling...AOMM or AOB5?

Thanks!!
Originally Posted by Omiya
I've been alternating between the Honeysuckle Rose and the GPB (shampoo and conditioner). My hair loves both, but the HR more. There is no protein in the HR, just tons of moisture, but it doesn't seem to weigh me down or make me stringy (like the White Camellia did-that stuff seemed way too oily, so you may want to avoid it.) I tried a few others way back, but can't remember what kind of results I got. As for styling, I use both the B5 and the AOMM. The B5 actually has great hold if you need it. The MM is really moisturizing but very light. So many people on this board love the MM under another gel and hate the B5 as a regular gel. I love both together. I also recently got the new-ish serum-forget the name, and I use that to seal before the B5. Not greasy at all for me, but YMMV. You can get all AO products very cheap on many sites, but I use VITAGLO since I purchase my raw food meal replacement and other supplements dirt cheap. I hope you find what works for you .
Yes, I do love HSR, I actually really love the smell. But I forgot to say that I did try AOHSR. I think it was too moisturizing? It made my hair fuzzy and mushy and not defined.

i have not beeen doing the proper low-poo (shampoo scalp, condition ends), maybe I will try that for a while.

I have to say, the best my hair ever looked was using Pureology Hydrate (shampoo/condish) and Davines Momo hair serum. But that stuff is bad for you ('cones and all that), I got flakes, and I would get dry knots at the back of my head.

Will try my AO trifecta for a while (Island Naturals, GPB and HSR), proper low-poo, buy some AOB5 (can't get AOMM in canada so will wait for my next trip south of the border) and see how it goes. thanks for the opinion on AOMM!

I would love to hear anyone's experiences with AO Blue Chamomile or Chamomile Volumizing, or even RM?
2b/3a, Fine-medium, iii (thick!)
Low porosity
Healthy hair
Modified CG since 2005, 'poo 1x/week
AOGPB/AOIN shampoo/condish
Lush RB or ev coconut oil leave-in.
Style with Lush King of Mods, AOB5?