curl refresher spray?

Does anyone no any good ones or how to make an at home verision?
If you have the Curly Girl book, she has some recipes in there, or there are recipes on the forum for homemade products. Just do a search of the forum.

I love curl refresher spray and use it daily. I have Mister Right by DevaCurl and AweInspiraling Spray by Jessicurl. I love both of them.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Originally Posted by pigreyhound
I have problems when I use a refresher on dry hair. My hair get limp and lays down to frizz. What am I doing wrong? My hair is 3a/b, fine but lots of it.
You may be using too much. At first, I had a tendency to put too much on and I found that my hair did get stringy rather than perk up. Now I spritz just four times, bend over and scrunch, then kind of spread my fingers out at my scalp and rustle through my hair. Stand up and usually leave it be.
The other thing that works for me is to spritz and use a tiny bit of gel to scrunch the ends.
Perhaps you need a curl refresher spray with more oil or moisturizers in it? Innersense makes a curl spray, I believe it is a leave-in detangler, that works as a refresher spray. It has more moisture in it.

Maybe try a bit of aloe vera gel? I have been doing that more this summer and I think that works for me also.

Good luck!
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Starlit Waves. I don't know if it's CG or not... I've been getting pretty lax lately about that... If a product works for me and I don't get bad buildup, then it's a keeper! Haha!
3b. Tight, brown corkscrew ringlets; down to the middle of my back with sideswept bangs that I "straighten" by tucking behind my ear while drying.
College freshman and hair product junkie. Not a good combo! haha!
Aloe vera juice is a good one for me. I just put it in a spray bottle and a few spritz's'll do me.

Fuzzy Duck detangler/refresher is another favorite of mine. I keep a bottle of it at work when I need a pick-me-up. It smells pretty good, too.
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.

Originally Posted by SunshineGrrl
Do you make your own Aloe Vera Juice or where do you buy it?
between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!

Originally Posted by SunshineGrrl
Do you make your own Aloe Vera Juice or where do you buy it?
Originally Posted by Notty
I bought the juice. I found it at KMart by the pharmacy section. It's FOTE, just the drinkable juice. I put it in a spray bottle and I'm all done! It's fabulous!
2B...ish