Curls by Sisters Smith

I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but for me a little of the Hair Pudding goes a long way! The first couple times I used too much and my hair was producty feeling.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
I only use a little, too. It makes my hair really soft and not at all producty. It's a keeper.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Yes, absolutely. I'll give you my review shortly after it arrives. I need more hours in the day to try the new things that keep coming in! I mixed up a batch of homemade flax seed gel on Sunday, and I just received some KCCC today in a swap, so I have lots of playing to do.

I have looked into the Curl Junkie stylers, but they contain wheat and one contains a polyquat - my hair does not play well with either of those. I have been liking the MYHoneyChild type 2 hair creme, though. Did you ever place a MHC order?
Originally Posted by misspam
So many products, so little time! I do want to try the MHC. I have some coconut hair milk coming in a swap. Wasn't sure which hair creme to order, so didn't do anything.

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
How much of this are you using? My hair is 2c/3a, naturally dry. I imagine I would use less than what you're using, seeing as you're a 3b.
Originally Posted by misspam
I probably use less than a tablespoon full. I use it on soaking wet hair. If I'm extra lazy I just mix a little in with my gel.
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Great, thanks. Can't wait to get my products!
I use the Hair Pudding almost every day. Works just like Pink Boots for me (without the weird chemical smell of Boots).
The Hair Butter was ok, but not good enough to replace my Ojon.
The conditioner was nothing special, not good enough to replace my Suave and VO5.
I adore their Body Butter. Awesome stuff.
Hey jeep,

What scent(s) have you tried? I saw on the site that you can request custom order scents, which might be fun. Any idea what the ingredients are of the the body butter? I am a sucker for a good body butter. Thanks!

Originally Posted by orangeserendipity32
I'm not jeep, but thought you'd like this link. It has the ingredients for some of the products, though not the body butter.

I've read all your responses & I'm going to try the Curls by Sisters Smith line. I'll post my experience. Thanks for sharing.
Hair Type 3C-4A

What you see is what you get because I'm not pressed to lye.
The Hair Butter was ok, but not good enough to replace my Ojon.
I adore their Body Butter. Awesome stuff.

Originally Posted by orangeserendipity32
I thought I answered this already but guess I didn't sorry! I've tried the vanilla and the peppermint. Liked them both but am a sucker for vanilla. I think the body butter and hair butter are very similar but can't find a complete list of ingredients.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
I received my products last week, but I have yet to try them. I am on the crazy hair detox program, and I don't want to introduce any new products just yet. I got the Wet Set Hair Pudding and the Hair Butter, both in the brown sugar scent. Boy, do they smell good enough to eat!!! I will most likely try them on Thursday or Friday and will make sure to post my review.
i just pulled out my wet set to experiment with again. my hair has gone crazy, i dont know WHAT i was thinking trying to be cute and wear it out in this hot @$$ weather...
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I got the wet set pudding in vanilla.

I probably used too much, because I had a hard time distributing it. Next time I will use a leave-in that has a lot of slip first, because the wet set pudding really doesn't have any slip at all. I did get really nice curl formation from it.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
I got the wet set pudding in vanilla.

Originally Posted by Castella
I've used it with the Giovanni Direct on soaking wet hair--and it's been great. No problem with scrunching it in!

Yeah, I need to spread it in my hands and scrunch it in. I didn't do that (tried to just apply directly to hair and smooth in) and it didn't work so well.

My hair didn't feel product-y at all, which was really nice.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Tuesday night, before pineappling my hair for bed, I applied a dollop of the Butter Me Up, and ran it through my hair concentrating on the ends. Love the smell!!! Next morning after cleansing, I used the Wet Set Hair Pudding. I think I used 2 quarter-size dollops. Before my hair was dry, I was thinking maybe I used too much. When it dried, it was very soft, lots of curl and not product-y at all. These products are definitely keepers!
So, I got my Sisters Smith stuff today! I am really excited to try them. I ordered the wet set curly pudding in vanilla, and the butter me up hair butter in brown sugar. May I just say WOWSERS the brown sugar smells amaaaazing! Not too sweet, and smells good enough to taste (no worries, I'll refrain).

However, I have a question for all who have ordered the vanilla scent-I cannot smell a darn thing in the wet set curly pudding. To me, it has a light generic lotion smell, whereas the brown sugar is pretty strong. So, before I call and say I think I mistakingly received unfragranced, I am wondering for those of you that ordered vanilla could you actually smell it, or is it really, really light? I have a pretty sensitive nose, but maybe this is a barely there scent. I'm sorta disappointed because half the reason I tried these is because I love good smells and like that they give multiple fragrance choices.

pw=ringlet
My vanilla wet set pudding smells like vanilla but it's not as strong as the vanilla body butter.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
Thanks for the quick reply!!! I think I'll give them a call, as I LOVE vanilla.

pw=ringlet
I'm impressed! Karla herself of Sisters Smith responded to my e-mail about 10 min. after I sent it. She is going to send me the "scent mix" to add to my pudding, since I already tested it. She thinks she may have overlooked scenting it in the whole process. I may have to test the pudding before I can add scent, because I've already waited 2 weeks to get it and really want to see if it is like my beloved Pink Boots! (They were on vacation for a week, hence the 2 wk. wait).

pw=ringlet

Last edited by orangeserendipity32; 08-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Originally Posted by orangeserendipity32
Just a guess, but I think you're really going to love it. It's great stuff.

Originally Posted by orangeserendipity32

Just a guess, but I think you're really going to love it. It's great stuff.
Originally Posted by kathymack
Yay! Thanks for the encouragement Kathymack. I've decided to wait for the scent to be delivered to me before I try it out. Then the experimentation will begin and hopefully I'll be in vanilla heaven! I'll let you know how it works for me. I still am incredulous over how great her prices are.