Old 08-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #41

scarriecarrie's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Girls, can you explain your routine for using the WSHP? I just received a very generous sample from kathymack and am anxious to play with it!! You all know the feeling!!!
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
scarriecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #42

Join Date: Jan 2008

SC. it's a curl creme, use it after your rinse out and before your gel. (I know you're not using a leave in these days--LOL!)

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
Old 08-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #43

orangeserendipity32's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006

So, I finally added the vanilla scent to my WSP (see my previous posts), and have tried it three times. I've liked it more each time I've used it! I didn't like the results of applying it over Gio Direct as my hair was pretty frizzy that day (even though I used a hard hold gel over it), but other than that it seems promising so far.

Yesterday, I used it w/ CK (and gel on top of it all) and this is my favorite way of using it yet, as I had less halo/crown frizz compared to the other 2x I experimented w/ it. I really liked how much definition and spring my curls had, and my hair feels softer than it has in a while. I probably still prefer pink boots because it causes less frizz, but this is a good substitute for now (not to mention it smells better and is more natural).

What are other people's favorite products to pair w/ WSP? I would love more ideas! I am thinking I will like this even better in cooler weather.

Also, I was curious if anyone has tried using the Butter Me Up! Hair Butter, and WSP together? I have only used the butter on dry hair as a treatment on my ends, and as a yummy brown sugar treatment for my nose-I'm addicted to the smell of the brown sugar. (Although this smells just like hot buttered rum to me). Could the Hair Butter be used as a leave-in w/ the WSP over it? Or would this be too rich for my 3a-ish hair type? A penny for your thoughts?
3a/2b

Winter Routine
Co-wash: Hair One Argan Oil or Burt's Bees GreenTea and Fennel
Low-Po: Devacurl LP or SheaMoisture Black Soap(1-2x/wk)
Condish: SheaMoisture Deep Repair Mask
Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today AND
Styler: GF Curl Construct Mousse or Biotera gel
-Diffuser happy!
Treatments: Oils or butters,and trying out Aubrey Organics GPB for protein

pw=ringlet

Last edited by orangeserendipity32; 08-19-2008 at 12:46 AM.
orangeserendipity32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 AM   #44

Originally Posted by orangeserendipity32 View Post

Also, I was curious if anyone has tried using the Butter Me Up! Hair Butter, and WSP together? Could the Hair Butter be used as a leave-in w/ the WSP over it? Or would this be too rich for my 3a-ish hair type? A penny for your thoughts?
I use it with the KBB products, hair milk as rinse out, nectar as leave in with B & A gel. I have the Butter Me Up, but was thinking it would be too heavy in the summer. The KBB hair cream is great for us 3a's, it's similar, but much lighter than butter. I didn't get the butter, but probably will on my next KBB order.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #45

ScrappyTam's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

This sounds like a promising line. And at a great price to boot! I might be doing a little online shopping today!

ETA: now you've gone and done it. Made me go buy a sampler pack. Shame on you guys!!!
I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

Last edited by ScrappyTam; 08-19-2008 at 06:50 AM.
ScrappyTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #46

orangeserendipity32's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006

[quote=kathymack;688214]

Hey kathymack!

So, let me get this straight-you use the Sisters Smith Wet Set Pudding w/ the KBB hair nectar and B&A gel for styling? In what order-the WSHP over the nectar maybe? I finally ordered some nectar, hair milk and the sampler from KBB and should be receiving it any day now!
3a/2b

Winter Routine
Co-wash: Hair One Argan Oil or Burt's Bees GreenTea and Fennel
Low-Po: Devacurl LP or SheaMoisture Black Soap(1-2x/wk)
Condish: SheaMoisture Deep Repair Mask

pw=ringlet
orangeserendipity32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #47

Hey kathymack!

You're not going to be sorry you ordered the KBB products. IMHO, they will be the next "it" products on the boards. They are really great. As per scarriecarrie, I use a little bit of the hair milk as a rinse out. Depending on your hair and how much moisture, you can use a little hair nectar as your leave in, then just a little bit of the WSHP and some B & A gel. These products are very moisturizing--a little goes a long way. You can use a little of the hair cream to scrunch the crunch. I'll be curious as to what you think of the butter.

They should be great for winter.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #48

scarriecarrie's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

kathymack, if you want to try the KBB hair butter let me know. I'll send you a sample. It is really heavy. You need only a tiny bit. I think the cream is probably better for 3A's.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
scarriecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #49

Originally Posted by scarriecarrie View Post
Thanks scarriecarrie. I know you said the butter is really heavy. Yesterday, I was packing up a sample of the cream and had a little on my hand. Not wanting it to go to waste, I smoothed it on my canopy. My hair was fine, it looked a little producty. By this morning, it had all soaked in. I could have had second day hair, if I hadn't gone overboard trying things. I was thinking the hair butter might be good for this--instead of coconut oil, etc.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 AM   #50

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Talking WOW

Thanks to a wonderful curly here I was able to try the WSP this morning. OMG I have amazing hair. I can't believe how well this worked. I water washed and conditioned with Abba Pure Colour Conditioner and used the Abba Pure Gentle Conditioner as a leave-in. I applied WSP and Abba Pure Firm Gel the way the Curlisto videos showed. I then tipped my head over and scrunched in a very small amount of gel (less than a dime's worth) and scrunched with my hands. I then used the Curlease towel to scrunch. After scrunching with the towel, I applied a very small amount of Paul Brown's Goo and scrunched it in. I then clipped and diffused using the Pixiecurl method. I probably didn't need the Goo, but I like the extra volume that it gives me and it cuts down on the crunch with gels.

My hair has just as many curls as with KCKT/KCCC, is just as soft and it dried in half the time.

I wish they shipped to Canada. Thank God for this site and a lovely lady willing to send it to me, otherwise this Canadian Curly would be out of luck.

If you haven't tried it yet, it is well worth it. It is really hot and humid here today. I wouldn't have normally used a 'curl cream' on a day like this, so I didn't expect any success. I am still shocked when I look in the mirror.

Last edited by FrizzBgone; 09-02-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: missed a step
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #51

amy51373's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

Bumping this up for anyone who's interested the Cinnamon-Vanilla and Peppermint scents are 10% off for the holiday. The PJ in me and the love of cinnamon couldn't hold back and I ordered some more WSP. It's still my favorite curl cream.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
amy51373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #52

laurabeth33's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2003

Has anyone tried any CbSS conditioners?
2b w/ some 3a
product tester geek
laurabeth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #53

va_candi's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Originally Posted by amy51373 View Post
Has anyone tried the cinnamon-vanilla before, or is this a limited edition holiday scent? I don't care for the plain vanilla, but cinnamon-vanilla sounds kind of interesting.

Originally Posted by laurabeth33 View Post
Has anyone tried any CbSS conditioners?
I tried a sample of the deeeeeep conditioner. It was just okay to me.
va_candi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #54

Laura Lee's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

Darn you product review board!

So I'm wondering about shipping from this company. I'm going for for Christmas break (from school) and I'm wondering if I should ship it to my house and hope that it gets there before I go back to school or ship it to my dorm and just suffer through the thought of an unused product sitting in my mailbox. I'll be home from Dec. 16th through Jan 11th. If I order today and pay for standard shipping (1-3 days) how long do you think it will take for the order to be processed/shipped out??

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Laura Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #55

amy51373's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

My understanding is that the Cinnamon-Vanilla was a special holiday scent.

I'm not sure how quick she shipped last time I ordered. I know the shipping is relatively cheap compared to some places so I did priority but I don't recall how quickly it actually got shipped.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
amy51373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 AM   #56

Join Date: Jan 2008

They get really back logged when there's a sale. Last time I ordered, it took several weeks--and there wasn't a sale.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #57

Laura Lee's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

Well I ordered it and had it shipped to home. I'll do some PJ dances to try and do something to get it to get to my house before I leave haha. I'm so excited for a cinnamon product!!!.

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Laura Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #58

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default Love this stuff!

Just had to try the WSP because of this thread. I received it very quickly, and used it for the 1st time yesterday. I have great 2nd day curls, much less frizz than I normally have (I'm never w/out frizz). It worked far better for me than the KCCC did (but that may have been user error, not sure.) My hair is curlier and clumpier (is that a word?) than normal and I highly recommend it!
shampoo bars, GVP K-Pak, Abba Pure Gentle Leave-in, Mop curl cream, Babaii Mousse and BRHG
cfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #59

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by cfry View Post
Yea !!!

I still love the WSP. It is one of the few products that I seem to be able to use all year. Most of the creamier products have to be shelved for the summer, but I used this one and loved it. It works just as well for me now as it did in the heat of the summer.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #60

Join Date: Nov 2004

I also love it. It has been working fantastic using SheaM as a leave-in, WSP, topped with a mix of Goo and Aloe Gel. Lots of volume, curls, shine and no frizz. It also dries quickly.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
icequeen is offline   Reply With Quote