Curls by Sisters Smith

Anyone have any luck with these products? If so, which ones. I am thinking of trying for my 3b/3c hair.
Thanks!
I used the Wet Set Curly Pudding today for the first time. Great spirally curls. Of course, most things are fabulous the first time you use them, I'll be interested in what it does the second time--LOL!!! I was going to post about this, but was waiting for a second attempt.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
ok well please keep me posted, I am eager to try!
I got the Wet Set Pudding and Butter Me Up. The butter is way too heavy for me to use this time of the year. I was really impressed with the pudding. It's glycerin,aloe and olive oil--but not at all greasy. I love the Innersence QCCC and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, but they are too heavy for my fine 3A curls right now. My curls are as tight as with KCCC, but not quite as good as my first day with that. I used Jane Carter C & S as a defrizzer and Aveda Aloe/Flax Gel. I wouldn't use the JC C & S again. The gel is fine, my hair hasn't drooped at all.

There's an active thread on the 4A board about this right now. Don't know if that will help. It's very reasonably priced and they have a sample "kit."

I've tried the Wet Set Curly Pudding a couple times. It works okay. I was kinda disappinted in the fragrance that I picked, but I hate to waste money. I've been forcing myself to finish up the jar of Summer Garden, so I can try another fragrance. :-)
Mine's brown sugar. It's really yummy.

I use the Hair Pudding almost every day. Works just like Pink Boots for me (without the weird chemical smell of Boots).
The Hair Butter was ok, but not good enough to replace my Ojon.
The conditioner was nothing special, not good enough to replace my Suave and VO5.
I adore their Body Butter. Awesome stuff.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

I use the Wet Set Hair Pudding, usually in combo with Qhemet honeybush gel (underneath the WSHP) and maybe some spot gel on top. It's a nice product. Anyone using Miss Jessie's curly pudding would love this stuff, but to me the WSHP is a better quality product and 1/7 the price.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
The WSHP did a lot more for my hair than the Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. My curls were much tighter, almost 3Bs! I don't remember the Miss Jessie's that well, it wasn't good enough to maintain a place on my "curl creme" shelf. I did just swap for the meringue. Only used it once--it's not the Wet Set Hair Pudding!

ok, kathymack....because of you, I just spent more money today!lol After your good review, last week I bought Giovanni Direct Leave In. Today, after reading this thread, I ordered the Wet Set Hair Pudding and Butter Me Up in the yummy brown sugar scent.

Originally Posted by misspam
Let me know when you're ready and what's of interest--product type? I'm sure we can spend your money--LOL!!! Nothing like a little vicarious spending!!!

I did use the WSHP again this morning. Great curls!!

Where are you all buying this stuff? I think it's ok to say, since it doesn't look like CurlMart carries it.

I ask, of course, out of mere curiosity. Juuuuuust wondering. No plans to purchase whatsoever.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Originally Posted by Castella

Me too, Me too!!!!! Of course I, too, am not planning to order anything. (RIGHT)
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner

Originally Posted by Castella

Originally Posted by scarriecarrie
I got mine in a swap, but here's the website:

I understand that it's all made to order, so it takes a little while. The Wet Set Hair Pudding is well worth it!

I was going to start a thread yesterday about this stuff, but wanted to wait until I tried it a second time. I should know that around here, one doesn't have to wait--someone is picking up good hair vibes when they happen!!

Originally Posted by misspam

I did use the WSHP again this morning. Great curls!!
Originally Posted by kathymack
Well, I'm really loving creamy leave-ins and stylers right now. Just point me in the right direction...

Originally Posted by misspam
Of course! Just a little Giovanni Direct on the crown. I actually just redid my hair. I put some flax seed oil on it this morning and it smelled like vitamins. It didn't go away, so I did a cassia treatment since I had time. The cassia smells like grass and dirt, so it wasn't much of an improvement! I used the WSHP again and it's still good. If you like creamy--have you tried the Curl Junkie Curl Cremes?? Let us know how you like the WSHP.

I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but for me a little of the Hair Pudding goes a long way! The first couple times I used too much and my hair was producty feeling.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

Originally Posted by kathymack
Yes, absolutely. I'll give you my review shortly after it arrives. I need more hours in the day to try the new things that keep coming in! I mixed up a batch of homemade flax seed gel on Sunday, and I just received some KCCC today in a swap, so I have lots of playing to do.

I have looked into the Curl Junkie stylers, but they contain wheat and one contains a polyquat - my hair does not play well with either of those. I have been liking the MYHoneyChild type 2 hair creme, though. Did you ever place a MHC order?
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
How much of this are you using? My hair is 2c/3a, naturally dry. I imagine I would use less than what you're using, seeing as you're a 3b.