Ebene shea butter styling lotion-Review

Ebene - Natural Hair and Body Care, Non-toxic

Ingredients for Ebene shea butter hair styling lotion:
Water, shea butter, soybean oil, olive oil, vegetable emulsifying wax, avocado oil, babbasu oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E, panthenol, lavender essential oil, essential oils of ylang-ylang, lemon, and orange, potassium sorbate and vitamin C.

and according to my bottle is says %100 natural and Vegan friendly.

I found this product at a Whole Foods Market on a whim. I was looking for something moisturizing and thought that with the research that I have been doing on this site I could put my knowledge to use. I thought I would try this product to see if it would help for moisturizing. Since I know that shea butter is moisturizing and I have thick hair I figured I would give it a shot.

I haven't figured out the best combo for it yet. First I co-wash and then I add the shea butter before my gel and leave in treatment. So I kind of use it as a styling cream and moisturizer. I would say if you are looking for extra moisture it may not be a bad product to try. It is completely %100 natural. It was a little pricey for me I think I paid $11 or $12 for it, so if you're looking for something cheap it may not be in your budget.

So far I like the product and I have been using it for about a month now. If you use too much your hair will be a little greasy, but if you get the right amount for yourself it does help make it soft. I know for me I use a little more on my underneath hair where it gets tangled and it seems to help more.
The smell is not bad. I can definitely smell the citrus notes and lavender notes in my hair after the use. During the day the scent will disappear. However, if you have other products with scents you may want to think about the mixing of scents to make sure it will mix alright with the current ones you use. I think it's a good product and love it cause it's CG and %100 natural.

There is a link at the top to direct you to their site of more natural products. They have many products for curly hair. They also have bath and body products as well.
If you have any other questions just ask.
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008
3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
Went Deva Care line beginning
September 23, 2009
Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!

Love Whole Foods but have never found a lot of info on all their haircare products, and the sales people never seem to know. Thanks for this!
3b curls, color treated
DevaCurl No-Poo & One Condish
DevaCurl Set It Free and Angell
Paul Mitchell Round Trip
Schwarzkopf Osis curl spray
Bed Head Manipulator
I'm a Halo Head!
I was at Whole Foods today picking up replacement AOHR and there I saw it, ebene...I figured everyone talks about shea butter and its benefits so I bought it ....Oil and I dont really get along but after reading the ingredients I was like lemme see. I will try tomorrow.

Anyone else ever use this product?
3B/C ; Suave Coconut Co-wash/LA Looks Gel or KCCC w/ KCKT (during the cooler months); I use Coconut &/or EVOO (Olive Oil) for Deep Conditioning.

Last edited by CurlyVee; 02-01-2009 at 12:48 PM.
So I shared some with my 4a friend
...ladies of 3b/c and 4a I THINK THIS IS IT !!!....

So this is my breakdown (3b/c)-Cowashed with Suave Coconut,dabbed out excess water, squeezed a dime size of ebene in my palm, rub together where it became a creamier emulsion,flipped head over and racked in/finger comed in, then finished by a sweep over my hair like if I was making a ponytail. I used a wide tooth comb just make make sure everything was in and spreaded, then I scrunched in LA Looks #10 (clear) gel, and combed through again, styled and let it dry. Few hrs later I did sorta scrunch out some of the "hold" but WOW!!!

My curls were more defined, bouncy and shiny!!!

Cannot wait to test the 2nd day hair...I plan on using less of a dime size of product to sorta touch up...we shall see.

BTW I SO LOVE AOHR...seriously and its made in Florida too like the ebene

Last edited by CurlyVee; 02-01-2009 at 01:04 PM.
*BUMP* to see if there are any updates or others that have tried it?
Precious Honey
3c with some 3b at the bottom.
Im lovin HENNA
Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
Leave in: Elucence MBC
Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance

I liked it...

Classic Type 4A
Coarse Texture
Cone, Aloe, and Glycerin Sensitive
Recovering Product Junkie

PRE SHAMPOO TREATMENT– Coconut Oil + Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner
SHAMPOO – Sof’nFree GroHealthy Nothing But Clarifying Shampoo (Monthly)
CONDITIONER – Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner CoWash
LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Shea Butter Leave-in (Curly to Kinky)
SEALANT– Homemade Natural Butter Mix
I tried it...

I liked it...I ordered some more back in December, but have not recieved the product or any answer to my e-mails asking about it.
Originally Posted by Jip

PMed.

I liked it...

Originally Posted by Jip

The same thing happened to me. I ordered last year also and never received a response to my SEVERAL correspondences I left , nor did they ever refund my money.
My skin and scalp does not like it apprently!!

Ladies I have an extra bottle (used twice) - its yours if you want it - PM me and its yours for free since I can not use it