Replacement for Aveda's Elixir?

Hey curly people! For years I used Aveda's only leave-in conditioner, Elixir, mixed with their Confixor, and it was a complete dream come true for my fine curly hair. Rarely had frizz, felt very light weight--even though I used a lot of the Elixir, at the recommendation of my hairdresser.

Well boo hoo, as usual, Aveda has discontinued the Elixir. I bought like 12 bottles of it when the took it off the market, but those bottles are starting to empty, and I have not been able to find a replacement that I at least LIKE. Every product I've tried has left my hair stringy, straight, limp... things like the Deva collection, Pantene products, Neutrogena leave-in conditioner, various mousses, and all the Frizz Ease products.

After reading through some other threads, it seems like that Giovanni leave-in might be a good one to try. Elixir was not a heavy conditioner, but not watery, either. It was just right for me, and all the curly girls in the salon I go to swore by it (when used with the Confixor).

So, can anyone recommend something that might be similar to the ole Elixir? Or, just good recommendations for a thin (but not watery) leave-in conditioner.

Thank you!
Another Elixir mourner here. I did a leave-in search after I bought the last 2 bottles available. Here are the ones I found, first=closest:

- Abba Nourishing Conditioner leave-in (but it was reformulated. Old formula bottles are still available at places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls)

- Kinky Curly Knot Today (not alot like Aveda but a wonderful leave-in in its own right)

- Paul Mitchell the Conditioner; brand or Sally's GVP brand (essentially the same)

- Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-in

- MOP Leave-in

- I'm also using Mop Top Daily conditioner as a leave-in
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I've tried a million too.

I agree, the Beauty Without Cruelty one is pretty nice. Also I am liking (not loving) the amlika leave-in from the Body Shop.

Didn't like the Giovanni. Actually I did like it the first couple days, but then it dried me out like you wouldn't believe. Not sure why.
3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew
I've tried a million too.

Originally Posted by starcrosser
That's a nice one. I have it.

I believe it was the Elixir that dried out my hair.

Giovanni Direct Leave-in works great for me.

ABBA Nourishing is great. I'm working on using up my liter. Then I too will be mourning something

Elucence Moisture Balancing is great. I just can't get it on the backs of my hands, neck & scalp due to the peach making me itch.

I love Kinky Curly Knot Today.
Aveda's Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother is supposed to be the replacement for Elixir. Has anyone used it?

Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother
Aqueous (Water\Aqua\Eau) Extract\Extrait Aqueux:Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice] Dimethicone
Glycerin
Benzyl Benzoate
Sodium Chloride
Phenoxyethanol
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush