Old 07-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #1

Join Date: Jun 2007
Angry Organix Coconut Conditioner

Easily the worst thing I have ever put on my head, and lord knows I have tried plenty.

I can't figure out what it is supposed to do. The label discusses its "gentle cleansing," but this is a conditioner, not a shampoo. Is it trying to advertise itself as a co-wash option? Then it should say so.

At any rate, it left my hair utterly parched and with a weird gritty film on it. After trying it about three times--to make sure the weirdness wasn't from a styling product, or the weather, or the alignment of the planets , I said ENOUGH, this stuff is horrible.

Since I hate to throw good money away, I thought OK, I'll use it as a body wash, at least it smells good (I often use COs as body washes). Well, it left my skin wretchedly dry too and with the same gritty film! At this point I'm considering saving it to hand-wash my delicate laundry, or perhaps as drain cleaner.

Big thumbs down.
Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
PrettyPorcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #2

CurlyBangs's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012

That's odd, my hair at the moment loves that stuff. I suppose everyone is different. Maybe your hair is protein sensitive? Cause mine loves protein and was somewhat revived after one use.
2c whirly curls, low porosity, medium texture/density

Experimenting, as usual. I've found that these products work well:

Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and KC Come Clean shampoo
Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
RO: KCKT, DC OneC,
LI: KCKT (rarely used as a LI)
Stylers: CJ CiaB, KCSS, and homemade flax seed gel (FSG is a total HG btw!!)

Chopped off 12 inches of my hair on 3-22-14

Colorado Whirly
CurlyBangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #3

lcl0706's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by PrettyPorcupine View Post

Big thumbs down.
I hated this stuff too. Absolutely HATED it. It left me with a gunky, producty, gritty feeling. I had the same thought - WTF is this supposed to do?

And I'm not protein sensitive so I know it wasn't that. I can sit with a strong version of IAGirl's gelatin PT on my head for an hour and be just fine.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

lcl0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #4

Join Date: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by PrettyPorcupine View Post

Big thumbs down.
Agreed, my fine 3a hair totally dissed this product. Shame, because I'm a sucker for coconut. I just bought Desert Essence Coconut S & C (on sale at drugstore.com!), which gave me much better results with a nicer scent, though not quite as cheap.
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote