Tweek-anyone?

I got my order today that I ordered on the second and it had a sample of the Tweek in it. My hair wasn't really great today and I ended up putting it in clips. When I got home and opened my box, I couldn't wait to try out the Tweek. I took my hair out of the clips and scrunched about a nickel sized amount into my hair. I massaged a little bit on my roots, scrunched the rest, then flipped over and fluffed a bit. I could tell a difference immediately. I only used about a nickel sized amout. I wonder if I'd get better results if I used more? I like the results so far, and I do plan on buying a full sized bottle. Will I get another sample with my order if I order this month? I'd like to keep one in my purse...

Anyhow, I put a before and after pic in my blog. Here is the link:
Vanessa
CG since 9/2007
www.DixonJewelryAndMore.etsy.com

medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, CHS Tweek
Well, I've heard (and waited) enough. AM going to place an order for Kinky Curly Come Clean (my kids need a new poo and I have always wanted to try it....).

Hopefully it will come with a sample of the Tweek.
My Photobucket Album
Used this today on second-day bed hair. I like! Scrunched a pea-size blob into my roots, then another one into the rest of my hair. Curl bounced back (I've never had this happen on my hair) and I've got nice root lift and shine. Plus my hair smells nice now. (: I'm going to the beach in a few minutes, so I won't be able to report on its staying power just yet.
Location: North NJ or NYC
What's the consistency like? It is thick, or more liquid-y?

I find it hard to apply thick products to my hair, especialy when my hair is dry, but scrunching might work.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
What's the consistency like? It is thick, or more liquid-y?

Originally Posted by Castella

It's definately not liquidy. It's creamy, not too thick though... almost like a hand cream.
Vanessa
CG since 9/2007
www.DixonJewelryAndMore.etsy.com

medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
I've never had any luck putting stuff in dry hair, it frizzes and messes up the curl, and leaves a greasy, producty feel. But this was before cg, Im so paranoid about it that I haven't tried applying products to dry hair for a couple of years. Does it smell as awful as curl keeper? That made me gag!
Originally Posted by kat180
Could your CK have gone bad?? Mine has no smell.
My Photobucket Album
Mine has a smell. It smells like some nasty plasticy something or 'nother. I can't explain it. It doesn't stay though so I haven't ever noticed it after putting it in my hair especially because I always put something else over it.
I've gotten at least 3 liters of CK over the last two years and it's always had a very industrial chemical odor to me. I don't notice it much when I'm using it, but I don't use it in the summer. I always notice the smell when I go back to using it. It doesn't bother me, but it's not appealing, either. I don't notice an odor after I apply it.

I think I would have a hard time applying Tweek to dry hair. Usually I only have success with liquid spray products on dry hair, otherwise I don't get good distribution and I tend to overapply. I don't use traditional hair sprays though.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Ok, so I just tried the Tweek sample I got; so far, not loving it.

My 2nd day hair looks slightly better; more piecey, but very unc-clumpy. My hair also feels slightly sticky in some areas, altho that might absorb in in a while. But as of now, I still prefer the PMRT for reviveing 2nd day curls.
My Photobucket Album
It smells SO much better than CK. I hated the smell of CK, and this smells nice.

It's creamy, but not thick. And it isn't sticky when applied to dry hair, surprisingly.
Location: North NJ or NYC

Originally Posted by mysteryflavored
yes it smells nice. Unfortunately it is way sticky in my hair. dont think tweek is for moi.
My Photobucket Album
I like the Tweek and will definitely repurchase. It cleaned up soccer tournament hair really nicely!!

I had used KCKT and KCCC on Saturday, so I had some really nice curls going on. But ... after 8 hours at a soccer field where we had a little bit of everything - sun, rain, heat, humidity and lots of wind ... my hair looked a little haggard looking. We were going to a family bbq after the last game, so we stopped home to get our stuff together before the last game. I used the Tweek before going back to the field and couldn't believe the results.

The wind blown hair was completely gone. I had lots of volume and great curls. I was actually approached at the last game and asked if I could explain how I did my hair to her curly haired daughter .... And .... what's more, my hair lasted through another game.

After the last game, we headed to the bbq. I was really surprised when I saw my hair. It held up through the game really well. My relatives actually complimented me on my "gorgeous curls" .... in 42 yrs this has NEVER happened. We're a family of curls and almost all of them straighten.

Definitely a unique product. I think the results get better with practice. This time I made sure that I got the product right into the roots. I rubbed the tips of my finger at my scalp and then scrunched. It boosted the volume and held it there.
Wow I just looked at the price 4oz for 20.00 bucks thats crazy. I thought it was at least 8oz..
3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
P/Wmarissa
Originally Posted by Keewee
Its thick and I imagine should be used sparingly. (I hated it, fyi).
My Photobucket Album
So far, I do not like this much. I plan on using it a different way...
After my hair dries... with some Curl Keeper (new to me! love it for the humid days!) and Max Green I am going to scrunch some of the Tweak in to give it even more hold!
I did a Curlmart order just to get the Tweek sample (such a PJ). I got Oyin conditoner and Curl Junkie deep fix or something.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Oh, no, have-to-order-so-I-can-get-a-sample-of-the-Tweek!

CK here I come!!!!!!
I really like this product. But I found you have to be as a wild in your manipulations as he is in the video with it to be effective. Massaging it into your scalp gives you a bunch of root lift, running it down individual strands "perks" up the curls and the finish move of ponytail twist really smoothes down the frizzies.

For someone who is looking for thicker hair, it really adds a layer of thickness to.

My method: emulsifying two nickel sized blobs - first one to massage roots and play with hair, second to do the ponytail twist.

I ordered from CHS direct and got a sample size with the 4oz.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
I just sold mine on the swap board. My hair hated it. As I tried to scrunch it in, it would pull the curls into a frizzy mess and then my hair felt very stringy and producty. At $20 for a 4oz bottle, I am glad my hair didn't like it. I am keeping the sample size just in case someday its long enough to pull up and then I think it would work for me.
3b, modified CG, short inverted bob living in Central Jersey