Tweek-anyone?

I just sold mine on the swap board. My hair hated it. As I tried to scrunch it in, it would pull the curls into a frizzy mess and then my hair felt very stringy and producty. At $20 for a 4oz bottle, I am glad my hair didn't like it. I am keeping the sample size just in case someday its long enough to pull up and then I think it would work for me.
Originally Posted by curlyclaudia
ditto.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Well, I used it this morning on 2nd day hair and I'm still not sure what I think about it. It did seem to "neaten" my hair up a bit so it's a little more presentable than my normal 2nd day hair and gave it some lift up off the scalp, but other than that, not much. I think you have to have pretty good 2nd day hair to begin with because it doesn't really change anything or perform any miracles. Where I think it will help me is with 2nd or 3rd day updos. Since my hair is on the soft side, it's sometimes hard to get my hair up and this stuff does stiffen it up a wee bit and I think it would make it much easier to get my hair up. I think it's just what it says it is -- a light hairspray in cream form. I'll have to keep playing with it. Also, I had to use quite a bit of it and since it comes in a 4-oz. bottle, I don't see it lasting very long.
Originally Posted by msgiblet
I have to say I was not impressed with TWEEK and all the hype! I tried it a couple times, scrunching it in working it through like the video and it was not happening! I think for the price it's just not worth it, unless you can get a sample I wouldn't bother buying it. So all of you PJ's hold on to your wallet until the next miracle product comes along!!! ME included of course.......
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by curlyclaudia
ditto.
Originally Posted by rudeechick
Hey Rudee what do you use on your hair once it's dry now that Tweek didn't work for you?
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

I also felt that it is hard to apply to dry hair, and really frizzes it up more than anything else, but I have found a use for it. I'm always looking for more lift at the roots, so I am applying a small amount (dime-sized) to the roots with my fingertips, then clip the roots up for a couple of minutes while it dries and it works great!
3a/b
co-wash: Kirkland (Costco) Hydrating Conditioner
low-poo: DevaCurl Low-Poo
conditioner: Giovanni Deeper Moisture Smooth as Silk
leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave in
styling: Botticelli Botanicals FSG, FOTE Aloe Vera Gel, Pink Boots, Batia & Aleeza Bio-Herbal Mineral Sculpting Gel, CHS Tweek, Curlisto Unruly Paste
Fine to normal texture with normal porosity

password: curly
I'm having the total opposite experience. I LOVE this stuff. I use it all the time now. Expecially right after I have scrunched the crunch out of my hair. I run it over the canopy to reduce frizz, and then use it in my hands as I scrunch the roots a bit. It really helps me get more body, and then hold that body in my hair longer.

Beauty Blog :
www.MeghanDidIt.wordpress.com
Originally Posted by CalamityM
Are you only scrunching your roots from underneath and not scrunching the canopy at all? This is where I have a problem with it -- as soon as I start scrunching, I end up with a mass of frizz!! Are you using it for 2nd day hair at all and, if so, how are your doing it?

Originally Posted by CalamityM
I'm loving this stuff too. Gives me soft hold, volume without pouf and significantly decreases the frizz. I do the root massage, and then instead of just over my canopy I do the ponytail twist in the video and might follow up with a few scrunches on the hair. I use two pea size .. one for massaging roots, the other for pony twist and scrunching.

Works beautifully for multi-day hair.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
I'm not finding that it works any miracles for second day hair. I used it once, because I HAD to go out, and couldn't re-wet my hair. I much prefer my hair washed, and restyled vs using tweak. I DO like the product...I just don't think it will revitalize my limp second day hair. I have the type of hair that has to be totally wet and restyled for it to look good. I can't sleep on my hair, and go the next day. It just looks to flat and limp. Tweek won't revive my hair, but I DO like it as a style aid. I am using it on areas of friz at the top of my canopy, and I scrunch in a little at the roots for volume sometimes.

Beauty Blog :
www.MeghanDidIt.wordpress.com
Originally Posted by CalamityM
Me too! Or after being in the car with the windows down

Sooo, basically, what is Tweek good for? The description is confusing. Is it supposed to just "hold" your style, like a hairspray, or provie lift and volume, which I do not need!!

My hair is so huge as it is!

Does it smooth out frizzy areas without feeling sticky or creating more frizz? Once my hair is dry, if I dare touch it, it FRIZZES! I want a REASON to try this stuff, though... heh heh

TIA!
3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair!
Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!

My hair is so huge as it is!

TIA!
Originally Posted by tooj68
I've tried it several times for 2nd day hair and my hair also has too much body. It didn't increase the body and initially it seemed to calm the friz out of the curls except on the top. But by the end of the day I was frizzy. It is not sticky, which is good. So basically it reduced my friz on 2nd day hair for a few hours.
I use Loob sometimes on my 2nd day hair. From what I am reading, tweek is sort of like the loob. Has anybody else used loob on 2nd day hair?
I decided to post because a lot of people seem to be trying Tweek for the purpose of getting more volume in their hair. My goal is always to get my curls to lay down and get a grip! I had a great hair day yesterday. It was a wash day and a Saturday so I had lots of time to let it dry. I went through my normal routine (curlkeeper, re:coil, plop, Angell). But my crown, as usual looked flat. And my bottom ends stuck out, giving me somewhat of the triangle shape that I loathe...So I decided to try the Tweek that I got on the swap board, finally. Here's what I did:
At the roots, I very carefully used my finger tips to lift up my curls and coat the hair near the roots with Tweek. Then, I lifted the curls on the sides and scrunch with some Tweek for lift. Then, emulsified some Tweek on my palms and squeezed the curls in the back on the bottom to get them to clump together a bit.
This is hard to explain...Here's a pic of how my hair turned out though. You can see that it's no longer triangle shaped and the roots have lift, thanks to TWEEK. I like the effect and recommend the product for this purpose. (sorry the pic is so big. i can't seem to figure this out. it's always to small or too big. lol)

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Last edited by Celebration; 10-26-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: wow. big pic, eh?
Celebration - your hair is SPECTACULAR!
Waist length spirals - 3a/b
Fave co-wash: Suave Coconut
Fave shampoo: Batia & Aleeza, Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (once every 2 weeks)
Fave conditioner: Back to Basics green tea
DT: Curl Junkie banana/hibiscus
Styling: BotticelliBabe's gelee, brulee and butter - all natural and AWESOME!!!

Celebration - your hair is SPECTACULAR!
Originally Posted by mdwileygrl
Oh my! Thanks.

I wish everyday was Saturday so I could spend all day on it. And I wish every one was a Curly Girl so I could walk around talking about my hair all day!!!

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Celebration -- your hair is absolutely gorgeous! You make me want to try the Tweek again.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
Thanks, msgiblet. I am really quite sold on it. The very first time I used it, my hair was a little damp and I got a bit of a sticky mess. But when I was patient, and waited til completely dry, it worked wonders for defining my curls and lifting the roots. I can't say how it would work on 2nd day hair, as I can never seem to get 2nd day hair to work and so I don't even try anymore...

Originally Posted by Celebration
I haven't had much luck with it no matter how I try it. I always end up with a dry, frizzy mess, however, I haven't tried it right on the roots on top. It would be nice if it worked just right there to give some more lift.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
MsG - Will you come back please let us know if this worked for you, too?

Originally Posted by msgiblet
MsG - Will you come back please let us know if this worked for you, too?
Originally Posted by Celebration
Oops, I keep forgetting to try it again. I will have to remember and then, yes, I will report back.