Kinky Curly at Whole Foods

I don't know... you could call your local WF and check probably since store regions don't always match geographical regions.
ETA: Looking at the WF site, Florida is its own region aside from the South region.

I guess one could check with her own local WF if your region wasn't listed.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Last edited by redcelticcurls; 08-15-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Poor rcc, don't you know you're now the WF authority?
Woo hoo. You girls are awesome researchers. I am checking my mid-atlantic Whole Foods tomorrow (I am in central VA, so this should bode well for those of you in the DC/NOVA area if I find it, since you guys normally get things even before us).

I will report back tomorrow.
botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
-Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
-Giovanni Direct Leave-In
-FOTE aloe vera gel
Lol! I know! I'm thinking - wait I work at Trader Joe's, not Whole Foods, lol.

I did fire off amother email to Shelley asking about the Midwest region, but then I got hit with the other regions. Who knows, maybe they only introduce a new product in a few regions. I know that with TJ's the coastal regions have stuff that my store (in the Midwest region) doesn't have. Maybe WF works in a similar manner. They might not want to go into every region if they don't get good sales in the first regions. That's all conjecture though.

As big as we are, you'd think we'd have a WF employee here.

Being the weekend, I don't expect a reply from Kinky Curly until Monday. But, asking your individual WF (ask for the Whole Body dept) sounds like a good idea.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

I will report back tomorrow.
Originally Posted by franfaircloth
Let us know. I can just picture my husband's reaction when I tell him what he'll be doing on his next business trip (his company is in DC, but he works out of our house in MA)
If anyone hears anything about the Northeast region, I'd love to know!
"Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
I'm going to call my local one first. I notice the article is local to Florida and they probably have a different inventory mix than New England, especially the area I live in.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe

Where in New England? I'm outside of Boston and my closest WF is Framingham/Natick. Let me know what yours says.

Originally Posted by vwlizard
From the above post with Shelly's (KCCC founder) quote, it doesn't look like N. England or Northeast is in the mix. Why am I not surprised?
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

do you know if the WF in Pittsburgh has it already?

(I'll be able to stop by the store next week but I can't wait to find out )

P.S. I made a haircut appt with Eddie -- can't wait too

I just checked. WF in central VA (Charlottesville) does NOT have it in yet.
botticelli-ish bob.

CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
pw: manycurls

Originally Posted by mitabird
Thanks!

Hope they will eventually carry it.

do you know if the WF in Pittsburgh has it already?

(I'll be able to stop by the store next week but I can't wait to find out )

P.S. I made a haircut appt with Eddie -- can't wait too
Originally Posted by baika
I was down there earlier in the week. Didn't see it but wasn't looking. I may swing by tomorrow or Monday.

Have fun with your appt with Eddy!

Originally Posted by mitabird
Ah, that's what I get for not reading the thread through.

I wonder how WF decides what region to release thing in to start out with.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I checked the Marietta store today....no Kinky Curly.

4a/3c combo with 4b in the front

Hair Goal: Shoulder Length and Curly before April 2010!

"Call me Kinky, Call me Nappy...
It's just Semantics!
"

Products I am currently loving:
Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner
Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Conditioner
Anita Grant Cafe Latte
Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

I HATE where I live. Lansing has NOTHING here. No Deva products, only ONE place that happens to carry the re:coil brand (not that I like it, but still), no Whole Foods, no Chik-fil-A or Sonic (I LOVE these two placs...)...

Hell, the closest Whole Foods is 58 miles away in friggin ANN ARBOR and ChickFilA is TOLEDO (w/ a Sonic coming soon! LOL!)
Originally Posted by carrie640
I'm in Michigan too. I purchase my Deva products at Beauty First Store/Salon. You have a Beauty First in Lansing at the Eastwood Towne Center. Their phone number is 517-485-7783. Go to www.beautyfirst.com for all their store locations.
Sorry to guano...

Baika, are you going to school in Pgh? If you are down near the WF and Salon Cercone, you'll be near the TJ's where I work. I'm there Tues-Sat 2-10 at the Demo counter if you ever feel like stopping by for teh sample food & coffee.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I checked the Fort Lauderdale (US1 just South of Oakland Park Blvd.) WF today and they don't have it.

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls

Can't you convince Trader Joe's to carry it? Aren't they big on shopper's requests. Maybe if you print off this thread you can convince them.

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls

Originally Posted by vwlizard
It costs too much for TJ's I'm sure. The KCCC would be one of the most expensive single items in the store.