Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 AM   #41

Snarls's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by sarahthewarrior View Post
What about the Midwest?!?
I guess we're supposed to make our own out of corn and soybeans.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Snarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #42

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Originally Posted by Castella View Post
Originally Posted by sarahthewarrior View Post
What about the Midwest?!?
I guess we're supposed to make our own out of corn and soybeans.
Perhaps a new use for Ethanol?
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #43

Kitara's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

I'm sure it will never make it to my WF. We don't even have Jane Carter.
Kitara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #44

Snarls's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

Wait, other people can get Jane Carter at their WF?! That tears it! I am so complaining. My WF has a ridiculously small selection of hair and skin products, and they don't carry anything that isn't already available locally in co-ops and granola stores. This is an outrage!

I'm quite sure that ethanol will have some byproduct similar to mineral oil that will eventually end up in cosmetic formulations. And apparently this summer produced a bumper soy bean crop! So keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming Soy Curly line!
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Snarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #45

Join Date: Jul 2008

Sorry to guano...

Baika, are you going to school in Pgh? If you are down near the WF and Salon Cercone, you'll be near the TJ's where I work. I'm there Tues-Sat 2-10 at the Demo counter if you ever feel like stopping by for teh sample food & coffee.
Yes, I study at Pitt. I've been in that TJ several times! I'll look for you next time I'm there. I'm sure I'll recognize your pretty curls
baika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #46

Originally Posted by baika View Post
Sorry to guano...

I usually keep my hair bunned or otherwise up at work though, so maybe not.

I got an email from Shelley about other WF regions.
From the looks of it, if it isn't in your region/store, your best route would to be to email the company since WF has the say of which stores get what when. The more the merrier.

"not sure about the midwest as I dont think they are
accepting new hair products. As for the other
regions...it is really just a waiting game for them to
actually put the product on the shelf since space is
at a minimum in most stores. I feel like saying to
them I will send a fold out table to each store, just
hurry up and put it up for sale...LOL"

And for full disclosure, Kinky Curly will be updating their website. Shelley contacted me since she knew of me because I was on her Myspace friends list (I friended the KC page since I love the stuff). Mysteryflavored and I will have pics up on the new site since they want to show some variety in hair type useage. I'm not on the payroll or anything. I figure I better mention it so people know I'm not shilling. Shillers bug me, so I'm going for the disclosure route.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #47
cjc

Join Date: Jun 2004

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Lol! I know! I'm thinking - wait I work at Trader Joe's, not Whole Foods, lol.

I did fire off amother email to Shelley asking about the Midwest region, but then I got hit with the other regions. Who knows, maybe they only introduce a new product in a few regions. I know that with TJ's the coastal regions have stuff that my store (in the Midwest region) doesn't have. Maybe WF works in a similar manner. They might not want to go into every region if they don't get good sales in the first regions. That's all conjecture though.

As big as we are, you'd think we'd have a WF employee here.

Being the weekend, I don't expect a reply from Kinky Curly until Monday. But, asking your individual WF (ask for the Whole Body dept) sounds like a good idea.
Since you work at Trader Joes...do you know if they will be opening any stores in So. Fl? I usually have to stock up when I go to NY. Thanks
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #48

Originally Posted by cjc View Post
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Lol! I know! I'm thinking - wait I work at Trader Joe's, not Whole Foods, lol.

As big as we are, you'd think we'd have a WF employee here.

I don't know official policy. But, from general chit chat, I don't think they'll go further south into FL until they get a southern warehouse. Right now the southern stores are warehoused out of Chicago, so every truck that comes to the southern stores comes from Chicago every day. Obviously, that's not the most effective logistics. I think there are plans (don't know how long term) for a warehouse around Atlanta so that they can eventually get more into the SE. That'll be awhile though.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #49

mysteryflavored's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007

Location: North NJ or NYC
mysteryflavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #50

Heh!

Well, there has been some drama with newer people showing up and loving a brand but not showing pics or getting in depth with posts or whatnot, so I figure I'd better be honest here.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #51

hadtochangemyname's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

I already posted this on the other thread, but I was at WF in Arlington TX and they said they don't have it, never did, have no plans on having it, and that NO OTHER WF STORES HAVE IT according to their computer

whatever

Odd, though, considering that WF is HQ in TX.
hadtochangemyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #52

LoloDSM's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Heh!

Woo hoo! You guys are famous! Very cool! Maybe you'll get free product.
Loose botticelli curls and waves
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
LoloDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #53

mysteryflavored's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by LoloDSM View Post

Heh!

Woo hoo! You guys are famous! Very cool! Maybe you'll get free product.
You have NO FATHOMABLE IDEA.

Location: North NJ or NYC
mysteryflavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #54

Saria's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

I'm thinking that if Whole Foods is selling it, the 24th street Whole Foods here in NYC would have it. That Whole Foods is smaller overall than the other NYC Whole Foods, but their Whole Body is a separate store on the same block, so they carry a lot of things. The Soho WF is a possibility too, since that WF is a whole block long. So, if they do sell it, it'd probably be in one of those. I will check at the 24th street one out of curiosity, though I got mine at Ricky's.
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #55

Join Date: Sep 2008

i agree no kccc in north dallas either I called and called sprouts and sallys for good measure
silveropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #56

mitabird's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2003

I went to whole foods today to buy some witch hazel and they now carry KCCC and KCKT. I did resist the urge to buy it. I live in the Pittsburgh area.
Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
pw: manycurls
mitabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #57

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I keep checking whenever I stop in to a Whole Foods in MA and so far no Kinky Curly products.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote