L'Oreal Melting Gel

that's so cool... never happens to me lol

Let us know how it works
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
It's still wet right now, but I have a very good feeling about this. All my other gels over LOOB stuck to it and pulled hairs out of my clumps....big frizz! But the texture of this stuff is great, it just slips right over it! I'mm update when it's dry!
Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz

Take pictures!
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Why is it only when you're going to have a good hair day that your camera is broken? ....and you have nowhere to go but to bed?!

aaaaaaaaaaamen. And it NEVER looks as good the next day... *sigh*
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Yay!! Second-day hair! I just spritzed it with water, scrunched a bit, diffused and smoothed two drops of grapeseed oil on the drier spots. Third-day hair may be a possibility. I am loving this gel!! I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh it down at all.
Originally Posted by latetocurls
I've never ever gotten second day hair, even with the best products. Even when I was younger and it was significantly curlier. Oh well. I've been using this stuff for almost a month and am STILL in love.
Dark Brown Boticellis.
Current Routine: L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss conditioner, Light Headed Melting Gel. Weekly shampoo with Dramatics Color Care shampoo.
Ok it's about 75% dry right now and I can tell...this is a hit. I've got spirals everywhere! And I can only feel just an eensy bit of crunch. Don't tell my mom, but she's never getting this back..

P.S. MimsTX, I just looked at your Fotki and I have to say......................I hate you.
Don't take it personally. Your hair just does everything I've ever wanted my hair to do...And more! Not FAIR!

.I'm a PJ.

lol, I thank you sincerely for the compliments but BELIEVE ME when I say this...

You would NOT have said that if you'd seen it earlier today! I got so frustrated during the course of the work day that I tossed it up with a pencil and seriously contemplated hacking it off with my scissors :P Did a protein treatment tonight though and I think that's all it needed but OY... I was down to poofy, clumpy 2B/2C waves and I wasn't a very happy camper lol
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Haha your bad hair day probably looks similar to what I consider a good hair day =P But I just bought my first bottle of sulphate free poo yesterday so you never know...maybe I can finally get some giant spirals like in the avator you've got there!

.I'm a PJ.

P.S. Just so everyone knows, this, LOOB, and all the other L'Oreal Studio line products are on sale for $2.99 at CVS this week!

.I'm a PJ.

oooooooooh, i'm going to have to stock up. Thanks for the tip!

And I hope the modified CG routine works for ya! Have you tried going completely conditioner free?
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
The mod-CG thing is working really well so far. I can already see the difference.
I think you meant poo-free, right? I haven't tried that yet. I'm sure I will eventually, but for now I'm kind of hesitant. Just because my hair needs light cones (a-cone, peg mod d-cone) to look it's best and I think I at least need the c-betaine. One day...!

.I'm a PJ.

it'll probably be easier on your hair to do a smooth transition, versus going cold turkey too. And some people's hair just does better with the shampoo *shrug*

I say whatever works! lol
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Okay guys, I'm gonna be honest...I nixed this from my routine after using it for a couple of days. Since I started using it, I noticed my hair getting frizzier and frizzier...Not good. I think it's not working well with my low-poo. This does have peg mod d-cone really high up on the list, so....Just a warning!

.I'm a PJ.

yeah, some people just do better without any kind of cone I think.

For me, I haven't noticed any build up, but then I don't use it every time I style either. I tend to rotate things around, and I probably use the melting gel about every 3rd time.

It washes clean from my hair with very little effort though.
I'm so weak...
So I decided to pick this up...
Just had to see why there's 2 pages for this thread!

Well I rushed home to wash my hair and give it a go! I have to say, I love the way it feels! Who knew! Slip in a gel? yea!! Very cool! very slippery, easy to distribute! My hair isn't even dry yet and I can tell I'm gonna love it! At this point, it seems WAY 2 GOOD 2 B TRUE.... I'll check in later to provide an update. But already I feel like this going to be a keeper!
"It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have"

3b/c curls, I think
Hair Journal
My Curly Journey

Previously Curlyblasian and Smallfry, but my account locked me out, twice!
yeah, some people just do better without any kind of cone I think.

It washes clean from my hair with very little effort though.
Originally Posted by MimsTX
Hmm..I think I will try that rotation. I had such good results the first day, I hope it works again!!

.I'm a PJ.

I honestly hate all of you! Sadly, I'm a die hard PJ, so when I heard about this gel and saw this thread I stopped at a nearby drugstore during my lunch period to pick some up. I'll be back with the results after I shower and apply toniiiight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:
Since joining two days ago I have purchased

Giovanni 505-50 low poo
Giovanni tea tree low-poo
Giovanni smooth as silk condish
HE body envy weightless voluming gel
KY jelly
L'oriel Tightly Wound

...

But I think I'm going to have to try this too. Argh!
lol, it works well for me with the tightly wound

At least its' cheap!!!

And you might consider the LOOB too (L'oreal Out of Bed). It has a water soluble cone in it, but it can give some nice definition if your hair likes it