Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #61

Join Date: Mar 2005

I'm resurrecting this thread because I've changed my mind about this gel. My hair is longer now and it seems to work very well. It has some nice curl formation without crunchiness.

Anyway, I'm having some difficulty in finding this gel (or any L'Oreal products). They seem to be scarce. Are they discontinuing them? Forgive me if this has already been discussed elsewhere or if it has, could you steer me to the thread?

Also, does anyone know of a drugstore gel that is similar? Thanks.
Maudie
Maudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #62

izzytart's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

You mean this one:

(Or the previous incarnation in the clear plastic container?)

The new incarnation is all over the place here in Northern California. I buy it at RiteAid. Where are you located?
"when I sleep, my curls crush flat, like a slinky that's slopped sideways"
Gone 'girly. Last 'poo 10/18/08
Current experiment is Co-Wash and Condition: V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
Then KBB super silky, KCCC, then L'Oreal Melting Gel with a bit of GF Super Stiff mixed in.
Pre-toweling, post-toweling, pre-plop and post-plop. The jury is not out on the plopping thing. I think my hair is too fine.
fine / non-porous / thin aka 3"abba" / oh so Fine / just barely ii
izzytart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #63

Join Date: Mar 2005

Yes, I mean the one in the link. Walgreen's was having a sale and I bought the last one on the shelf for $2.99. We don't have Rite-Aids here, but I appreciate your help.
Maudie
Maudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #64

izzytart's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

Hopefully it's just a distribution issue and you'll have more soon
"when I sleep, my curls crush flat, like a slinky that's slopped sideways"
Gone 'girly. Last 'poo 10/18/08
fine / non-porous / thin aka 3"abba" / oh so Fine / just barely ii
izzytart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #65

aislin's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

I don't think this is an uncommon problem, not being able to find this gel that is, at least not in my area. I have Meijers, Krogers, Walmarts, Rid Aids, Walgreens, you name it and it's here, and this gel still remains mainly illusive. It's a lucky day that I see this gel sitting on the shelf or even Loreal Tightly Wound. It might just be best to buy a bunch online- for what you'd pay in gas looking for it, it may be worth it.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin is offline   Reply With Quote