Old 08-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #1

Default Earthly Delight?

I got a conditioner by this brand, after a trip to Whole Foods (which turned out to be a very expensive trip). Has anyone seen these products? Anyone tried them? It's an all-natural product with a fairly simple ingredient list. In any case, I guess I'll be giving some info as soon as I try it. Of course, part of me wants to go back for the shampoo while I'm at it . . .
And then there's the matter of all the wonderful things I've read about Karen's Body Beautiful, tempting me to visit the store tomorrow and pick up a few things. Sigh, joining this site could turn out to be very expensive!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:39 AM   #2

bunniee23's Avatar

Join Date: May 2003

I looove this conditioner! It's very moisturizing, and a little goes a long way for me. My hair is wavy though, so someone with a different hair type might need a bit more.

It makes a great leave-in too.
Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
bunniee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #3

Join Date: Aug 2008

That's good to know. I have fairly dry hair, and I usually need a good amount of conditioner. Have you tried either one of the shampoos (there were two, one had cinnamon like the conditioner, the other I think was more herbal)?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #4

Join Date: Nov 2007

I saw the pomade and was like oooh, till I saw the $15 price tag. Plus the ingredients aren't worth $15.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #5

bunniee23's Avatar

Join Date: May 2003

Originally Posted by Sairis View Post
I haven't tried the Earthly Delight shampoos yet. I'm trying to use up my supply of shampoo bars.

oh I should mention the conditioner has glycerin and proteins, which some people may not like. for me it's working great so far.
bunniee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #6

Join Date: Aug 2008

Updating to say I love these products and to post a site where people can get Earthly Delight online (otherwise you can get them at NY Whole Foods stores). I ended up buying the herbal shampoo because the conditioner just feels so nice on my hair.

Willner Chemists sells these products. They have two stores here in NY and one in Atlanta. You can order through their site:

And these are the ingredients for the herbal shampoo and the conditioner:

Herbal Shampoo: Distilled water, sage, rosemary, nettles, wheatgerm soap, horsetails, essential oils of ylang ylang, neroli & sweet orange.

Hair Conditioner: Deionized water, vegetable glycerine, rice bran oil, avocado oil, wheatgerm protein, panthanol, amino acids, vegetable emulsifying wax, essential oils of neroli, cinnamon & coconut.

Last edited by Saria; 10-06-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #7

Join Date: Oct 2008

Does anyone know where to find this product in Virginia?
SisoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #8

Join Date: Aug 2008

You can try your local Whole Foods, but they might not have it, since it is a NY-based product.

Last edited by Saria; 10-07-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #9

Join Date: Oct 2008

So I went to whole foods and I picked up earthly delight and the hugo naturals red tea conditoner. The hugo natural smells good but the earthly delight has great slip and left my hair soft. I left it on my hair for about an hour I had a small amount of dandruff prior but one I rinsed this out my scalp was fine I guess it fights dandruff too who would've thought? Thanks for letting us know about this great conditioner sairis how good is their shampoo? I wish the conditioner came in a larger size.
freshwaterpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #10

Join Date: Nov 2007

so i found the pomade at a shop in brooklyn but alas no shampoo or condish. but i see there are two wilner chemists in the city so i may try and pick some of the conditioner up.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #11

Join Date: Aug 2008

She has two shampoos. I have the herbal one. The other is called Tropical Rain, and I think it's more of a moisturizing shampoo. I love the herbal shampoo. It leaves hair feeling nice and clean without drying it out (and my hair is pretty dry).
Glad you're liking the conditioner. The Hugo is nice too, it's just lighter. I use it when I feel I need a little less moisture.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #12

A_la_Nap-tural's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

I'm using the tropical rain shampoo and the conditioner currently. The shampoo leaves me with this squeaky clean feeling and it's got a really good lather. I did some research on the ingredients...

Nettle and Horsetail promote hair growth and rosemary stimulates the scalp and nourishes follicles to do the same.

I like how thick the conditioner is. I BC'd not too long ago, so it doesn't take a lot for me. I bet it'd make a good leave in concoction... Hmmmmm.....
www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST!

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu

A_la_Nap-tural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #13

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Don't you already have like a thousand shampoos and conditioners, you irrepressible PJ?!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #14

scarriecarrie's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
I'm coming to NY so you 2 can take me to all of the hot curly spots. Are there any that you guys don't know about??? Is there any product you haven't uncovered yet? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
scarriecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #15

Join Date: Aug 2008

Oh, come on, I've got nothing on her!
Heh, well, I at least resist trying the products I find once in a while.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #16

A_la_Nap-tural's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

I've decided that I don't care for the shampoo. It leaves my hair very with that squeaky clean feeling, kinda stripped. I don't like it. When I use the conditioner it makes it all better though. But still... Full (95%) bottle of Tropical Rain Shampoo up for grabs in NY anyone?
www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST!

A_la_Nap-tural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #17

Originally Posted by scarriecarrie View Post
Originally Posted by empressri View Post

heheheh!! come forth curly one, let me take you to my hair palace

Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #18

Join Date: Nov 2007

I found the condish! Muahahaaa the whole foods out near my school had ONE bottle left and it's mine mine mine! There were tons of their shampoo there which made me go hmm, so I didn't get it. Still would like to try it though.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #19

scarriecarrie's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by empressri View Post

Are there enough days in the year and hair on your head to try all the products you own??? Hehehe!! There aren't enough for me.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
scarriecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #20

Originally Posted by scarriecarrie View Post
Originally Posted by empressri View Post

hehe!! see im so funny, ill try ALL of the items (well most, depending) from a line at once!! so everything gets used at some point or another. plus, i switch up depending on the season.

ive been good lately though lol i actually liquidated part of my stash, can you believe?? (only to make room for more muahahaa!!!)