09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Here are the list of mousses that I've used on either myself or my daughter's (2b) wavy hair.
The hairspray I like best is Aveda's Brilliant hairspray. I don't use it very often though. If I want some hold on my curls, I'll often use Jane Carter Solution's Spray Gel. It behaves similar to a spray, but is less drying.
- Joico's Joiwhip: Strongest mousse I've tried. Dried quite crunchy though. If I use SheaM as a leave-in beforehand, I still had great curls and strong hold, but not as much crunch.
- AG gel mousse: Works really well. It is a bit too soft for me, but works really well on my daughter's hair. She easily gets 3 day hair with this one.
- Ouidad's Playcurl foaming mousse: Very good results .. consistency is like foaming soap, but same results as mousse.
- Loma's Curl Mousse: Also very good ... same as above, more like foaming soap than mousse
- Paul Mitchell's Styling Foam: Not bad, but not as good as any of the above IMO.
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
Last edited by FrizzBgone; 09-02-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Reason: ETA hairspray info