AG Recoil

Does the AG Recoil have much hold? Can it be used without any gel. Also does it dry crunchy?
Originally Posted by KarenRB53

I've used it without gel and it looked good. I just prefer a med hold gel with it for that extra oomph and lasting effect.

No crunch. I use always over a LI so it won't dry me up.

YOu won't know how it is on your hair until you try it. Lots of reviews here on CurlTalk and on CurlMart. It's a HG for many people and one of my fave curl enhancers, particularly for the summer. It really does quell my frizz on humid days and really gets my lazy curls to "coil". So, really, just send off for a sample (or whole tube) and see how it is on your hair before summer is over. Trust me, you wanna test this for hot/humid.

Below: First two pics: Re:coil without gel first time I tried it in April. April has curl-friendly weather (warm, some moisture, not summer-nuts moisture). Rest are three other uses of it with a medium hold gel from May through July. Diffused in all cases at least half-way dry. It's one of my more reliable "good hair" day products in this weather:
Attached Thumbnails
AG Recoil-firstcutwithteri-aprl-23-1010-side-sun.jpg   AG Recoil-firstcutwithteri-april-23-2010-back.jpg   AG Recoil-mystery-gel-1-recoil-may-2010.jpg   AG Recoil-july-31-2010-cj-ag-mg1-flamenco-nars-mac-rder-ethereal-custom.jpg
Attached Images

3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 08-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Originally Posted by KarenRB53

No crunch. I use always over a LI so it won't dry me up.

Originally Posted by MirCurls

Do you know if kathymack has samples of the AG recoil?
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
I don't use Re:Coil very often, but just gave it a try recently. I used MD curl cream as a LI, followed by Re:Coil and a small amount of Tigi's Head Shrink gel. It worked out great. I had lots of tight curls, volume and no frizz. The MD products were a great combination with the Re:Coil. I think they balance any dryness the Re:Coil causes.
What is MD?
bumping because I have the same question. What is MD? It's not on the list of acronyms.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high.
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Originally Posted by curlypearl
MD is Marie Dean. It's a really nice product line that kathymack reviewed here:
Marie Dean
She also has samples if you are interested.
3B, fine, low/normal porosity
CG - July 2009
CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
Too many others to list!
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
I've been using Re:coil more than usual this summer and love the volume. Today I used Jessicurl WDT as a LI (to counter the dryness). Not a good combo for me! Although my hair felt great, it was frizz city! I don't do frizz! This looks like a great combo FBg! Will give it a go with my MD.
Originally Posted by angel29ish
What are you using in your signature pic? I feel like our hair is very similar based on that pic.
3a/b.
I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
Originally Posted by BamaCurlyQ
Well, uh, I'm embarrassed to say I absolutely cannot remember! I'm terrible at keeping track of what product I used with what pics. I would have to say it may have been Curl Junkie products of some sort. Sorry I can't be specific. I really do have to start recording the products with my pictures.
3B, fine, low/normal porosity
CG - July 2009
Too many others to list!

Originally Posted by angel29ish
Don't apologize! I'm the same way...if only I could remember what I used to use when I liked the way it curled several years ago!!

I just ordered the AG Re:Coil and the AG Fast Food. I was planning on doing the FF, CK and then the Re:Coil and maybe add Ouidad CC on top if needed.... here goes nothing!!

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

I have curl keeper and Ag coil and get a ton of frizz. I think I'm ditching curl keeper but would need a LI. What LI work well with this (preferably a drugstore brand) and do I need a gel with it. I have fine 3b hair with high frizz!!!
Originally Posted by mom2boys
Have you thought about adding a stronger gel on top of the two? I use Ouidad Climate Control gel and it's great!

When I got home today, the AG Fast Food and RE:Coil was on my doorstep (yes, I got excited!!). We'll see how it works with my other products!

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Wouldn't hurt to try a gel...it just makes my hair so dry looking.
Wouldn't hurt to try a gel...it just makes my hair so dry looking.
Originally Posted by mom2boys
Ouidad's climate control gel doesn't seem to give me dry looking, I actually get comments on how shiny my hair looks!

Originally Posted by BamaCurlyQ

So I've been experimenting with the Re:Coil and I have found that a LI and it alone will NOT work. It makes have have an undefined poofy head of hair and I don't like that one bit. I'm going to try HETT with it tomorrow.... we'll see if I pull my hair up mid-day or not!!!

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Has anyone combined Recoil with KCCC? I just tried Recoil yesterday over Giovanni Direct LI with decent results. I got some frizz and I obviously needed a gel over it. KCCC acts as a curl enhancer on my hair and Recoil did too. I'm just not sure if its too much.
Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/s...7610671796089/
I have never used the KCCC but I have read that it works well with the Re:coil
Toronto, Ontario Curlie
2c/3a Fine Texture/Normal Porostiy/Normal elasticity
Using:CJCR/CJBH, Kevin Murphy Maxi wash, AG: recoil, JCCC, DBPSC, SSPT, SSPS, CHSCK
Air Dry only!
Want to take my new found knowledge and apply it to make lovely lush locks!
Living life one curl at a time!
I have never used the KCCC but I have read that it works well with the Re:coil
Originally Posted by aunttallulah
Great! I'll try it tonight or tomorrow. I want my hair to look awesome for Saturday night so I'm trying to nail down my routine now. lol
Monthly Treatment: Henna

Epona - I think you might be my hair twin! I don't use the same products, but I do have the same properties!
Toronto, Ontario Curlie
2c/3a Fine Texture/Normal Porostiy/Normal elasticity
Air Dry only!
Want to take my new found knowledge and apply it to make lovely lush locks!
Living life one curl at a time!
Originally Posted by aunttallulah
Yay for hair twins! Now the PJ in me is saying I'm gonna have to give all the products in your signature a try... lol

I tried ReCoil mixed with SS FHG last night (over Giovanni Direct LI) and got awesome results. I just posted pictures of my second day hair in my flickr stream. I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'll try the ReCoil and KCCC combo tonight and see how it goes.
Monthly Treatment: Henna

I nearly always get good second day hair with Re:coil. Epona, your "a moment ago" second day hair flickr pic....curls are looking faboo!!!
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Originally Posted by MirCurls
Thanks! I'm so happy with the results I'm getting with ReCoil. I'm noticing a little dryness with it today so I think I'll try a more moisturizing leave-in under it tonight and see how it goes. Yay!