AG Recoil

Epona - I highly Highly recomend the Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner. I use it as a LI. Of course some of my products will change when the weather does!
Toronto, Ontario Curlie
2c/3a Fine Texture/Normal Porostiy/Normal elasticity
Using:CJCR/CJBH, Kevin Murphy Maxi wash, AG: recoil, JCCC, DBPSC, SSPT, SSPS, CHSCK
Air Dry only!
Want to take my new found knowledge and apply it to make lovely lush locks!
Living life one curl at a time!
Epona - I think you might be my hair twin! I don't use the same products, but I do have the same properties!
Originally Posted by aunttallulah
Yay for hair twins! Now the PJ in me is saying I'm gonna have to give all the products in your signature a try... lol

I tried ReCoil mixed with SS FHG last night (over Giovanni Direct LI) and got awesome results. I just posted pictures of my second day hair in my flickr stream. I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'll try the ReCoil and KCCC combo tonight and see how it goes.
Originally Posted by EponaBlackhorse
I've been eying the Aveda gel. How do you like it?
Toronto, Ontario Curlie
2c/3a Fine Texture/Normal Porostiy/Normal elasticity
Air Dry only!
Want to take my new found knowledge and apply it to make lovely lush locks!
Living life one curl at a time!
I think Recoil with Aloe goes together well. I've used Recoil with FOTE or SS CEJ with great results.
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE
Love all SS products
Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
AG MousseGel
BRHG
I posted this on another thread but what the heck I hated that they changed Recoil and made it thinner or whatever it is that they did. I love it again when I use it with FOTE and BRHG on top. It's been a great combo for me this Summer. Normally FOTE would give me HUGE hair but with Recoil it works nicely. I tried Recoil with just BRHG or just another Gel but it didn't work the same. It gave me stringy results but with FOTE I get nice clumpy waves.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

AG-recoil is really good! i use it even if it has that non-CG approved ingredient. it smells nice and it provides great curl definition. i use 2 little dabs of it. it takes away some frizz but not all of it so i suggest to use it with something. I'm still trying to figure out with what myself, so yeah. :/
Originally Posted by mayxstatic
What non-CG approved ingredient?! It does smell nice!!

Re:Coil can be a HG for me at times, but not consistently, and I've never been able to see a pattern or figure out why. When it works, it works really well, though.
Originally Posted by auntnett
I use AG: Recoil with Aussie Aussome Volume Gel so I can use less of it and still get the great effects, though I must agree with auntnett, the effects are inconsistent...sometimes my curls look totally fab and sometimes they look like a total flub.
Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's
Unlike others, I apply re:coil before other styling products. I use one pump, mixed with the smallest size dab of Giovanni Direct Leave In. I used to apply it alone (without any problems), but when I started using the GDIL, I figured mixing two creamy products would help distribute both better, and I've been very happy with the results.

My curl pattern is more a 3A to 3C than a straight up 3B, and I find that it helps the 3A areas curl more like the rest of my hair.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
I don't much upload pics of my hair anymore, but I got insane hair today. Got compliments ALL day and even some male looks. That was novel. hahahah

Anyway, it was a Recoil and Curl Junkie combo (H&B precondish, AG poo, Curl Rehab rinse out, AG Fast Food, Re:coil, Abba Pure Style gel.) Confirms again that my magic mojo potion is:

Ah, well.

At least I've tested this threesome so much over the summer (and I'm in Miami and Dew Points were in the high seventies) and it just WORKS.

I used the SMasters Method (did not supersoak though) and had "awesome" hair indeed.
curlimami likes this.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Originally Posted by MirCurls

Ok, so I've been experimenting with AG FF and Re:Coil and I bought HETT and some Aloe Vera Gel to try with it. I started out great with those, but by the end of the day I didn't have the hold I needed and the next day was a poofy mess.

So, I went back to what I first used with Re:Coil which was CHS CK......
I washed with Pureology Hydrate, conditioned w/ Pureology Smooth and then AG FF for leave in. With hair soaking wet, I scrunched in CK and then the Re:coil (both on each side and then with my head flipped over). After I scrunched, I finger curled some of my problem areas and then just air dried.

I had GREAT hair!!! So great, I'm on my 3rd day!! Now, granted the 3rd day is a little less controlled, but I didn't pineapple last night thinking I would need to wash it today....nope I took a picture of yesterday's hair (day 2) but for some reason I can't get it to email to my computer, so i'll have to update when I get it.

I thought I was done with CK, but it looks like it will be sticking around! Great definition and no frizz! Could it be??? Nope, I'm not jinxing the combo and calling it my HG.... We'll see how my next go round comes out! But, for these past 3 days, I'm pleased!
Very Curly and Thick hair.
3a/b.
I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.

Originally Posted by MirCurls

I know your hair is a lot longer than mine but how much Recoil and how much Abba pure style gel do you use? Do you use anything at all after your hair is dried completely? My hair is still thinning (thyroid issues) and I just can't get much definition without adding enough product and then it weighs down my hair. Grr.
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
My pic taking skills of the back of my head aren't that great, but I think you can see the results of 2nd day hair!! I was pretty excited!
Attached Thumbnails
AG Recoil-iphone-pics-004.jpg
Very Curly and Thick hair.
3a/b.

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Originally Posted by KarenRB53

I don't really pay attention to how much. Honestly, I go by feel. I build up. And it wouldn't matter if I had really paid attention to how much, cause your hair isn't mine. The quantity that fits for mine won't be the same for you. You may need less if you're very,v ery easily weighed down.

And, really, we all have to experiment to see how much of what products. I still have days I use too much gel or too much flaxseed, cause that's just how it is. I may think I didn't put enough, but I gauge it wrong.

If I had to guess, I use a three-pea-size blob to rake/brush in Recoil, and then a two to three pea-size blob to scrunch in. Use about the same of Fast Food.

If hair feels less moisturized, I add more LI. Just go by how it fees, really.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

I've been eying the Aveda gel. How do you like it?
Originally Posted by aunttallulah
I like it a lot. The smell can be a bit of a turnoff (very strong alcohol smell at first but it wears off quickly). Also, it can be a little drying but I've used it off and on for the past few years and keep going back to it. It has good hold and plays well with everything I throw at it. Plus if you buy it at an Aveda store, you can return it whenever you want for a full refund if you don't like it.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I was traveling for business all last week and then had a crazy weekend. Unfortunately this travel routine looks like it will continue for the foreseeable future so I probably won't be on the forums nearly as much as I have been. I'll go ahead and apologize ahead of time for being a bit unresponsive to future posts.
3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
Poo: KC Come Clean
Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave-in: KCKT
Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/s...7610671796089/
I just bought this. What one non-CG ingredient btw?? I searched carefully!!

I am encouraged by seeing some of you use this with SS FHG and also some with BRHG. These two products are the only two that have been consistently good in my hair. I am too new to declare anything HG, but these two are contenders!

Oh, Mir. I can not bring myself to look at your pictures anymore (but you know I will!!)! Your hair is GORGEOUS. Soft, touchable (I know they are) big, fat curls that I have only when I lay down and dream at night!! Of course you got looks, sister!! I want to get to the place where I know my hair and product by feel. Clearly, I am not there.

Still curious about the non-CG ingrdient mention here. Perhaps in an older formula? I better look again before I try.

Thanks for the tips, mixes and ideas!!
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM

Originally Posted by justajesuschick
Oh, thanks. I don't have looks. I've always been homely-to-average, but I have some good days when I can look cute. Harder at 50 and being big as a fricken beached whale... Makeup helps.

I do feel I'm more ME with my hair curly, so I feel cuter. And when I see a pic of me having a good hair day, makeup on, happy--I feel pretty.

Funny how hair can make your mood higher, huh?

I like your waves. And honestly, I prefer your waves soft with less product. But that's just me. I hate producty hair, and on days when I judge what I add wrong and it looks producty, I say "ick" and hope my porous hair throws off some stuff so it can look more natural. Usually, the productyness wears away as the day or days go on, so that's not too bad.

I'm trying some totally new stuff today (Sunday is experiment day, since I have Pilates every Monday and if my hair hated the products, I can wash next day post exercise.)

It's Elucence poo, Brocato LI, Brocato Hold On, and SS CEJ. Not CG (the Brocato), but I was curious about the stuff since Goober mentioned Hold On.

Originally Posted by auntnett
I've been using Re:Coil regularly for the past month or so with consistely great results. I use it right after my leave-in (usually a little SSRPT if I use any) and before my enhancer (usually either CJCCCC lite or a smidge of regular CJCCCC that I'm trying to use up) and then later top with a gel (usually SSFHG).

Today I tried it after washing w/CJDF, no rinse-out, about a dime squirt of SSRPT as leave-in, a little more Re:coil than usual, a little EcoStyler Krystal then a little SSFHG part way thru diffusing a la Smasters method and - voila! - really great hair day, even though it wasn't quite dry when I had to SOTC and style.

I've also used it a couple of times under Got2B curly mousse topped w/Giovanni Magnetic Attraction Gel with very good results.

So, basically, my hair is just loving it right now. Whether it will in lower dews remains to be seen.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
Ulta had a "buy any "AG product, get a Fast Food tube free" sale last week, so I bought a tube of ReCoil and got the Fast Food for free, since I knew from all the posts on here that these two work well together
So far, I am loving the Re:Coil. Not thrilled that the Fast Food has cones in it. To be honest, I didn't even check before I left the store; what the heck, I figured, it was free and they work well together. So after 3+ years of being CG and not using cones, I actually used a product with cones. Not sure how I felt about that!

But the 2 products together did work great Tomorrow I am going to use the Re:Coil with my CJ LI and see what type of results I get. If they're as good as the results I got from the Fast Food, the Fast Food is history, LOL.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I did not care for AG. You can buy in on the ground at Ulta, btw.

Maybe it is the Mag that I'm sensitive to, but I found it weighed me down and dried me out. I wish I could get those kind of results from it, but it just doesn't help. This also explains why JC RR and CC don't do well for me either!

Thanks, ladies - I learn SO much from reading these boards!
Jill in St. Louis, MO
Cleanse: DC LP every 3rd day, CJ CF then
Condish: CJ Strengthening or Smoothing
Blot w/ Curl Cloth
LI: CJ BCLI or SL or CR or H&B
Style - CJ CCCC/lite, SS CEJ, CJ AF/lite/CQ & diffuse w/ clips @ crown - Pixie & DevaFuser w SIF
2nd Day Hair: spritz w/ Mr. Right & CJ CIAB
DT - 1x/week, DC HIH/JCWDT

The mag in the Re:Coil doesn't seem to bother my hair, if I use it with Fast Food. Hmmm. I used it today with a CJ LI instead of Fast Food, and while my hair looked "OK" it did not look amazing like it didd with the Re:Coil/FF combo. Interesting. Now, it could be the mag or it could be the cones in the FF. I tend to lean more toward the mag because my hair totally hates the Jessicurl products, all of them that I've tried, anyway, and that would be RR, CC, and the spray). And they have mag, right?

So today I used, CJ Curl Assurance LI, Re:Coil, and Alba gel, and CIAB to SOTC.
(I can't not use a finishing product, my hair is too heavy and coarse, it doesn't set w/o something to hold it in place, and I won't use hairspray)
I had ok hair. Not bad, just not spectacular.

Last week I used: Fast Food, Re:Coil, and Aussie Instant Freeze gel, and CIAB to SOTC and I had bloody amazing hair. I guess its back to that. I still am not happy that the FF has cones. But I do clarify with TJ's Refresh, and that's a gentle low poo, so I'm not that worried about it.

Re:coil won't replace MOP c-curl defining cream for me, but its good to alternate, and my hair likes it. Its also easier to find.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Any combo suggestions for fine thin hair? I don't like CK which seems to be a fab. BRHG is way too strong for me too.
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
CSJ - I have fine hair with thin/medium density, I'm going to give Recoil a shot tomorrow with the SCC spray gel I'm totally digging. Hopefully it will hold up. I'm going to start with a tiny amount of Recoil and go from there, from squirting a tiny bit on my finger when it arrived on my doorstep yesterday I can tell it's the kind of consistency that could weigh me down if I use too much. I'll let you know how it works w/a spray gel!
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel