AG Recoil

Cool, thanks!
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
^^ Csj - I tried this today. Emulsified it and raked it through very wet hair with a bit of LI in it. I liked the consistency of it once I emulsified. It distributed easily. Used a pea sized amount to rake, combed thru with a fine tooth comb to reform clumps/distribute, then used another pea sized amount to scrunch. Topped with SCC spray gel and a tiny bit of HETT on my ends.

Not too bad on the frizz so far. It doesn't feel producty, but there's only minor wave enhancement, if that. Nothing to really write home about. Will let you know how it holds up over the day.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

Thank for the update! SCC is the Suave Captivating Curls, correct?
BTW your hair is lovely
~Chiara~

Go To's: Aveda, Lush

Last edited by csj; 02-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Yes SCC is the captivating curls! And thank you!!

I REALLY wanted to like this stuff, like really bad, but I think the glycerin is a bit much for our winter air right now... it's not doing much to prevent frizz and it's not curl enhancing enough for me to justify using it, really. And it does feel producty on 2nd day hair.

I still really like the consistency once I emulsify and like that it's easy to distribute, and I don't seem to have much of a problem with the mag sulfate either. I think my hair is dry to begin with but this doesn't seem to make it drier. I'm going to keep it around until the summer humidity sets in and see what it does then.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Gels: SCC spray gel

Last edited by lcl0706; 03-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.
I finally got my hands on some recoil andI tried it today. From my other post..
Today I tried recoil with CK...one side of my hair I used recoil first, then Ck...other side CK first and then recoil. I liked the side with recoil first better. I think on the other side I used too much recoil, it turned out a little stringy. The side with recoil first was more "clumpy". I definitely had more crunch than With Curl keeper alone. I'm waiting to see how it looks at the end of the day. So far I like it.

I will experiment more. I used satin roots leave in, sealed with coconut oil, recoil and then curl keeper. I like this combo.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Im going to try this heard its expensive though.

Sexy Clubwear dress, Fashion Tops, Halloween Costumes
I really like recoil! I paired a penny size with a a quarter size of CCCC then the same amount of Coil Jam, and had a really good hair day. When I put the recoil on my hair seemed to get a lot bouncier, even when it was wet.
curl type: 2c/3a
porosity: low
hair strand width: medium
density: thick
elasticity: low-normal
Shoulder length

Ready to get back on the CG bandwagon!