AG Recoil

I'd like to hear what you curlies think about AG Recoil. It was suggested I use this over Curl Keeper. AG Recoil is spendy but the reviews say it takes just a little bit but I have a lot of hair layered about to my bra strap and I know it will take more for me.

I'm also hesitant as the shipping costs seem so high and I can't seem to find it is sold retail.

Thanks for anyone who has experience with AG Recoil.
3b? curls. Curly Girl since 10/05.

Love "abba Pure Moisture Conditioner" (feels so good on the scalp, super moisturizing...I believe it really aids in growing hair long)

Newbie here 8/08 and still trying to figure out all the abbreviations but love what you all have to share.
AG-recoil is really good! i use it even if it has that non-CG approved ingredient. it smells nice and it provides great curl definition. i use 2 little dabs of it. it takes away some frizz but not all of it so i suggest to use it with something. I'm still trying to figure out with what myself, so yeah. :/

hope i helped and good luck!

Last edited by mayxstatic; 09-09-2008 at 03:17 PM.
I use Re:Coil sometimes in the winter when my curl is shy. It really encourages curl. I have hair that is BSL when pulled out and I use one pea size blob to coat all of it. While the product is expensive, I figure it'll last me 5 years using so little at a time.

And, mayxstatic, which ingredient isn't CG? I was pretty sure it was considered CG.

The magnesium sulphate in it bothers some people. Makes hair very dry and frizzy. I can't use it alone but as long as I put it on top of my CK I haven't had any problems with it.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
I haven't really seen any results with it. My hair looks exactly the same with it or without it. My hair is very curly anyway so maybe that is the problem. I will not reorder it.
I have med/coarse 3a/b curls with low porosity and normal elasticity. Thank you Live Curly Live Free!!

Basically CG since '06

Protein is my enemy

Mag. Sulfate gives me serious frizz

Loving: JCWDT, KCKT & KCCC

whatsercurl, i was talking about the magnesium sulphate (like you said haha). it doesn't really bother me since it gives me such good formation!
Mag Sulf is CG and good for curl formation. Some people cant tolerate it - like me. My hair gets dry and frizzy and matted.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
The mag sulfate in Re:coil doesn't bother me, but I think it did in the Jessicurl products. I can use this one regularly without the dry feeling I got with Confident Coils. I posted earlier in the week on another recoil thread that sometimes it works great for me and others it doesn't but I think I have figured out what caused that (it's brushing with the D3 at the wrong time)
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
Recoil is one of my HGs. In the summer I use it over CK and under BRGH. In the winter I use it mixed with a leave-in and under BRHG. Even when my hair was long a tube lasted for about 9 months of daily usage.
Curlsnswirls likes this.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
When I first went CG in early 2007,many people here raved about it so I found a salon that carried it. It did ZIPPO for me. I tried it a few times a few different ways...still NOTHING.
41/married/2 kids/2 cats

-All OVER the board 2-3a-(depends on the day). 2nd day hair is impossible!
-JUST discovering importance of porosity! Fill and seal! I'm low!
-DC1C, JCGLS, Natural Glycerine for clarifying
-Deva Cuts better for me when shorter (shoulder). Ouidad cuts are EVIL for me.
-When long: BSRHG, Deva BLeaveIn, JCRR
When shorter: Deva BLeaveIn, DevaCurl Foam.
I use Ag Recoil over CK and I love it. Without it my hair is wavy but with it my has big chunky curls. I rake it through my hair when my hair is soaking wet.
Re:Coil can be a HG for me at times, but not consistently, and I've never been able to see a pattern or figure out why. When it works, it works really well, though.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
Originally Posted by carrie640
Exactly the same here. Near as I can tell it did absolutely nothing.

I sold it.
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
I personally love it! Especially with Curl Keeper. One of my favorite things to do with my hair is...

-Leave-in conditioner + Curl Keeper + Re:coil + Gel + Plop for 25 minutes + Diffuse until almost dry. I usually get good results doing that.

So yeah, I rake in a generous amount of Curl Keeper, then scrunch in 3 pea-sized amounts of Re:coil. It's one of those "a little goes a long way" products. You don't need much. Squeeze it onto your hair when your hands are dry, not wet! If they have product from before, wipe your hands dry before squeezing Re:coil out. Then it can emulsify and "multiply." You just need a little, and then when you rub your hands together, it turns all white and creamy.

Anyway, to get to the point, I would definitely recommed this. The only disadvantage is the price.
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Originally Posted by RedCurlsGirl
AG products can also be found in Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:various oils

DT:
Smooth Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Smoothing Conditioner
LI/Detangler/
:Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel, MJ Multicultural Curls

*experimenting and loving it!

Originally Posted by RedCurlsGirl
AG products can also be found in Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Originally Posted by Greatcurls
I tried a few different Bed, Bath and Beyonds and none of them carried it. I ended up having to order it from curlmart.

3c
***I Kinky Curly***

SuBsCrIbE to my YouTube channel for all things hair and more
www.youtube.com/ivycharlaine

Originally Posted by rudeechick

I just read this older post but its exactly what I want....definition without crunch. What products do you use to get that??
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
I don't use Re:Coil very often, but just gave it a try recently. I used MD curl cream as a LI, followed by Re:Coil and a small amount of Tigi's Head Shrink gel. It worked out great. I had lots of tight curls, volume and no frizz. The MD products were a great combination with the Re:Coil. I think they balance any dryness the Re:Coil causes.
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
I've been using Re:coil more than usual this summer and love the volume. Today I used Jessicurl WDT as a LI (to counter the dryness). Not a good combo for me! Although my hair felt great, it was frizz city! I don't do frizz! This looks like a great combo FBg! Will give it a go with my MD.
3B, fine, low/normal porosity
CG - July 2009
CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
Too many others to list!
AG Re:coil is my HG. I use it over FSG, KY, CK, JC, you name it. I have also used it on it's own without anything else. I love it!!!

(disclaimer -- I do low poo my hair once a week and I think this helps. Others have said that the re:coil build up on them, but since I low poo I think I avoid it.)
******************************
Mod CG since January 2010
2b/c in winter; mostly 3a in summer; working toward 3a all year-round
Fine - Dense - Fairly porous
Cowash & Leave in: Co-wash with TJs Tea-Tree Tingle cond. , Suave Naturals, TJ Nourish
Styling products in rotation: AG Re:coil, K-Y liquid; FSG, epsom salt & lavender curl-revitalizer;
Does the AG Recoil have much hold? Can it be used without any gel. Also does it dry crunchy?
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.