Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #41

Originally Posted by CurlsALOT View Post

It is expensive compared to the usual GVP Balm, Garnier or VO5 and Suave.

I have this new idea (to me at least) that if a product isn't going to do something for my hair then I'm not using it so I tossed my VO5 & Sauve since my reason to use them was only for finger friction - not conditioning.

I'm going out to buy the AOHR today. I cowash a few times a week (no shampoo) so a "better" ingredient product will benefit my hair.
Those conditioners you mentioned? Don't do a thing for me and you're on the money (no pun intended) saying that you should have stuff that actually does what it's intended to do. I've tried going budget vs. spending a little more and whenever I spend a little extra for quality its reflected in my hair. That being said, AOHR is an excellent product that uses quality ingredients and I hope you like it.

Now.. b/c its 11.99 a pop, I'm not sure I wanna use it as a cowash (though I did yesterday and loved it) but the LI use definitely applies.
Naturalista, did I mention that I love you? haha, I've been looking for a thicker conditioner and got pretty good results with GVP CB, but now that I know AOHR works on your hair, I know it'll work on mine!!
3a/C/iii; mod-CG since 07/14/08
Shampoo: Whole Foods 365 Citrus Grapefruit shampoo (same results as Deva Low Poo but a tenth of the price!)

Old 04-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #42

Originally Posted by CurlsALOT View Post

It is expensive compared to the usual GVP Balm, Garnier or VO5 and Suave.

ROTFL!!! You know.. I saw that you were the last to comment here and was busy being nosey... and you're talking bout ME!!! ROTFLLLLLLLLLLL!!

YES dahlin... its in my siggie!! With HG in ()!!

Now.. if you're a patient person (for shipping)--VITAMIN SHOPPE has all AO products ON SALE!!! So.. AOHR would cost like 8.99!!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #43

YES dahlin... its in my siggie!! With HG in ()!!

busy being nosey?? I'm confused :P If you're talking about me stalking you, then yes, I'm completely guilty!!

I see the (HG) now!! Also, there's vitamin shoppe right by my work, so I got some AOHR a few hours ago for $9!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #44

YES dahlin... its in my siggie!! With HG in ()!!

LOLOL!!! Yup I was busy being nosey trying to read your take on the condish. Ha@ you stalking me. I'm flattered. There are far better curlies more knowledgable in the struggle on this page than I...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Vitamin Shoppe!!!! Now go wash your hair and write back!! ROTFL!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #45

Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post

hahaha :P They may be more knowledgeable or whatever, but nothing is more useful than a hair twin!!

ahhhhhh I just washed it this morning and actually got really good results!! You know what hmixon helped me realize? My hair does not like direct humectant contact :P I HAVE to use a leave in first or I get a million stringlets =( I used to use Biotera's leave-in, but propylene glycol was the second or third ingredient listed, which is why my hair was like haha. Buuuut today I used the Tresemme Naturals as a leave-in, and voila! MY SPIRALS ARE BACKKKKKKKKKK

lol back to Earth :P so what's the best way to use the AOHR? As a DT? Should I do that cap/heat thing?

Old 04-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #46

Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post

For me it's not a DT type thing. I use it as a cowash, detangler or a LI, particularly the latter. I get consistently great hair days whenever I use it as a LI. It plays well with other products.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #47

Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post
Ok!! And as an LI, is this a "little goes a long way" product? Last question, I promise!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #48

Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post
LOL! It's ok, I don't break easily. You can ask however much you want. If I know.. then I'll answer.

AOHR is thick (consistency) for some people but it isnt for my thick/coarse hair so I use quite a bit for my whole head. Like maybe.. 1 half dollar size per section ( I wash and condition/style my hair in sections (4 in all)).

Old 04-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #49

Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post

Hmm ok. I'll have to play with it and see. Can't wait too see those results!! If there aren't any, I'll just send you the rest!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #50

MirCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009

I like it, too. I used it as a precondish today, since the hairdresser used a product with cones on me (AG Fast Food) and I knew I had to lowpoo to get it out, so I wanted a heavier, protective prepoo for my Spritz and Condish, so I used the AOHR.

My hair felt lovely. I felt like it helped protect me for lowpooing, ya know?
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
MirCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #51

Originally Posted by MirCurls View Post

My hair felt lovely. I felt like it helped protect me for lowpooing, ya know?
It totally does. I used it once as a prepoo before swimming and thumbs UP!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #52

rrkacey's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Default What is AOHR?? I can't figure it out! Help!

Everyone is talking about this awesome AOHR conditioner but I don't know what it is. Can someone please enlighten me?
rrkacey is offline   Reply With Quote