AOHR - Finally tried it!

I finally used the infamous AOHR. Very thick. I did like my results: soft, managble hair. I think I am a little torn between the White Camelia conditioner and AOHR!
Last relaxer - July 07
Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie
I just started using AOHR too! About how much do you use? It is so much thicker than my suave conditioner that I am afraid of weighing down my hair.
CG since: 7.22.08
Current Rotation:
(on a student budget)
Suave tropical coconut, AOHR!! Biotera curl creme (will not buy again), FX fixative booster curl gel, FOTE!! Baking Soda, (experimenting with LOOB)
University of Colorado 2010!
Originally Posted by mollyrose
A fairly large amount. I like conditioner to weigh down my hair a little bit because I am 4B
Last relaxer - July 07
Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie
I just started with AOHR, too. I haven't been using conditioners for awhile, but used it as a rinse out and a leave-in today. I think I'm in LOVE! Not too heavy at all for me
hmm, good thread! I was just about to post to see if anyone knew of a protein-free conditioner that doesn't contain any skin irritants. now I'm looking at the ingredient list for white camellia conditioner and it seems to be just what I was looking for. hopefully it is on the heavy side because my hair really likes oil and moisture. if not I can add some oil on my own. trip to whole foods tonight!!! let's see if I can get out of there without spending too much $$
Me too! I just started using it 2 days ago after wrecking havoc on my hair with re:coil. This stuff is amazing. After only 2 days it's really restored the moisture in my hair -- and not only faster, but better than all of the DT i tried.
3a & hates mag sulfates
currently using:
AOHR
Mop Top Shampoo or Eulence 1x week
KBB nectar leave-in with KCCC
I tried it and ended up with really oily hair - I think I will use less next time and see what happens. It is definitely different. I think it might work if I just operate under that assumption that half of it is not going to rinse out, and choose my amount accordingly. I normally slather on large amounts of conditioner but I guess that doesn't work so well with this one.

It didn't irritate my skin at all, which makes me happy. If all else fails I could mix it with a tiny amount of my shampoo so that it rinses easier.

Last edited by tmmy_cat; 09-12-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Last edited by Miss Blush; 04-28-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
This stuff is always my go-to main stay. I've tried others but always come back "home". Yes, it's pretty thick, I've bought DT's with less consistancy. And I think what you put on is what you get, but I get lots of slip with it, and it makes my hair oh so happy!
Sulfate free since may of 08!!
MOD CG since July 09

2b-3a from base to canopy, Self proclaimed 2.5c,botticelli f-mii
Hendigo head!
lo poo: burt's bees, Dr. Bonner's
co wash: Deva curl no poo or suave
Condish: biologe conditioning balm
Stylers: AG re:coil, FSG and proclaim
Plopping...where have you been all my life?!
Just in case anyone has a Vitamin Shoppe
nearby they also carry AO products and they are cheaper than Whole Foods.(also have Jane Carter and a few others that pop up here)
3a Long (waist) thick med course dry thirsty
DT: Curl Junkie
Diffuse 70% dry
Location: Pompano Bch Florida

NEW PICS
This is one of my staples, along with GVP Conditioning Balm and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Co. At first I thought it was pricey, but since you don't need to use a lot of it (even on my hair, which is waist length) it's really not expensive. Sometimes Whole Paycheck does put it on sale too, which is even better. I've tried the White Camellia too but the Honeysuckle Rose works better for me.
2c/3a/3b curls, waist length
Cleansers:Body Shop Honey 'Poo, V05 Co
Conditioners:GVPCB/AOHR/HSHPumpkin

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/GVP K-Pak/EVOO
Leave-ins/Stylers:KCKT/KCCC/KCGP

Here are the ingredients for the AOHR VersaceCrazy

Ingredients:Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

There is no mention of protein but there may be some in the wheat germ oil for example. Usually curlies that don't like protein can use this co ok.
UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
Hair loves protein!
new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!
Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by curlyhairmichuk; 11-21-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
I love, love, love this conditioner. I use it at least once a week. My thirsty, very dry, coarse, thick hair drinks this stuff up. I add about 1/2 a tsp. on day 2 and 3 as a leave in. If there is a more moisturizing, rich, condtioner, I'd love to know about it.
pinkwolf likes this.
CG since June/09
3a/b extremely thick, coarse, porous
Loving AOHR, Biolage Conditioning Balm, KCCC.
For those of you that use this, how is the scent? Is it strong like the GPB?
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Yeah I dont think they can make a product without it having a strong sent LOL

I do like the HR sent but I know some people on here didnt like it much. I also like the White Camilla smell.
Precious Honey
3c with some 3b at the bottom.
Im lovin HENNA
Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
Leave in: Elucence MBC
Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
I like to order as much as I can online, as long as shipping is reasonable. I think the best thing for me would be to smell it at the store before purchasing. Thanks.
Originally Posted by curlykey
They have a seal on the top of the bottle so you aren't going to have much luck sniffing it in a store unless there is a tester available. I really like the scent of AOHR and I think it's one of the better AO scents I've smelled. I don't find it to be strong, although I know some do. I mix it with my GVP CB to get deeper conditioning after I low poo.
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
Originally Posted by curlykey
Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz
. Hmm then maybe I can find a sample somewhere. I tried the AO GPB and the smell....ugh...and very strong and lingering. Thanks.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
This AOHR is the business and as soon as it hit my hair I fell in LOVE!! Just the right consistency to pack in the moisture and bring on the slip which also makes it a wonderful detangler. No heaviness or anything.

It's def my new HG for LI!!!
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam