Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #1

unique87's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default L'oreal Vive Pro HydroGloss Conditioner

I have tried it as a rinse out and I love it! It makes my hair feel so soft and moisturized. Despite the fact it has cones but their water soluble but that doesn't bother me. Anyone else try this? What do you think?
coarse, thick, fine, low porosity

currently using:

unique87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #2

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

I love this too! When I first started to use it, I began to break out around my jawline and hairline. Now when I use it, while my hair is still plopped, I just remember to use an astringent in those areas, and the breakouts have stopped.

I really think this is a great condish, especially for drugstore.
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #3

aislin's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

I used to love this one a lot- last summer this was my hg product! I also used the normal poo and conditioner, and used this maybe once a week. I loved it and raved about it so much that my mother in law gave it to me in my stocking for Christmas! Eventually though, I found it made my hair really poofy- but that was back when I was using cones in just about every hair product I had, maybe that had something to do with it. I revisited the product about a month ago, and it was still a no go. I LOVED the smell!
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #4

Gemini13's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

I can't remember exactly which of the Vive Pros it was, but there is one that doesn't have any cones and it works really well. It was the one for medium to long curly hair. (Which seems a little odd to me, I don't think they have one for short curly hair, lol).

ETA: It's the Vive Pro Nutri Gloss.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls

Last edited by Gemini13; 09-17-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Gemini13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Gemini13 View Post

ETA: It's the Vive Pro Nutri Gloss.

Yes the one for med/long curly hair is cone free I'm sure. It works great! It is in a baby pink bottle.
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #6

Join Date: Oct 2008

So is the l'oreal vive pro hydro gloss for long wavy/curly hair cg for sure, and how can I find out?....I read somewhere that it is not....now I'm confused........I really like this stuff...
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #7

Join Date: Oct 2008

There's another thread in the 'Main discussion' section about L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss - I believe that's CG. I've been using it for the last two weeks and I love it!
UK CG since: 1 October 2008
Hair type: 3A/3B
Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince
Nectar1269 is offline   Reply With Quote