My Wen Conditioning Cleanser Review

I have type 3/A- 3/B curls, thick and dry. A few weeks ago I was watching QVC and saw the Wen products. Well seeing how beautiful the womens hair looked, I just had to order a bottle. I ordered the fig cleansing conditioner ($28 bottle) for thick, dry hair and was very excited when it came in the mail. Well I used it for 3 days and followed the directions on the bottle exactly. I must say it is one of the worst products I have ever used on my hair! It left this waxy residue in my hair and my curls were like frizz puffs, even air dried. The worst part is it totally killed my scalp. All of a sudden my scalp itched terribly and broke out. I ended up sending it back to QVC for a full refund. The smell of this stuff made me choke too. I went back to my old shampoo and ended up mixing some tea tree oil in it everytime I wash my hair and my scalp is slowly starting to recover. Ugh..never again.

Anyone else have the same effect with this product?

Last edited by AllentownCurlyGirl78; 09-19-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Never tried it, but it doesn't surprise me. I got the sense that it was over-priced CO wash (with cones) anyways. Now, I'm hearing it's worse than that.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
Wow, that sucks. You ought to write a review about it at ratinghq.com

Sometimes it is better to stick with the old. I personally use the V05. Nothing special though.
There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

which one did you use??
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I used the Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner for thick /dry hair.