-   -   LOOB must thank.... (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/57598-loob-must-thank.html)

TaraVictoria 09-27-2008 04:44 PM

LOOB must thank....

hi! I have to say - I'm just a few days on this board and wow! I've LEARNED soooooo much! you must all be chemistry engineers or scientists, it's amazing finding out about all of these ingriedients.... wow!
So, I used the LOOB and WOWWWW!!! it's a lovely, rainy, humid day in NJ here - and I was out all day with my little girl, NO FRIZZ!!!!!!!!! OMG! a FIRST! and I Love my Deva stuff, but this was amazing! I'm hooked! for $3.80 at Walmart - I'm switching! and the Suave conditioner - omg - amazing! and SO much less!
just wondering - does anyone use anything over their dry hair with LOOB? like a pomade or finish of any sort??????????
so - THANK YOU everyone who has helped to educate and inform me!!! As a teacher, I REALLY appreciate the help!!! :)
stay curly!
Tara

laru 09-27-2008 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 735521)
stay curly!
Tara

You could use more LOOB perhaps? I scrunched in some Hairmix Spiral Splendor. I always use it for touchups. It does have an a-cone in it however.

amy51373 09-27-2008 05:32 PM

I used LOOB this weekend as my curl cream and loved my results. I also use it on dry hair to smooth frizzies etc. I usually use gel over all my curl cream type products because I like that extra hold. LA Looks is one of my fav's and is cheap. I also sometimes use Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Wax to smooth over hair.

eche428 09-27-2008 06:04 PM

I absolutely love LOOB. If I need something after scrunching I smooth on a tiny bit of Jane Carter's Nouriche & Shine (sp?). It works great!

amy51373 09-27-2008 08:33 PM

JC N&S is my absolute favorite scrunch product. Followed closely by KBB hair butter.

TaraVictoria 09-28-2008 05:20 AM

ok - so where do I find this Jane Carter stuff? sounds like another must have!!!

TaraVictoria 09-28-2008 05:21 AM

do LA Looks or Garnier have cones? just wondering....
thanks again for the helpful info!!!

amy51373 09-28-2008 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 735814)
do LA Looks or Garnier have cones? just wondering....
thanks again for the helpful info!!!

The LA Looks Sport gel doesn't have cones. I believe the other LA Looks gels don't either but I can't swear to it since I don't have those handy. I use the Sport one in the blue bottle. The Garnier Fructis Wax doesn't have cones either.

TaraVictoria 09-28-2008 12:33 PM

wow! that's SO great!!!I can't wait to hit my local CVS again - it's been a while since I've been shopping there for hair care!!!

GINALINDA35 10-14-2008 10:14 PM

I'm a newbie.
What's LOOB?

BrewCrewGrl 10-15-2008 02:02 AM

I'm a newbie.
What's LOOB?
Loreal Out of Bed

I use KBB hair cream to SOTC. I also use a little gel over my LOOB, I use HE SMU and spray it on when I am about 50% diffused.

eche428 10-15-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 735813)

I bought it online but don't remeber who from. Google it and you'll find sites that sell it. Also some Whole Foods carry it (supposedly) but none of the one's I've been to have it.

amy51373 10-15-2008 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by eche428 (Post 753662)

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 735813)

My WF carries the Jane Carter products so you might get lucky with them. Otherwise her website Jane Carter or Afrokinks has it.

chlicurl 10-15-2008 04:09 PM

Love my Jane Carter stuff! I get it at The Vitamin Shoppe.

TaraVictoria 10-15-2008 05:40 PM

thanks gang! I did find some at Whole Foods - actually, quite a bit of it there! off to give it a whirl and my new KBB too! how exciting!!!!!!!!! :) thanks again!

Nectar1269 11-01-2008 12:57 PM

I was so excited to find a product that's talked about so often on this site in the UK - I picked up some LOOB last weekend and couldn't wait to try it. I've been using Boots CC for the last month or so...

I tried it on Tuesday and I had stringy, matt hair all day - I thought I might have used too much so I tried again yesterday... I had great curls all day and even got two compliments - one from a colleague and one from a friend who said my hair looked really healthy. Isn't that what we're all after?!

Second-day hair is a little disappointing though - but will definitely use it again.

UK curlies - it's on special offer at Boots - buy one, get one half price :)

egyptiancurls89 11-01-2008 03:38 PM

what does loob do exactly?

curlyzan 11-01-2008 07:11 PM

I'm no authority but I use it for 2nd day hair on dry hair to help reduce frizz.

eche428 11-01-2008 10:26 PM

For me it's a curl cream. I'm trying to go all natural with my products and not use LOOB because of the andimeth-whatever-cone (water soluable) but so far only LOOB gives me soft, shiny, bouncy curls that last all day with no frizz and no crunch to scrunch. I usually use it over leave-in with nothing else. Sometimes though if I know I want really good hair or it's really windy out then I'll add a gel over the top.

aneffigy 11-09-2008 04:22 PM

Has LOOB dried anyone else out? I stole a tub from my sister when I went to visit her in March and just tried it out on Friday. I used it again today. Both times my hair was soft and well-defined for the first hour or two, and then within a few hours it starts to feel very dry on the ends. I'm very protein sensitive, so I checked the ingredient list, but didn't see any no nos.