Beauty 4 Ashes... Have you tried it?

Hello all . I'm new here and I just recently chopped off all of my permed ends. I've been doing a lot of research on the best products to use for my hair. One thing that seems to ring true is that natural products are better than synthetic ones. I found this brand called Beauty 4 Ashes... Has anyone used it? If so, what were your results? If you have pics, please post them. I compared this line to Carrol's Daugther, and this line is 100% natural, which is what I really want. But it costs a pretty penny! Actually, all the natural (or semi-natural) lines that I found were more expensive than any synthetic line. If i'm gonna pay $100 for a hair product kit, it better do everything it promises ! I searched all over the net for consumer reports, and it's got rave reviews. I couldn't find one bad thing about the line...
Hell to the no, and I never will!!!!!

[/B]
I haven't tried it, but what are the prices?
Natural lines are more expensive, but if you tell me the prices, it might turn out that I can recommend some others that are cheaper, and I'm talking all natural, too.
Empress, why not? Is it the price?
A kit can range from $100 to $150. You can buy everything individually but you get a discount if you buy the kits. Go to www.discoverb4a.com and check it out. Again, I haven't found one bad review on the line. Only good ones. And I did a LOT of research. I was thinking about Carrol's Daughter, but I found that it's not 100% natural. Can you suggest any other lines that are 100%?
Wow, that's not cheap. Trust me, hair products should not be that expensive, and this is coming from someone who is willing to pay more for natural products.
Karen's Body Beautiful is all-natural. No chemicals. Hugo Naturals, Aubrey Organics, and if you live in NYC, Earthly Delight (Whole Foods is where I found it). There are others I've seen, but I'd have to see the ingredients again to tell you with certainty.
Other brands have some natural products, though not all their products are completely natural. Oyin and Kinky-Curly come to mind.
There are also a lot of shampoo bars which people here love, and those tend to be all-natural.
Thanks for the tips Sairis. I'm definitely going to check those out because I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg for natural products if I don't have to. Have you tried any of them?

Last edited by A_la_Nap-tural; 09-30-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: To address someone....
I use pretty much everything KBB has and love it. The most expensive product I have from her is her great Luscious Locks Hair Mask, and that's $25, but it's something to use once a month. Her hair milk and nectar are fantastic and people here tend to love them.

I also use the Hugo Naturals Red Tea and Ylang-ylang shampoo and conditioner, and I like them a lot. The conditioner is moisturizing, but still light, so it's great when you can feel your hair might not need so much.

The Earthly Delight conditioner is nice and rich. They only have one that I've seen, and two shampoos. I have the herbal one. They also have a pomade, which is a bit pricey at $15, since you can get their other products for the same price. They have the address on their bottles, so they might have more products available there.

I am not a fan of Aubrey Organics hair products, but most people here absolutely love their Honeysuckle Rose conditioner or the White Camelia.

Kinky-Curly curling custard is very popular here, but I can't give you an opinion on it since I just used it for the first time and I need a few more tries to make up my mind about it.

I have not tried the Oyin products or shampoo bars.

You can also have a look at the all-natural care forum on this page and the swap board if you want to try out something without spending a lot. And, if you have a Whole Foods or other natural/health food store, search around, you never know what you'll find.
I haven't tried it, but what are the prices?
Empress, why not? Is it the price?
Originally Posted by Sairis
Put it this way, when I have the creator of a product with whom I have a good rapport with, and she tells me that they are ripping people off, then it's surely a nono!

[/B]
That's why I was asking. Your response made me think that you knew something. It's terrible that people are so unscrupulous.
I know a bit

[/B]
How exactly are they getting over? Is it the price, or are they not actually 100% natural? Does the product not do what it claims? Truly, I'd still be willing to try it if it does what it says it will... Call me crazy! Again, I've read everywhere about this product, and I haven't found one bad review, not one. Not one customer complaint or claim that it didn't do what it was supposed to. I'm a see it to believe it kind of girl, and generally, every product has at least 1 bad review. It says something when you can't find one review against a product line. Are you sure your friend isn't biased, or did she try it herself? Is it the "ministry" thing? Does she think they're pulling on Christian's heart strings with the bible verses and such?
I think it is a matter of the ingredients they're using being good, but certainly not worth that much. Unless that company's products literally have magical properties, I can't see why they're that expensive.
I agree the price is high... I've actually been researching EO's and different butters and their benefits... I think I just may develop my own line of products. Then I could trust the quality! Now if I could just find an angel investor! Your hair looks great by the way. And did I tell you how much I love the ED conditioner. The shampoo leaves me feeling squeaky, but I think that's b/c I haven't washed out all of the cones. A few more washes should handle that... but oooh, that conditioner is the best-est! I made that up, but you know what I mean!
Originally Posted by A_la_Nap-tural
not at all. but put it this way, find the ingredients and then look up the prices of everything, and you tell me if their price is justifiable. if you think it is, then so be it.

certain things i expect to cost a certain amount, but there are other things that make me want to tell people to kiss my @$$. but i mean, if someone wants to pay $100 for glorified shea butter (im not talking about theirs, moreso thinking of long lovely locks and their OUTRAGEOUS price increase for what? glorified emulsified shea butter) then hey, kudos to them.

fine look, i found some of their key ingredients:

Coconut Milk & Juices, Burdock, Babassu, Goat Milk, Buttermilk, Silk & More

coconut milk and burdock root are fairly cheap. babassu is slightly expensive, but goat milk costs less i believe. if it's silk protein that's not terribly expensive either, and buttermilk damn sure aint expensive. so im gonna pay $70 for that? yeah freaking right!!!! anita grant's stuff, in USD doesn't even come to that (unless you order her block of rhassoul).

8 f***ing ounces of shampoo for $70, that doesn't sound crazy to you? sh*t... lol

believe me, they wouldn't get nan over on me. im looking at the ingredients and there is nothing so damn exotic here or something hard to obtain. what the hell, did they swing through the jungle and travel over the hills for ingredients?

(but here's my own take, they slapped CHRISTIAN on top of it, why? to make everyone run and say OH BUT THEY'RE CHRISTIAN I MUST SUPPORT THEM!)

but i won't knock their hustle. there is some person(s) out there that will pay $70 for something that should cost at least $20.

[/B]
oh, and where did you find your reviews?

cause even head honcho pj central they sort of shy away from their line...

"I was thinking about trying them - and I have asked and searched around on all the forums and no one has tried them - and everyone thinks to stay away from them. And now I agree. They are overpriced and whenever I send emails about samples or ingredients they don't respond. And it turns me off that for the price - the products last @ 60 days. So I'm still looking for all natural products. I'll keep y'all posted."

[/B]
I hear you! You're funny as heck... swinging through the jungle... you never know, they may have had a Tarzan moment. Again, I'm really looking into mixing up some of my own stuff. That's how Carol's Daughter was started and Karen's Body Beautiful. Everybody's going natural today, like they went crazy over sushi and tofu a few years ago. I'm gonna cash-in. I'm a Christian but I'm not gonna use that as a marketing point. And I'll keep it reasonable, considering the quality. I'm glad I didn't buy it. ED is all natural and you can get it for about $12 @ Willner's. I'm still curious though... Again, when I have cash to blow, I'll probably try it just to compare. Then if it works, I'll steal the recipe and change it a little and call it my own! Te-he-he ! J/K!
hehe! girl believe me, ill try almost everything so im sooo not biased, but i will call out bullsh*t when i see it. it's just a hustle dear, just a hustle. one that i wont fall for.

don't get me started on carol's daughter, damn commercial crap. i hate their stuff! i like wait, 2 things, when my hair is straight, the end. and karen told me she would NEVER cheaper her products so that made me happy.

If i'm gonna pay $100 for a hair product kit,
It had better have 18 carat gold flakes in it.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Haha, you're damn right, SBB!
And I'm glad that you're enjoying the Earthly Delight condish, ALN. It's fab.
oh, and where did you find your reviews?

cause even head honcho pj central they sort of shy away from their line...
Originally Posted by empressri
I just googled "reviews for beauty 4 ashes". It was mostly articles and threads like this from the long hair care forum. A lady did an article comparing B4A and Carol's and she liked B4A better. I'm in no rush to go broke though. I know you saw the market crash. I'll save my pennies thank you!