Re:coil

What's a good mate for this product? It's nice in my hair, but it doesn't give any hold.. my curls end up pretty droopy.

Thanks!
A gel that you like, Do you have any favorite gels, You can try some of the LA Looks or the Labella li ne they are pretty inexpensive.. When I use my Recoil I will use Deva Angell.
3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
P/Wmarissa
Right now, I have Jessicurl RR and CC. I can try to pair it the RR and see how it does... but now I'm not sure what re:coil will do for you if you have to pair it up with a gel? hmmm..
I always use my Re:coil with a gel. I just don't feel like I get enough hold with a curl cream only. Even KCCC which is pretty gel like I use a light gel over for the hold factor. I like the LA Looks or Deva gels with my Re:coil as well.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
Re:coil is a curl enhancer, it doesn't offer any hold. Well, not for most of us anyway. I always use it with a gel on top.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
Originally Posted by JenniKS
The jessicurl RR and Re:coil perform essentially the same task, so you're heading into overkill with that combination and I don't think it'll help with the issue.

Re:coil and RR are both enhancers... they give your curls bounce and spring, but if you normally need something in your hair to maintain frizz free, bouncy curls, you're still going to need it. A spray gel, regular gel, maybe even a curl creme... anything with hold.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
I am having an amazing day with Re:coil! I bought it from a discount salon store ... had horrible luck with it before when teamed it with HETT gel which was supposed to be good.... But I ended up with a frizzy head of hair and no definition. This time, I left some Suave Coconut condish in, then raked in re:coil, then Biolage Gelée and scrunched with a mf towel, then diffused for a bit and let it dry naturally the rest of the way. I have these little ringlets! Yay!!! 'Cause I couldn't return the Re:coil (already returned the HETT) and it was not a drugstore find after all ....
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827

Last edited by curlsAbound; 11-01-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: (bashful) ... saw some typos! I was so excited that I typed it w/o reading it over...
Here are some pix .... so glad I gave the re:coil another go!
Attached Thumbnails
Re:coil-recoil-closeup-hanging-hair.jpg   Re:coil-recoil-biolage-smile.jpg
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
ive been using recoil with kbb hair milk and its great!!! coz the hair milk gives my hair the moisture it needs to absorb all of recoils curl enhancing ingredients so my hair springs to life!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)