found a great CG styler!

Is the benzoate CG? Please say yes, I reaaaaaally want to try this gel.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
It didn't work for me. I tried it today and it was a disaster. I am frizzy and my curls are stringy looking. Couldn't get them to clump like I usually do. It's not a good look. No shine whatsoever and not overly fond of the smell. Ah well, another one for the product graveyard.
Originally Posted by Rednaturalcurls
That's such a shame. Do you not have a store that has a satisfaction guaranteed policy? I only use a drugstore that does for my hair experiments so that if I don't like something, I can take it back, no problem and no questions asked.

On another note, I am so intrigued by the review of this product. I think it's on sale so I, too, might have to check it out. Ah, the vicious circle of a PJ!!
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
Originally Posted by Rednaturalcurls
I'm thinking it was the castor oil. Some people totally love what castor oil does for their hair but others hate it because it is more difficult to remove than other oils and can make some people stringy.

But it's so cool that this product seems to be working for so many of you! Thinking about trying it myself -- I still don't know how my hair will react to castor oil, though. It doesn't seem to like anything but avocado or coconut.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I saw this listed a few weeks ago - ok, maybe a month... happen to be at Harmons where all Samy is on super sale... I picked this up and the yellow bottle for "big curls" - or something like that ... Now, I'm really enjoying my natural stuff - like KBB - but I was VERY happy with this stuff - very happy! It's not sticky at all, and I can use it on wet or dry hair - pretty amazing - and NO frizz!!! great curl formation!!! LOVE it! thanks for the mention!!!! definitely a great one!!!!

thanks for the review! i may just have to pick this up! :]

SAMY iStyle I'm Twisted Curl Spray Gel

Description

• Shapes & shines.
  • Stops the frizzies.
  • Recharge your curls with this shine enhancing, lightweight anti-frizz curl activating spray gel!
  • This amazing styling tool conditions, revives, and shapes frizzy lifeless curls.
  • Specially designed with curl memory to create the perfect spiral ringlets or soft loose waves that last and last.
  • Adds vibrant shine and bounce to any style and is perfect for wavy, naturally curly or permed hair.
  • Will not flake and contains no wax, residue or sticky build-up to weight hair down.
  • Made in USA.
Ingredients:

Water - Aqua , Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer , PVP , Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer , Glycerin , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Aminomethyl Propanol , Fragrance - Parfum , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Benzyl Benzoate , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool
Originally Posted by megaboo
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
Ive seen this at my local walgreens now i want to try it. does any one know is it an actual spray or is it thick and comes out in a stream?
it's a pretty light consistency... comes out pretty fine, I used about 5 or 6 pumps to get it into my dry hair, a lot more on wet hair...but works great - and I have thick hair too... haven't found a spray gel like this ever! great stuff! and great 2nd day hair too!

Bump

Are any of you ladies still using this, i have passed it by too many times and its 3 for $10.00. the only thing thats stopping me is the glycerin. Im liking my hett but i still have some frizz.
I saw this at Walgreens yesterday and picked some up, recalling this thread. I used it today - INCREDIBLE!! Seriously, I have not had this good of a hair day in a loooooooooong time. My husband complimented it before I left for work, and then I got compliments from a few different co-workers. I had tons of shrinkage using this gel, however, I will GLADLY trade length for bouncier, boingier curls!!!!!!
Originally Posted by jlpmom23
Ok, if you like it, good chances are that I will like it! I'm gonna have to see if I can get this!

starg2008, thanks for the sale info!!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
Just FYI, my local Walgreens had this for $3.29 as a "last chance" item, so maybe they're going to stop carrying Samy products. I got it because of the rave reviews on this thread (and the price, of course).. I was so excited because I had just debated and decided against getting it for $5.99 at the Ulta across the street!
3A
Modified CG since 11/14/08!
Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
DT: Jessicurl WDT
Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC
My Walgreens didn't have it but the Rite Aid across the street did. I ended up picking up a bottle of it Friday to try out. Sadly I haven't really done my hair since then so I haven't used but one spray of it, yet.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
sadly, that may make sense... our Harmons had a 3 week sale on the whole line -now they're down to hardly anything.... hope it's not a goner!